WONDERFUL CROCKETT & TUBBS PHOTO OF THE DAY!

COOPER&BURNETT

That picture makes me want to be at that bar with them sharing a drink & talking about Miami Vice.

It looks like when they were waiting for Glen Frey in "Smuggler's Blues."- Maybe?

• Like 2

Does anyone, ..anyone have any information on this, and the other photos in this series? (I've already posted some photos from that photoshoot on this site a while ago)

It's not a cut scene from an episode, but the actors were posed for shots, and at times look into the camera. Could it be for a magazine shoot that we have not discovered yet?

I don't know the answer, all I know is it's from the classic 1984 time period.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

185 "likes" on Facebook! Don't miss my other photo from this photoshoot called, YET ANOTHER WONDERFUL CROCKETT & TUBBS PHOTO OF THE DAY!

Click below

http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php/topic/12207-yet-another-wonderful-crockett-tubbs-photo-of-the-day/#entry192067

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 1

This picture (and the other one too!) brings back all the fresh and cool taste of an unrepeatable age. The guys are just perfect.

185 "likes" on Facebook! Don't miss my other photo from this photoshoot called, YET ANOTHER WONDERFUL CROCKETT & TUBBS PHOTO OF THE DAY!

Click below

http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php/topic/12207-yet-another-wonderful-crockett-tubbs-photo-of-the-day/#entry192067

• 2 weeks later...

5 RARE Additional photos!

7494ccc3-d56f-4edf-8ae0-ce8237c03245_zps

8e9a2d9a-d1d9-4164-a5ca-ce9e38a91b67_zps

978c1dbf-0ef6-44b6-8c74-6470d72fb965_zps

67a0519d-12df-4a1e-9901-2423dcaf2137_zps

b1fa6f51-763c-480e-8e40-2d6614ccc6ab_zps

Bonus photo! Notice the band-aid on Don's finger! (I did a whole thread on Don with a cut on his finger!)

f305e41d-3017-41e8-8e68-f6895afd07bf_zps

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

With the exception of the last one, I'd say they were some sort of pre-first season promotional photos for the show featuring just the two of them...   

I want to know what these are from. It's not from the show. It MUST be a photoshoot, or promotion of some sort. It's extremely classic, early MIAMI VICE, but not too early. Makes you wonder why we haven't really seen these photos until now. Why were they not used, and shown all over like most Miami Vice photos were. What other photos are still out there we haven't "Discovered" yet?

Bluepearl, do you know the answer?

You are correct mvnyc, the last one is not part of the group, but just a "bonus" as I didn't know where to post it. I'm wondering if the cut finger was part of the same episode where I posted photos of his cut finger, or if it was just still cut, and needed a bandage in another episode. I believe it's the same finger.

With the exception of the last one, I'd say they were some sort of pre-first season promotional photos for the show featuring just the two of them...   

Certainly makes sense to me.  If only we could see the date on the newspaper. 

Certainly makes sense to me.  If only we could see the date on the newspaper. 

I can help with that. Likely this was a paper from 11/01/1984 thru 11/03/1984. That narrows it down pretty well. Why do I say this. Well there is an article with the headline 20 killed in India violence. This must be relating to the anti-Sikh riots that immediately followed the killing of Indira Gandhi on 10/31/1984. The  riots ran 4 days. There is also a possibility that the paper was from earlier in the year during the trouble in Punjab but I don't remember 20 people killed at one time except after Gandhi's death. So I would say first three days of November, 1984.

• Like 1

So I ran with my theory and did a Google search relating to something else I saw in the paper, "your survival guide to Jacksons concert". They played the Orange Bowl on 11/02/1984 and 11/03/1984. No other Miami dates on that tour. Bam, easy peasey.

• Like 1

I'm sure your info is more accurate than mine C Glide, but I have it as after NO EXIT (Sept. 7 - 19) , and before THE GREAT McCARTHY (Oct. 4-12 1984 ). However, there is no question that the pictures were from 1984.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Bluepearl, do you have any information on any of these photos, like why they were taken?

The Miami News

Date: November 1  1984  
Article: Your Survival Guide To Jacksons Concerts...  
Year: 1984 
CoverCode: PC 
CoverPic: Color 2 3/4"x4" photo of Michael in opening outfit from the Victory Tour  
Note: Michael is featured numerous times throughout the "A" section and a special "Sneak Preview 'C'" section" 

http://www.mjjcollectors.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=1927&category_id=105&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=136

I can't quite read the writing on the plastic cups.  Something like "Flint" and "Tea Breeze"????

The Miami News

Date: November 1  1984  

Article: Your Survival Guide To Jacksons Concerts...  

Year: 1984 

CoverCode: PC 

CoverPic: Color 2 3/4"x4" photo of Michael in opening outfit from the Victory Tour  

Note: Michael is featured numerous times throughout the "A" section and a special "Sneak Preview 'C'" section" 

http://www.mjjcollectors.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=1927&category_id=105&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=136

I can't quite read the writing on the plastic cups.  Something like "Flint" and "Tea Breeze"????

That fits perfectly as with 20 killed. My guess was the first since I believe it was an evening paper. Nice find. I would say that confirms it as they could not been earlier cause the paper would not have existed. Could be a paper that had been around but I doubt it. It was likely the paper on the day of the shoot. Does anyone have the dailies from Little Prince or maybe Give a Little.

BTW, Not 100% sure but it looks like it may have been shot at the Versailles Hotel, 3425 Collins.

Nice find!!!   The windows are a perfect match:  http://binged.it/1S66Zzu  I don't recall any MV scenes filmed there, so that makes this most likely a separate promo shoot rather than something filmed during an episode.

Great photo that confirms what we already figured out but the additional clue in this picture is seeing the headline; The Final Hours Of Indira G...

• Like 1