COOP's CROCKETT, SEASON ONE PHOTO OF THE DAY!

COOPER&BURNETT

M.A.G.N.I.F.C.E.N.T ! ! ! 

I really can only hope that members, guests and viewers with this image recognize that they do NOT look at an image they have seen for many times already.

Member... you have not !

This shot ist probably the first shot which got taken with an still imaginary Sonny Crockett during casting 'a' Don Johnson.

If your brain works as crazy than mine you can recognize that there is no eye make up or face make up at all.
Simply placed this actor against a darkblue background, dressed with a shirt one imagined at that moment already and done!

That's the pure Don Johnson who wanted to get this role in any case and fighted for it like mad that day.

As MV finally started to go on its successful way shortly before airing episode one this was the image what agencies got in a rush to promote MV in the very first time in magazines or news papers. (gosh how times have changed, that never would happen anymore in these times now)

Because of that just this image got 'overstressly' used for covers with magazines in the following times because it was laying in all these folders and it was for FREE to the agencies.

So actually it is only available today covered with letters and small advertisements because of the content in the magazines then.

I know, most of you know this image freed by that and it will affect just like that one which is shown here. Only... it is it not.

You have looked or even safed images which went through the edit like for example I do.
With much time freed by all this **** around.
Take a look - this is a shlightly changed further shot suffocating in letters and freed after editing. You see with the date that just this image was used for long even up to 1986.

22282319ay.jpg

Coop, yes you do show us today an image with a real history. :thumbsup: 
I definitely needed to point out the speciality with this image.

Thanks a bunch.  :fireworks:

You stay as special like always with your surprises. 

This original was not in my books. ;)
I only have had those rather good or bad edits with me.

Edited by bluepearl
  • Like 1

Well how about that!!

I didn't know the history of the picture (Looks like I may have flipped the image by mistake according to the magazine photos, but it's easily corrected)

I have lots of rare MIAMI VICE items. This photo was taken on Kodak film.

I'm so glad that you knew about this image, and told it's history to the members. It makes it more fun to know something about it, as it makes it come alive, and makes it more special.

Thanks Bluepearl for the VERY interesting information! Thanks also for taking out the time to post about it!

78869bf7-cb7e-4406-aa41-f4e3dbc2cb19_zps

(This is the flipped version like the magazine version. Did THEY flip it, and was mine originally posted correctly on page one?)

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 1

Coop - YOURS is correctly posted !

There is a sweet pony with what you always can sort if an image with Don is flipped or not.
This sexy strand of hair and the small scar on the scin always has to be found on his LEFT half of face with looking onto an image.

Look that is currently still the same. The strand has to be shown in the left with an image.

22282366gd.jpg

Then with the magazines it will have been a matter of the space they needed for their texts.
Today many images get flipped because of saving the original by this endless and almost mad copying and placing them all over 

as one of their 'owns'.
Simply always this small sign to the 'editor' when his edit got stolen again ;)(we are bad... I know :D ) 

• Like 1

Great information! Now I know what to look for (if his hair isn't slicked back). I also noticed the buttons on his shirt on the first image I posted is correct for a man. It's fun posting something, and having another fan "fill in the gaps" on things I didn't know!

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 1