My dream Miami Vice video game for PS4/ Xbox One.

Detective_Crockett

Hi all this thread will be very long, but this has been a dream idea of mine for quite a while...and where better place to post it? Anyone who has played the video game L.A. Noire might know what I'm getting at here...

All the original cast return to motion cap the younger versions of themselves, and the voices.. So Don Johnson, Phillip Michael Thomas, EJO, John Diehl, Michael Talbot, Olivia Brown, Saundra Santiago..and every other original cast member..

Right, so basically the first act is the Prologue, you play as Crockett in Vietnam in the last moments and we also see Ira Stone, and the Colonel in this part..it all ties with later on in the game, in Nam you fight the last of the NVA in Hanoi, with Ira at your side taking pictures, and him getting injured, and the last scene is the scene we see just before the episode in Season 2.. (Back in the World) then after the prologue it cuts to 1984, you are in the OCB briefing room with Crockett, Rodriguez and Eddie Rivera, and Swi and Zito, and the girls... Crockett and Eddie are briefed with the objective to meet Corky Fowler at the Carlyle Hotel in the morning, on Ocean Drive, after that you and Ed walk together out of OCB, and Crockett being himself as he walks talks to the girls and his boss with smart talk and comebacks..and the pair hop into the Daytona..Whilst playing as Sonny you have the option to light a Lucky..if you want to, and they drive there and wait..

And then..cut to New York.. (Couple of nights ago) You are playing as Rico

Tubbs, he and his brother are in a New York coffee house talking about Calderone and the deal going down later (which is when Richard is killed by Calderone, and then the next level is the opening scene of the pilot..and then cut back to Miami..Crockett is waiting outside the Carlyle (like the opening scene) talking with Ed..and the events of the pilot all go down..and the game continues on..Sonny and Rico partners, the whole story plays out..like the series.. It is an open world game completely in the world of Miami in 1984 -89 depending on which years you have progressed into as the Seasons go along, you have the choice to play as either Sonny or Rico (which you can change during gameplay) and you receive your briefings in OCB office with Castillo, and in some cases bring Swi and Zito or Trudy and Gina along with you, cars are your own choice..Crockett has the Daytona assigned to him for the first half of the game (you can commandeer any other vehicle on the streets) later on in the game you switch to the Testarossa.. Clothing, you can customise Crockett's clothing and wear the iconic suits he wore throughout the series..its your choice! Same goes for Tubbs, you can change their hair to any of their Seasons look, or add Tubbs beard on! Tubbs is also assigned his Cadillac..

You can play as Crockett and Tubbs seperately..whatever you want them to do yours for the taking.

Prodigal Son will be a playable episode as well..plus free roam in NYC as Crockett..

The music? Every song that was used in the original series that includes Jan Hammers score.. Jan's score will always be background music or scene music and free roam too, you wanna drive the Daytona down ocean drive as Sonny with Crockett's Theme in the backround? It can be done..and the licensed music will play in scenes and shootouts and on the car radio.. Whilst on a case you with Tubbs go to the crime scene and deduce clues and link it to whoever could have done it, (yes you will be able to link it to Calderone ;) and play as Crockett in Calderone's death scene) and pursue leads (like L.A. Noire)

Also you may drive boats as part of the story and free roam..and travel to the Bahama's..

Again, like L.A. Noire at crime scenes you question witnesses and when they answer you can choose if they telling the truth, doubt their answer, or if they are lying..and as part of the Undercover assignments you will be tasked to go to parties or meets or bars, and you can mingle or as Sonny grab a quick shot of Black Jack, and when you have arrested a suspect you bring them in for questioning and hold interviewes as Sonny and Rico (in the interrogation room) and again truth, doubt or lie..if they are your suspect you can book em' slap the cuffs on them or go to a location they tell you.. *cue Jan Hammer music whilst walking out as Sonny and grabbing your sport coat*

AND BREATHE!

Do you guys like this idea? Got anything else you want to add to it? Feel free guys! As I said its been a great dream of mine for a while.

If you read this far you are awesome. xD

Hi all this thread will be very long, but this has been a dream idea of mine for quite a while...and where better place to post it? Anyone who has played the video game L.A. Noire might know what I'm getting at here...

All the original cast return to motion cap the younger versions of themselves, and the voices.. So Don Johnson, Phillip Michael Thomas, EJO, John Diehl, Michael Talbot, Olivia Brown, Saundra Santiago..and every other original cast member..

