Who introduced you to Miami Vice?

Bilders

I was 3 when Vice aired and it was always on in my household. However, I don't really remember it until season 4.

rewatching the series I'm now aware of how much it influenced my aesthetic- neon & darkness and how it played into my absolute love of Miami - a city that's been a love/hate relationship from when I was a boy to now.

with the death of one of my favorite actors : Bill Paxton I dv-r'd 'Streetwise' & was hooked.

Today I strongly indentify with the Tubbs character.

Edited by Boca Raton

i hesitated to answer that topic, but i'm gonna answer. who introduced me to Miami vice, Miami. it's a bit weird answer but i think it's the truth. if i hadn't gone to that city in the 80s, i think my relationship with that series wouldn't be the same

• Like 1

Sometime in late 2011, I was on YouTube watching a clip of one of my favorite Bond films, Licence To Kill. Someone left a comment saying "This movie is more Miami Vice than Bond. Thats a good thing". I decided to check the series out as it was airing on Centric at the time. They were just about to show the Pilot again and the rest is history. Whoever the hell that YouTube user was, thanks man.

:cool:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Remington said:

Sometime in late 2011, I was on YouTube watching a clip of one of my favorite Bond films, Licence To Kill. Someone left a comment saying "This movie is more Miami Vice than Bond. Thats a good thing". I decided to check the series out as it was airing on Centric at the time. They were just about to show the Pilot again and the rest is history. Whoever the hell that YouTube user was, thanks man.

:cool:

I wonder if that comment was written by @Detective_Crockett because he said the exact same thing to me on Facebook. :) 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I was 11 years old in 1984. My father and mother were divorced for about 5 years and my father would pick me up for visitation every other weekend. Unlike my mother, my Dad would let me stay up late on the Friday nights, but he picked what to watch on TV. That's where I was introduced to Miami Vice.

My father would rave about how good the show was, and my young mind would agree with him. The fact I saw him every other Friday meant I only watched roughly half of Season One back in 1984.  My most vivid memories were of the episodes Calderone's Demise and Evan.  My father was just sooooo impressed with how Calderone died partially in the pool, and the last shot of Tubbs placing his hand on Crockett's shoulder, as Sonny cradled Evan. "Tubbs was keeping his distance but still being there for Crockett" my Dad would tell me.

My father died a couple years ago. He was ill for a long time. I was happy I was able to take him to see the Miami Vice movie (I just wish it was better.) But when the movie opened, NBC re-aired the original television pilot, hosted by Jamie Foxx and Colin Farrell and my father truly enjoyed seeing "Brother's Keeper" again. Rewatching anything on DVD was never stubbornly his bag, so I was really happy it aired again.

Good, good memories. 

Edited by ComplimentsofMrCalderone
  • Like 6

9 hours ago, ComplimentsofMrCalderone said:

I was 11 years old in 1984. My father and mother were divorced for about 5 years and my father would pick me up for visitation every other weekend. Unlike my mother, my Dad would let me stay up late on the Friday nights, but he picked what to watch on TV. That's where I was introduced to Miami Vice.

My father would rave about how good the show was, and my young mind would agree with him. The fact I saw him every other Friday meant I only watched roughly half of Season One back in 1984.  My most vivid memories were of the episodes Calderone's Demise and Evan.  My father was just sooooo impressed with how Calderone died partially in the pool, and the last shot of Tubbs placing his hand on Crockett's shoulder, as Sonny cradled Evan. "Tubbs was keeping his distance but still being there for Crockett" my Dad would tell me.

My father died a couple years ago. He was ill for a long time. I was happy I was able to take him to see the Miami Vice movie (I just wish it was better.) But when the movie opened, NBC re-aired the original television pilot, hosted by Jamie Foxx and Colin Farrell and my father truly enjoyed seeing "Brother's Keeper" again. Rewatching anything on DVD was never stubbornly his bag, so I was really happy it aired again.

Good, good memories. 

I'm sorry about your father's passing, but you are right......you have many happy memories! :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Tony D. said:

I'm sorry about your father's passing, but you are right......you have many happy memories! :thumbsup:

I’m sorry too - but as Tony says many happy memories to focus on :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

It was about 199(?), and I watched Walker, the Texas ranger. I was teenager. And my mom told me that at night they watch some cooler thing. So I knew MV:) I love it forever

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

there was Miami vice on our national tv before war in Yugoslavia--80 s golden era

my father RIP and i i watched that

standard was good,i always remember when Calerone get shot episode

i watched that after 30 years again,i must write best tv show ever together with Tales from the crypt

Edited by Nenad Stakic