DON JOHNSON SEEN AT NBA FINALS GAME!

COOPER&BURNETT

nba_zpssuuuj6l8.png

http://nbatitlechase.com/blog/2015/06/14/don-johnson-looking-warriors-cheerleaders/

Tonight in game 5 of the NBA finals, the camera showed DON JOHNSON in the crowd in Oakland California. The TV commentators asked, "Where's Tubbs?"  and, "I LOVE MIAMI VICE!" "He sure looks great for his age!"

Not sure which team if any he was rooting for. He wasn't wearing any team colors. I know he did that miami vice commercial with Lebron James, but then again, he did his NASH BRIDGES TV show just a couple miles away in San Francisco (the city next to Oakland California, just a few minutes drive), so who knows...perhaps he just wanted to see a great basketball game.

Also, not sure who he was with. A son perhaps?

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 3

If you can find the real audio commentary, it's great to hear! They said they loved MIAMI VICE! They mentioned his age, and said he looked great! It was great to hear MIAMI VICE and DON JOHNSON mentioned in a nationally watched show.

• Like 3

he did his NASH BRIDGES TV show just a couple miles away in San Francisco (the city next to Oakland California, just a few minutes drive)

There are a few million residents of the Bay Area who would like to know your method of getting from SF to OAK in a few minutes.  Do you have a secret tunnel?

:)  

Man, I watched this game but I missed DJ.    :tongue:  

• Like 3

O.K., O.K.....twenty minutes........with no traffic. :)  Oakland's traffic, and San Francisco's traffic is terrible! I've driven in both many, many times, and each time....it sucks. Twice, I have missed my exit to San Fran due to heavy traffic, and found myself in Oakland (not a city you really want to go to, ...unless it's the Oakland Hills.) L.A. traffic is far worse, but that bay area traffic still sucks.

From San Francisco, CA
To Oakland, CA

Can't believe everyone missed DON JOHNSON! I guess I was really focused on the game, as I watched the whole thing from start to finish.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

LOL... that's really funny.  :)

Because I did not miss him, although my location is Germany.
Needed a few bad tricks to watch it here but what I wouldn't do to get only the smallest scene with Don ?? :p

Of course it is Jasper, his son at his side. 

The reporters were great - loved mentioning Miami Vice and sure...

HE IS IN BEST SHAPE IN THESE DAYS 

and showing his peace sign just we are used to see it  :done:

22244370ll.jpg

• Like 2

Awesome picture, and I love how when everyone see's DJ they mention Miami Vice, (it's probably impossible not to) love it...I'd probably end up doing the same thing.

That, and I have several questions I want to ask him myself as a fan  :) 

• Like 2

Man, he does look GREAT ! :cool:  :thumbsup:

Please, Don, make a Miami Vice TV movie before, you & your co- workers get too old or before.......I die!  ;(

• Like 4

Man, he does look GREAT ! :cool:  :thumbsup:

Please, Don, make a Miami Vice TV movie before, you & your co- workers get too old or before.......I die!  ;(

LOL...that´s what I call sarcasm....

but to get serious: Tony, don´t worry, VICE fanship keeps energetic, you´re gonna live 1 year per episode easily...

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1

Tom, your right! MIAMI VICE has kept me young for a long time. I'm still in the 80's, and I'm certain that has slowed the aging process in me. I look younger than all my friends. All due to MIAMI VICE!   It's my "Fountain of Youth"!

• Like 2

Susanna Girl, I think Don looks better now than he has in years! I'm so proud of him working out, and eating right. He looks AWESOME!

Still hoping someone finds the audio of the commentators talking about Don, MIAMI VICE, and how great he looks during a very, very important basketball game in front of the Nation (and international too!) I was so happy!

OK, now I get it.  This wasn't a random appearance.  DJ will be starring in a new ABC show called "Boom" this fall, so ABC put him in the audience of this NBA game as sort of a promo.  "Boom" will be about the North Dakota oil boom.  It's being described as an updated version of the TV show "Dallas".

http://deadline.com/2015/03/don-johnson-cast-boom-abc-pilot-1201389055/ 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_and_Oil

Well, if you wanted publicity to a large audience........I'd say that would be one way to do it.

He dressed nicely, and wasn't wearing a team shirt over his nice clothes in case the camera spotted him. ;) 

I caught that moment. Was definitely great to see DJ in the crowd, and the commentators seemed pretty jazzed he was there. No idea who he was rooting for; my inital guess was LeBron due to the Miami connection, but who knows.

Hey DJ, how about coming to Cleveland for game 6 tomorrow night? ;)

Lar! Glad to know someone else saw it besides me! Not sure who Don was rooting for. His son did have a Warriors shirt on.

Glad to have you on the site! You've been gone way too long. Miss ya pal!

COOP

Lar! Glad to know someone else saw it besides me! Not sure who Don was rooting for. His son did have a Warriors shirt on.

Glad to have you on the site! You've been gone way too long. Miss ya pal!

COOP

LOL Thanks Coop! Your pal Lar has been pretty busy over the last year or so. What free time I've had has mostly been spent writing or doing things related to writing. Luckily it's paid off, as good things have been happening in relation to all that.

But rest assured, I'd never abandon my MVonline friends! And after seeing the animosity/arguing/etc. all over the internet, it's REALLY nice to come back to where people are civil!

So, I'm going to try to pop in more often like I used to, but if I don't, please know it's not my intentionally ignoring you all or anything like that.

