"Crockett`s Theme" from Norway....

Microdomus

Just found this forum through the Twitter page. Been a MV fan since late 80s, but got the fanboy re-ignited after I saw the Cocaine Cowboys documentary on Netflix. So much so, I had to record my own version of "Crockett`s Theme", AND... make a bloody music video for it!

Thought I might share it with you fellow fanboys :)

... anyways, "skål" from Norway!

11142388_912280768830575_1515722427_n.jp

• Like 8

Nice video, and music. Refreshing version!

Skål! Hjemmebrygg eller?

Edited by JSCrockett
  • Like 1

Beautiful!  The excitement in the video coincides with the more exciting parts of the music.  Very well done. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Creative. Hearing so many versions over the years, (some that are not too good) I too, am glad to hear a new version that is actually fun to hear. I like how you used the secondary theme played under the main theme, like I hear in the 12 extended versions to nice effect.

Not at all like the copycat  versions out there. Great Job!

• Like 1

• Administrators

Welcome to the site! I love the effect on the video, and Crockett's Theme sounds great too.

Where did you get the guitar tab? Assuming it is an actual guitar and not a midi. 

• Like 1

Thanx folks, really appreciated it  :thumbsup:

Welcome to the site! I love the effect on the video, and Crockett's Theme sounds great too.

Where did you get the guitar tab? Assuming it is an actual guitar and not a midi. 

Thanx! 

I didn`t find any tabs out there, so I just figured out the parts by listening to various versions of the song. It`s real guitars and such, yeah :)

• Administrators

Thanx folks, really appreciated it  :thumbsup:

Thanx! 

I didn`t find any tabs out there, so I just figured out the parts by listening to various versions of the song. It`s real guitars and such, yeah :)

Oh nice, I guess I'm just not skilled enough to improvise on my own. :)

Oh nice, I guess I'm just not skilled enough to improvise on my own. :)

I`m not good at writing tabs and stuff, but I got a couple of jams from my instagram... maybe they can be of any help?

Guitar is tuned to E standard...

Arpeggio riff:

https://instagram.com/p/vHWpjpjEcB/?taken-by=microdomus

Lead melody:

https://instagram.com/p/vOs54cjEfB/?taken-by=microdomus

• 2 weeks later...

It's an excellent rendition! That's a pity such music didn't find its way to the 2006 feature movie.... it would've suited it better than the post-grunge they used. 

Norway.

It a was few years back, Warsaw, I was standing at the bar, a go-go bar it was, lapdance and neons, "True" by Spandau Ballet playing in the background, when all of a sudden a group of Norwegian guys came in.

"Cool suit bro!" they said. "D'ya get a lot of pussy for that suit?"

"Sure I do," I replied.

And so we ordered a round of bourbon, and they raised the glasses with that Nordic "skål!"

I tried to repeat it, but it was too weak.

"Skål!!!!! Like a Viking!" they roared.

So I roared back, and that time it was all right.

Welcome to the forum, and once again - genuine respect for the video.

Edited by corsair77
  • Like 2

Haha, cool story! Bet the suit was white? 

Thanx man, quite some work put into that video. Working on a couple of remixes of the track now, and a cover of the main theme as well.

I`ll post the here as soon as they`re done :) 

• 3 weeks later...

In spirit with the great Jan Hammer`s habit of pumping out different versions of his music... I thought I`d do the same!

Reloaded: Song is remixed and some parts corrected, video has some color adjustments and scene change. The ultimate version IMO

Radio edit: same version as Reloaded, only shorter and less guitars. My attempt to get closer to Jan`s original version.

:)

• Like 1

Nice montage! I like how they mixed the real headlines of the day with MV intertwined

Thanks for posting.

Edited by Stinger390X
  • Like 1

Nice montage! I how they mixed the real headlines of the day with MV intertwined

Thanks for posting.

Thanx! Used footage from the documentary, Cocaine Cowboys, throughout the video.

• 4 weeks later...

Will never leave Sonny Crockett and Richardo Tubbs alone, 2nd tribute to Miami Vice in the can... ;)

Extended version:

Short version:

Edited by Microdomus

Just watched all 3 of your versions of Crockett's Theme.  I am no musician but your music was terrific and the colors, images and pacing were just super.  Thank you for sharing.

• Like 1

Just watched all 3 of your versions of Crockett's Theme.  I am no musician but your music was terrific and the colors, images and pacing were just super.  Thank you for sharing.

^^Thanks for listening! :)

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

My latest and last MV abomination. Can be viewed as the sequel to the "Crockett`s Theme" video I posted earlier this year...

Enjoy! :)

Ok, that is badass. Nice guitar playing.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1