Bilders

Who introduced you to Miami Vice?

Recommended Posts

Boca Raton

I was 3 when Vice aired and it was always on in my household. However, I don't really remember it until season 4.

rewatching the series I'm now aware of how much it influenced my aesthetic- neon & darkness and how it played into my absolute love of Miami - a city that's been a love/hate relationship from when I was a boy to now.

with the death of one of my favorite actors : Bill Paxton I dv-r'd 'Streetwise' & was hooked.

Today I strongly indentify with the Tubbs character.

Edited by Boca Raton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jpm1

 i hesitated to answer that topic, but i'm gonna answer. who introduced me to Miami vice, Miami. it's a bit weird answer but i think it's the truth. if i hadn't gone to that city in the 80s, i think my relationship with that series wouldn't be the same

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Remington

Sometime in late 2011, I was on YouTube watching a clip of one of my favorite Bond films, Licence To Kill. Someone left a comment saying "This movie is more Miami Vice than Bond. Thats a good thing". I decided to check the series out as it was airing on Centric at the time. They were just about to show the Pilot again and the rest is history. Whoever the hell that YouTube user was, thanks man.

:cool:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James
8 hours ago, Remington said:

Sometime in late 2011, I was on YouTube watching a clip of one of my favorite Bond films, Licence To Kill. Someone left a comment saying "This movie is more Miami Vice than Bond. Thats a good thing". I decided to check the series out as it was airing on Centric at the time. They were just about to show the Pilot again and the rest is history. Whoever the hell that YouTube user was, thanks man.

:cool:

I wonder if that comment was written by @Detective_Crockett because he said the exact same thing to me on Facebook. :) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Detective_Crockett
On 26/09/2017 at 3:42 AM, James said:

I wonder if that comment was written by @Detective_Crockett because he said the exact same thing to me on Facebook. :) 

Remington.. that was me.. O.o 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ComplimentsofMrCalderone

I was 11 years old in 1984. My father and mother were divorced for about 5 years and my father would pick me up for visitation every other weekend. Unlike my mother, my Dad would let me stay up late on the Friday nights, but he picked what to watch on TV. That's where I was introduced to Miami Vice.

My father would rave about how good the show was, and my young mind would agree with him. The fact I saw him every other Friday meant I only watched roughly half of Season One back in 1984.  My most vivid memories were of the episodes Calderone's Demise and Evan.  My father was just sooooo impressed with how Calderone died partially in the pool, and the last shot of Tubbs placing his hand on Crockett's shoulder, as Sonny cradled Evan. "Tubbs was keeping his distance but still being there for Crockett" my Dad would tell me.

My father died a couple years ago. He was ill for a long time. I was happy I was able to take him to see the Miami Vice movie (I just wish it was better.) But when the movie opened, NBC re-aired the original television pilot, hosted by Jamie Foxx and Colin Farrell and my father truly enjoyed seeing "Brother's Keeper" again. Rewatching anything on DVD was never stubbornly his bag, so I was really happy it aired again.

Good, good memories. 

Edited by ComplimentsofMrCalderone
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tony D.
9 hours ago, ComplimentsofMrCalderone said:

I was 11 years old in 1984. My father and mother were divorced for about 5 years and my father would pick me up for visitation every other weekend. Unlike my mother, my Dad would let me stay up late on the Friday nights, but he picked what to watch on TV. That's where I was introduced to Miami Vice.

My father would rave about how good the show was, and my young mind would agree with him. The fact I saw him every other Friday meant I only watched roughly half of Season One back in 1984.  My most vivid memories were of the episodes Calderone's Demise and Evan.  My father was just sooooo impressed with how Calderone died partially in the pool, and the last shot of Tubbs placing his hand on Crockett's shoulder, as Sonny cradled Evan. "Tubbs was keeping his distance but still being there for Crockett" my Dad would tell me.

My father died a couple years ago. He was ill for a long time. I was happy I was able to take him to see the Miami Vice movie (I just wish it was better.) But when the movie opened, NBC re-aired the original television pilot, hosted by Jamie Foxx and Colin Farrell and my father truly enjoyed seeing "Brother's Keeper" again. Rewatching anything on DVD was never stubbornly his bag, so I was really happy it aired again.

Good, good memories. 

I'm sorry about your father's passing, but you are right......you have many happy memories! :thumbsup:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt5
7 hours ago, Tony D. said:

I'm sorry about your father's passing, but you are right......you have many happy memories! :thumbsup:

I’m sorry too - but as Tony says many happy memories to focus on :thumbsup:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ComplimentsofMrCalderone

Thanks guys. Hopefully he is driving a Ferrari in heaven right now. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sea-light

It was about 199(?), and I watched Walker, the Texas ranger. I was teenager. And my mom told me that at night they watch some cooler thing. So I knew MV:) I love it forever

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nenad Stakic

there was Miami vice on our national tv before war in Yugoslavia--80 s golden era

my father RIP and i i watched that

standard was good,i always remember when Calerone get shot episode

 

i watched that after 30 years again,i must write best tv show ever together with Tales from the crypt

Edited by Nenad Stakic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now