The General Lee Is Under fire

Kavinsky

When I open the paper, or look online, there's a new debate about the rebel battle flag every day. One was about how someone who owns a General Lee car like in the TV show THE DUKES OF HAZZARD, is going to paint over the flag on the roof of the car. Really?  Also, a Cable network (TV LAND, I think) is removing the show THE DUKES OF HAZZARD from it's TV line up. Really? 

Yes I read the same news.  I especially rolled my eyes when I read the Dukes would not be shown anymore.  I suppose that also means any Civil War documentary or movie cannot be shown?

I was thinking about this recently and I think another issue is to be brought up and this is more directed at companies like Walmart and Viacom (who own TV Land) going nuts like this. It seems like these companies simply don't know how to respond the social media and understand that a bunch of people commenting on social media is not as damaging as they think it is. Chances are the majority of Americans were still going to shop at Walmart regardless of what flag was sold in store, most Americans don't really care about things like that because they have their lives to attend to. The few that might've complain (if they actually did as a lot of times this is companies being rash) are social media activists and chances are would never have shopped at Walmart to begin with. I also find it disturbing if someone was actually thinking about The Dukes of Hazzard after a tragedy like this and this really paints a nasty picture of the people who run companies like Viacom "People are dead, how can this affect our bottom line?"

This also reminds me of what happened to Gold's Gym after those photos of the psycho who did the shooting was released. A bunch of idiots on Twitter were tweeting Gold's Gym saying stuff like "What you condone racism now??!" "You condone violence, why ain't you doing something?!!". That was probably a handful of Twit-ters and they were probably all in the same five mile radius of Idaho or somewhere but Gold's Gym in a panic started to respond to them to try and calm them down. While I think social media has done a lot of good bringing people together like we've done on this site especially if you're like me who lives in a fairly remote area, has what would be considered obscure interests and doesn't have a lot of friends, as well as making it harder for bad things in the world to happen without somebody noticing but the downside is of course everyone has a megaphone and these large, decades old corporations have yet learn the in's and out's of social media so we wind up with stories like this.

Edited by agent 47
  • Like 1

I hear the owner of the general lee is going to paint over the flag a shame I think leave it on who is it going to hurt .You want to ban the flag then fine or whatever but leave it on the general lee

oh good god, you know people just think and read too much into things nowadays, I mean there so worried about fucking offending anyone that they might as well take their balls off and send them in to the executioners to be killed along with their dignity and self respect

I swear, Political Corectness is not correct, its control, and I hope someone puts that on a bumper sticker on the general some day.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Poor General Lee ...after 35+ years of never meanin' no harm lol I've been worikng on a funny Hitler Rants video I'll have to share if it's OK. I trust most everyone has seen one of those parody's made funnier because the Swiss actor Bruno Gantz is a dead ringer for what Hitler looked like and delivers a fantastic performance. I don't know who got the brilliant idea in the first place. I wouldn't do one if wasn't good so it'll be worth sharing. I'm also taking the time to show the original subs above mine as 'Part II'. Something I'm not sure anyone has ever done. I didn't see the real subs prior to doing mine. I actually had no clue what they were saying. And I took German in High School lol I even added my 1980 Dukes of Hazzard comic from Bananas scholastic magazine I got in a reading club in a Catholic grade school. It also featured a Q&A 'Bo Derek Answers your Questions' because the cover tied 'Bo' Derek's name to 'Bo' Duke lol It will definitely be entertaining :

Edited by Miami Vice 1984