Edited by Lar

AWESOME! Lar, just fashionably show up when you can! Great!  We'd love to have you around more.

P.S. Nice Avatar!

Thanks Coop! I got lucky and found another pastel white jacket (this one really cheap at Goodwill; if it wasn't brand new, it was almost certainly nearly new), so that's my current "wearing" one. I still (and always) keep an eye out for Vice-ish clothing when out and about, and I've added some great jackets to my wardrobe in recent times. Indeed, I'm set to be a host/panelist/moderator at a horror convention next summer, and I fully intend on wearing the MV look whilst working it, albeit an S5 MV look (jacket, t-shirt, and jeans). I've got you to thank for that sensibility C&B, going waaaaay back to the .org days!

Anyway, going back to the topic at hand, I really like that DJ's new show has been pretty heavily promoted during these NBA finals, and his showing up at the game last night was a welcome but not totally unexpected scene. Seems like he's gotten a boost in the public's eye since Django Unchained; I hope his new show does well. It's been, what, 10 years since Just Legal? That was his latest series wasn't it? I hope his new one lasts longer at any rate.

• Like 1

What kind words! THANK YOU!

Your going to look great at the horror convention!!!! Today, I wore the S5 look (but the blazer and shirt were more season 2 but with jeans).  I too bought all sorts of new jackets and blazers. I might post some with me wearing it like before.

Don did do several guest appearances on shows as a reoccuring character on the shows, "Eastbound and Down", and "From Dusk till Dawn". The new show, he's the lead character, and I'm thrilled for him! (hope he wears wayfarers. JK)

You and I go back a ways pal. It's cool to see you here! What a trip!

Tom, your right! MIAMI VICE has kept me young for a long time. I'm still in the 80's, and I'm certain that has slowed the aging process in me. I look younger than all my friends. All due to MIAMI VICE!   It's my "Fountain of Youth"!

It is OUR healthy drug!

The addiction never leaves - but it brings the very best effects to us.

Susanna Girl, I think Don looks better now than he has in years! I'm so proud of him working out, and eating right. He looks AWESOME!

Still hoping someone finds the audio of the commentators talking about Don, MIAMI VICE, and how great he looks during a very, very important basketball game in front of the Nation (and international too!) I was so happy!

No work outs - only Paleo diet.

And finally a cute 'round' tough lady -Susan Patricola- as management who made it to kick his ass at the points where it was needed.

His previous management was AWFUL!

Since Mrs. Patricola cares about DJ he goes up like a rocket through ceiling.

To the audio...

I wasn't aware it could become as important to you Coop. If I would have known I would have safed it.

I have searched for in the last hours again - I am sorry it is not to get anymore.

Please - do not mind. I really see your excitement with mentioning Míami Vice by the reporter and it makes me happy.

Only to me who knows all these scenes with Don ...

'Miami Vice' turned kind a like into his family name.

There is no interview - no meeting with paparazzi - no meeting with fans - even he simply can't leave an airport for his

car without the shout MIAMI VICE is to hear.

Ever and always: MV.

And it is good that way because without MV and Sonny Crockett he would be only a no one today.

Only I feel something else too:

If you follow all this as hard as I do there even comes up a point where you in a certain way start to feel sorry for him.

Sorry, because it also suffocates all what is important on the other hand.

Again Coop - please do not mind my thoughts. I simply see it with a bit different ears and eyes. 

OK, now I get it.  This wasn't a random appearance.  DJ will be starring in a new ABC show called "Boom" this fall, so ABC put him in the audience of this NBA game as sort of a promo.  "Boom" will be about the North Dakota oil boom.  It's being described as an updated version of the TV show "Dallas".

http://deadline.com/2015/03/don-johnson-cast-boom-abc-pilot-1201389055/ 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_and_Oil

Don was not there as 'promo'.

There have been much more moments he already could promote his new series BLOOD & OIL.

Boom - only was the working title.

And there will come up a hell of chances with promoting with the beginning of August 2015.

Then he will be back in the usual 'late shows' up to the moment Blood & Oil airs on Sept. 27 in tv.

There are already now busses to notice around in LA and otherwhere which are printed with the logos and cast images of this series - and just Don is always in middle of center with all these promotions.

He actually was only at this NBA final game to give his son the Bday gift Jasper asked for. 

Jasper is crazy for this sport - fully crazy. It definitely was meant as full private appearance.

What is obvicious with Don's appearance since he is in cast with this new series that they took exactly Don's look like then in MV season 2.

How I mean this?

Season 2 is THE appearance which in all surveys I know always got the biggest thumbsup with his look and acting.

So ... ABC now rides this stallion again.

Don meanwhile loves to wear longer hair and a beard.

No... ABC wanted him to recognize in his current age but with the fine positive traces by then.

A very special sign to me. 

Let's see if it will work again.

In his role as Hap Brigges he will not be the nice guy.

He definitely is the BAD ASS in this role.

So we will get an appearance we are used to but not the 'nice caring guy' we had with Sonny Crockett.

Hopefully it will not become a bad caricature of ''J.R. Ewing'' . . . 

then I am sure it will fail.

Well, if you wanted publicity to a large audience........I'd say that would be one way to do it.

He dressed nicely, and wasn't wearing a team shirt over his nice clothes in case the camera spotted him. ;) 

I am sure... Don NEVER would wear such a team shirt now in his age.

Really... no. :D :D

Edited by bluepearl
  • Like 2