Right, so basically the first act is the Prologue, you play as Crockett in Vietnam in the last moments and we also see Ira Stone, and the Colonel in this part..it all ties with later on in the game, in Nam you fight the last of the NVA in Hanoi, with Ira at your side taking pictures, and him getting injured, and the last scene is the scene we see just before the episode in Season 2.. (Back in the World) then after the prologue it cuts to 1984, you are in the OCB briefing room with Crockett, Rodriguez and Eddie Rivera, and Swi and Zito, and the girls... Crockett and Eddie are briefed with the objective to meet Corky Fowler at the Carlyle Hotel in the morning, on Ocean Drive, after that you and Ed walk together out of OCB, and Crockett being himself as he walks talks to the girls and his boss with smart talk and comebacks..and the pair hop into the Daytona..Whilst playing as Sonny you have the option to light a Lucky..if you want to, and they drive there and wait..

And then..cut to New York.. (Couple of nights ago) You are playing as Rico

Tubbs, he and his brother are in a New York coffee house talking about Calderone and the deal going down later (which is when Richard is killed by Calderone, and then the next level is the opening scene of the pilot..and then cut back to Miami..Crockett is waiting outside the Carlyle (like the opening scene) talking with Ed..and the events of the pilot all go down..and the game continues on..Sonny and Rico partners, the whole story plays out..like the series.. It is an open world game completely in the world of Miami in 1984 -89 depending on which years you have progressed into as the Seasons go along, you have the choice to play as either Sonny or Rico (which you can change during gameplay) and you receive your briefings in OCB office with Castillo, and in some cases bring Swi and Zito or Trudy and Gina along with you, cars are your own choice..Crockett has the Daytona assigned to him for the first half of the game (you can commandeer any other vehicle on the streets) later on in the game you switch to the Testarossa.. Clothing, you can customise Crockett's clothing and wear the iconic suits he wore throughout the series..its your choice! Same goes for Tubbs, you can change their hair to any of their Seasons look, or add Tubbs beard on! Tubbs is also assigned his Cadillac..

You can play as Crockett and Tubbs seperately..whatever you want them to do yours for the taking.

Prodigal Son will be a playable episode as well..plus free roam in NYC as Crockett..

The music? Every song that was used in the original series that includes Jan Hammers score.. Jan's score will always be background music or scene music and free roam too, you wanna drive the Daytona down ocean drive as Sonny with Crockett's Theme in the backround? It can be done..and the licensed music will play in scenes and shootouts and on the car radio.. Whilst on a case you with Tubbs go to the crime scene and deduce clues and link it to whoever could have done it, (yes you will be able to link it to Calderone ;) and play as Crockett in Calderone's death scene) and pursue leads (like L.A. Noire)

Also you may drive boats as part of the story and free roam..and travel to the Bahama's..

AND BREATHE!

Do you guys like this idea? Got anything else you want to add to it? Feel free guys! As I said its been a great dream of mine for a while.

If you read this far you are awesome. xD

Edited by Detective_Crockett
  • Like 2

• Administrators

I've honestly had the same (or similar) idea. The MV game on'PS2 is a joke, it's just horrible. So it'll be amazing if someone like Rockstar Games could make a proper game for it, give the series what it deserves.

They made a video game for The Warriors about a decade ago, but those were times where we saw a lot of movies and TV shows become video games. Scarface, The Godfather, Resivour Dogs, Starsky & Hutch. I miss those days. :)

So why not? Why don't Rockstar create a video game for the TV series and man which the inspiration for everything they create comes from? It could be a Noire sequel or something.

Then we can cruise around Miami in 1984 whilst listening to In The Air Tonight. :)

• Like 2

I've honestly had the same (or similar) idea. The MV game on'PS2 is a joke, it's just horrible. So it'll be amazing if someone like Rockstar Games could make a proper game for it, give the series what it deserves.

They made a video game for The Warriors about a decade ago, but those were times where we saw a lot of movies and TV shows become video games. Scarface, The Godfather, Resivour Dogs, Starsky & Hutch. I miss those days. :)

So why not? Why don't Rockstar create a video game for the TV series and man which the inspiration for everything they create comes from? It could be a Noire sequel or something.

Then we can cruise around Miami in 1984 whilst listening to In The Air Tonight. :)

The Warriors was an amazing game which I still play through once a year!

• Like 1

• Administrators

I never completed the Scarface game. I'm stuck on level "SCARFAC", and I have to spend A LOT of time smuggling coke to make the cash to buy stuff for respect to unlock more missions. So I have kind of given up on it. :(

But The Godfather was a great game also. Even my Dad was playing it. xD

The ideas Detective_Crockett and I came up with on Facebook earlier for this Miami Vice game, including a online Co-op mode. One player is Crockett and the other is Tubbs. Maybe even have extra players as Switek and Zito on surveillance. Struck gold. :) Well, that was my idea.

Any game developers on this site? Lol

• Like 1

Also Scarface is my favourite game of all-time.

