Most underrated songs used on MV!

Vincent Hanna

I just checked....that's the Fabrique album with some bonus versions (such as original 12" b-sides). "You only left your picture" has a Reggae Reprise version on there:

I have the Twilight of Idols album on vinyl. :o)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

"Pick it up and put it in your pocket" from Stan Ridgway (of Wall of Voodoo fame). It featured in Phil the Shill and certainly was a good pick! (no pun intended). Unfortuantely the song played rather briefly and was edited really strangely - leaving the best parts out (that really bothers me because they didn't really do that with other songs from what I can tell). Then again, "best parts" is subjective right. For instance, I really don't like that cheesy fiddle type ending very much and I don't think it fits that well into MV but maybe they figured it did for Phil's character. Either way, I don't think the song can be appreciated enough just from that episode.So here it is in full length hopefully to your enjoyment. :o)
(p.s. The song is from Stan's 1986 debut solo album "The big heat" which has a lot of cool songs that actually could have played on MV too. )

Edited by Den Taylor
  • Like 2

On 7/13/2016 at 4:20 PM, ivoryjones said:

This one is not by all means my all-time favorite, but I like it, and it's forgotten nowadays. An unforgettable scene, in which we find our guys reaching a new level of friendship!

Fashion - You Only Left Your Picture

Great topic. Excellent song! I play this all the time. I love the entire album (their song "Eye Talk" was a small radio hot here in Southern California when it was released. 

As used in Vice, is perfect. I love how the camera is set up for the establishing shot of Rico with his date for the moment. And the way he pokes the champagne...wtf?! All while this song is playing in a full on '80s club scene. Perfect. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Den Taylor said:

"Pick it up and put it in your pocket" from Stan Ridgway (of Wall of Voodoo fame). It featured in Phil the Shill and certainly was a good pick! (no pun intended). Unfortuantely the song played rather briefly and was edited really strangely - leaving the best parts out (that really bothers me because they didn't really do that with other songs from what I can tell). Then again, "best parts" is subjective right. For instance, I really don't like that cheesy fiddle type ending very much and I don't think it fits that well into MV but maybe they figured it did for Phil's character. Either way, I don't think the song can be appreciated enough just from that episode.So here it is in full length hopefully to your enjoyment. :o)
(p.s. The song is from Stan's 1986 debut solo album "The big heat" which has a lot of cool songs that actually could have played on MV too. )

Doesn't this album also have "Camoflage?" 

This is so moving to me. Knowing the story of their relationship...man, this kills me every time.

Great thread! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OCBman said:

This is so moving to me. Knowing the story of their relationship...man, this kills me every time.

Great thread! 

Such a great song!

• 4 weeks later...
Am 12.4.2017 um 08:16 schrieb CharlieGlide:

Doesn't this album also have "Camoflage?" 

Yes it does. Its spelled "Camouflage" though. Probably Stan's biggest hit.