Most underrated songs used on MV!

Vincent Hanna

I was watching Bought and Paid for and I completely forgot this awesome Fleetwood Mac song was even in it. Very atmospheric.

What are some of your favourites that are not as well known..?

• Like 2

Yeh love the ending of Evan with Biko.

Here's another one from Bought and Paid for that's sad as hell. I think it was written specifically for the show too.

• Like 3

The opening of Yankee Dollar..This is might be my favourite pre-title teaser in the whole series. 

• Like 3

I'm not sure if the song is underrated, but its appearance is somewhat incidental, serving as background music at Margaret's exhibition (which is probably the best venue to play it).

• Like 2

Yes!! awesome track. I remember hearing it and didn't even know it was a Bryan Ferry song until I looked it up. It's got that weird 80s sensual vibe to it. Great track selection since it does sound like something that would play in an art exhibition.

--

I'm not a big fan of this episode but the music is kinda catchy..

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Outstanding song and performance.

Few people know this gem's been written by Mr. Mister/Pages members Richard Page, John Lang & Steve George. Some among the finest (and underrated) songwriters ever.

Great choice, pal.

Really beautiful song. Yes it was written for the show and - for what I know - never released.

Here's another one from Bought and Paid for that's sad as hell. I think it was written specifically for the show too.

• Like 1

• Administrators

I watched Bought and Paid For last night. It's a great song and I looked it up. It sucks that it was never actually released. :(

• Like 3

I wouldn't call "Biko" underrated, since it is mentioned quite often as a musical highlight from the show. How about "New Love" from "Nobody Lives Forever"? Crockett relaxing on that sailboat goes so well with the music. He seems so at peace and content. Just the way new love makes you feel. I always see that image whenever I listen to the song (from the same Glenn Frey album that had "Smuggler's Blues").

Biko has been quite a hit back then. This one is an even better song, also featured on the show. Jerry Marotta on drums and Stewart Copeland on hi-hats.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

"Order of Death" by Public Image Ltd.  It absolutely makes the final scene in "Little Miss Dangerous" with Tubbs tied to the bed and Crockett screaming across town in the Ferrari to get to him in time...

"This is what you want, this is what you get..." over and over again through the whole song...!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8Ne9sRcSrM

Edited by FerrariDaytonaSpyder
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately never released.

http://dai.ly/x2l4uw2 

"Today's a Beginning" song

'You're standing alone now

You try to make sense

Of all of the pressure

You come up against

There is no turning back now

The choice has been made

There is no backing down

and no running away

Today's a beginning

so far away from my yesterdays dreaming

Today's a beginning

Looking ahead to the light of tomorrow

Today'

Instead of using dialog in the end scene to explain what Gina is going through emotionally, the music and lyrics fit in perfectly.

Edited by summer84
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/15/2016 at 6:24 PM, FerrariDaytonaSpyder said:

"Order of Death" by Public Image Ltd.  It absolutely makes the final scene in "Little Miss Dangerous" with Tubbs tied to the bed and Crockett screaming across town in the Ferrari to get to him in time...

"This is what you want, this is what you get..." over and over again through the whole song...!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8Ne9sRcSrM

Ah, you beat me to it.  I love this song in this episode.  It's hypnotic, almost like reciting a mantra. 

I also have got to recognize "Par Avion", like some else already did.  It's a great song by itself and a perfect fit for this episode.  

• Like 2