I got two games I love and play them time to time when I'm in the Vice mood.its Scarface and GTA:Vice City.pure 80s all the way.

• Like 1

MORE IDEAS! (And yes me and James came up with amazing idea's on Facebook this morning we feel as if this could catch on.) 

Optional first person view when playing as Sonny and Rico... in shootouts and music scenes...you can buy Sonny some Lucky Strike cigarettes and Rico some things as well, whatever you want them to..

Castillo will join you on some cases...especially in the level with General Lau Li...

Flashbacks to Sonny's past in Vietnam (the Prologue in general is that) 

Flashbacks to Rico's past as a young Bronx Detective and adventures with his brother)

Playable missions as Castillo.

Sometimes on cases to help you, you get information from Izzy or the Noogman.. and also in playable Seasons, you can make Crockett and Rico look like whatever you want.. for example, you can continue Season 3 as it did with Neon Colours and Sonny's short hair...or you can keep it as the original Season 1-2 Vibe, as I said haircuts, clothing, and personal grooming is up to the player.

The endings...well, the endings will depend all on YOU! and how you progress on solving cases and how many people you arrest.

Good ending: Sonny and Rico quit the force and part ways like in the original ending. 

Average ending: Sonny and Rico decide to stay on the force despite corruption, they can flush it out themselves right?

Bad ending: Tubbs dies, Sonny lives...and moves away.

Awful ending: Sonny and Rico are killed by Bakers men in the final stand off. 

CHOICES DURING GAMEPLAY: 

Sonny can decide to kill or arrest Hackman. 

Shoot or try to arrest a suspect.

STREET CRIMES: 

During free roam there will be street crimes to solve which are completely optional... you can stop a drug deal from happening on Ocean Beach, and it could turn into a shootout.

Houses and safehouses:

ST Vitus Dance: Sonny can visit there anytime he wishes, and it is his general place of sleep, also keeping him company...Elvis and sometimes a surprise visit from Gina, Tubbs can choose to visit there to have a beer with Sonny or chill out. 

OCB: For Sonny and Rico, this is where they will be briefed on cases and sitting down at your desk and grabbing a pencil prompts you to start a case. 

Rico's pad (Did we ever have any idea where he lived during the series? ) Rico's house for himself and for Sonny to visit,

And much much more places!

I love jotting down all these idea's :)

Edited by Detective_Crockett
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I love the ideas you guys have. I still play Vice City and Scarface, and I am hoping that the next GTA is set in Vice City. I wish they would remake or at least remaster Scarface from its PS2 port to the modern consoles. 

• Like 1

Great ideas in this thread! I am not a big "gamer", but on rare occasion I go all in. I used to joke that GTA Vice City taught me how to get around Miami before my first visit there. I just finished GTA 5, and if Rockstar Games could use that as a model to create a full Miami Vice game, I might not leave the house for weeks.  

Some great ideas, don't know if they'd ever make one though =(

BUT, The last two grand theft auto games returned to New York and LA so the next Grand theft auto game might be set back in Vice City so we could get some 80s groove on PS4 after all, which i'm sure they'd add more Miami Vice and Scarface references. :cool:

I have to say Detective_Crockett this is a really well-thought out game idea you have and would be something well worth playing. I like the customizations such as being able to keep the same style clothings from Season 1 and 2 throughout the whole game. I imagine though the changing of time from 1984 thru 1989 would have a great impact on the game's atmosphere. It would really give the game a feeling of growth to see the world around you grow darker as the story progresses and enemies become more dangerous and lethal. Imagine how it would affect the random encounters you have driving around Miami like for instance suppose you get to Season Three and when the Viking Bikers from Hell chapter rolls around you have increased activity from well-armed bikers or when Mosca is at large random dead bodies suddenly start showing up on the map and as a side-quest you get to see how they link back to Mosca while mafiosos make their presence on the street known and will even try to stop you from your investigation one way or the other. Miami Vice does seem to have almost limitless potential for making a sprawling, epic videogame.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Very well layed out ideas for an actual Miami Vice game Detective_Crockett and agent 47.  I love Vice City and Vice City Stories but its stiIl not the same. What slightly bugs me about both of these games is that you cant drive a black Daytona or as its named in-game Stinger.

Now I never have played the old Miami Vice game, but I do know it was whipped up by the same dev company who made the not so exciting Knight Rider games. Think it was named Davilex. Needless to say neither of series were done justice by such lousy games.

Also it would be interesting to finaly find out where Tubbs lives.  I like to think that he lives in a hotel suite, like the 3rd safe house you get in Vice City Stories. Of course he would have to move into a different hotel every now and then to fully maintain his cover as an out of town big money buyer.