Looking for Zenith wire wheels 15x8

Guest C.T.

Need help, big time. I need a set of Zenith's or Dayton's. 72 spoke, cross laced, 15" dia and 8" width, 'special' offset. These are apparently very rare.

I originally thought I had a set but got a bit burnt by the seller so only have 2 now.

These are the one's I have:

107pc06.jpg

If anyone has another 2 matching or ideally a set of 4 with intact chrome, I'll make you a fair offer. Or any leads as to where to get some would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by C.T.

Thanks JN. I already have a set of spinners and hub adaptors. Mine are the slanted ones, which aren't entirely screen accurate, but I actually prefer the look of them.

Just spoke to Charlie at Wire Wheel King in California who are the successors to Zenith and they are checking on whether they have the bits to make me a set on the original tooling.

• 4 months later...

I know of an old race car driver from the 60's who has a wheel shop in Florida with some amazing stuff on his shelves.

I asked him for a very rare 6 bolt pattern aluminum wheel for my boat trailer and he had it in stock. He also has 4" Weldwheeels for my buddies drag car original in the box from the sixties!!!

Try him... bobbyjohnsent@aol.com

Bobby Johns Enterprises - 305-591-2540/305-591-3209, FAX-305-477-4248

4789 N W 72nd Ave, Miami, FL, 33166

Good luck and I hope he can help you. He has an amazing warehouse full of treasures!

Which Dayton wheels are most accurate to the 'Vice car?

72 spoke Zenith wires with straight ear knock offs spinners (3 ear type).  Gold insert with pouncing eagle.  Daytons look almost identical, but the show car had Zenith.  Zenith are very hard to find, and almost impossible to find with the correct insert in the spinner.

• Like 1

I know of an old race car driver from the 60's who has a wheel shop in Florida with some amazing stuff on his shelves.

I asked him for a very rare 6 bolt pattern aluminum wheel for my boat trailer and he had it in stock. He also has 4" Weldwheeels for my buddies drag car original in the box from the sixties!!!

Try him... bobbyjohnsent@aol.com

Bobby Johns Enterprises - 305-591-2540/305-591-3209, FAX-305-477-4248

4789 N W 72nd Ave, Miami, FL, 33166

Good luck and I hope he can help you. He has an amazing warehouse full of treasures!

ask him if he's got a momo veloce while your at it, maybe that's where the show car got it in the first place!

Voilà, gold insert pouncing eagle: http://www.ebay.com/itm/DAYTON-ZENITH-WIRE-WHEEL-RIM-LOGO-EMBLEMS-2-1-4-QUARTER-INCH-DECALS-STICKERS-/291635276071?hash=item43e6d12927:g:sOIAAOSw9N1Vy8Sp&vxp=mtr

Maybe, this seller can help you to find a set of the Zenith 72 spoke whire wheels.

Unfortunately only 14x6: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Zenith-Wire-Wheels-14x6-set-of-4-knockoff-ford-bolt-pattern-/321922483913?hash=item4af41346c9:g:s8MAAOSw4HVWEv~D&vxp=mtr (and fit Ford  ;(  )

I'm not sure, but this DaytonWheels will be most accurate to the Zeniths you're searching for: http://www.daytonwirewheels.com/wheels/ko-cross-wl.php

Edited by Pritt

Voilà, gold insert pouncing eagle: http://www.ebay.com/itm/DAYTON-ZENITH-WIRE-WHEEL-RIM-LOGO-EMBLEMS-2-1-4-QUARTER-INCH-DECALS-STICKERS-/291635276071?hash=item43e6d12927:g:sOIAAOSw9N1Vy8Sp&vxp=mtr

Those are actually generic inserts. The original Zeniths are pressed aluminum and are much more expensive. They say "Zenith Wire Wheels, Campbell, California"

But those work very well, since the real deal are very hard to find.

• 2 weeks later...

just thought I add to this with this, as he does explain the offspacing and backspacing thing, although he gets it backwards at the same time too lol

as i really didnt understand it that well.

Maybe, this seller can help you to find a set of the Zenith 72 spoke whire wheels.

Unfortunately only 14x6: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Zenith-Wire-Wheels-14x6-set-of-4-knockoff-ford-bolt-pattern-/321922483913?hash=item4af41346c9:g:s8MAAOSw4HVWEv~D&vxp=mtr (and fit Ford  ;(  )

I'm not sure, but this DaytonWheels will be most accurate to the Zeniths you're searching for: http://www.daytonwirewheels.com/wheels/ko-cross-wl.php

What is the correct size for the wheel emblems, for the spinners?   is it the 2.25 inch??? I see there are a bunch of different sizes....

Is it just me, or does that Demon seem to have excessive camber on the fronts with those new wheels?

I don't know how that steering geometry works for him, but it looked all out of whack?

Yeah he's got abit of negative camber going on with it, which apparently helps with steering feel, sometimes to quite an unusual extent apparently

although it looks like someone broke the shock tower.

Yeh...reminds me of the old Dodges of Ontario after a few winters when the torsion bars break and the wheels are tucked up into the fenders :)

Not a fan of those wheels either. Could he not splurge more than 60 bucks per wheel for such a classic car?

Yeah next time on Monster Garage, I fix my broken front end! how I missed that I'll never know!

with the rims I dont know I do like the black on bright green look, as matt silver looks to be too much for a car with that type of paint for me

like a black stripe, and black rims would go far on that car. also does anyone else remember Mopar Muscles Project Valiant? I wonder what ever happened to that car and the 68 Charger that had a viper V10 in it from the 98 issue'

but it does kinda look like someone found four spare tire rims, repainted them and then put an inconsistent red stripe around or on them.

and then just went with it, and maybe that was the intention, build it to look like I cant afford anything better like it would have been in High School. in which he succeeded, although the more I look at it the uglier it gets

Edited by Kavinsky

• 4 years later...
On 12/13/2015 at 10:24 PM, jurassic narc said:

72 spoke Zenith wires with straight ear knock offs spinners (3 ear type).  Gold insert with pouncing eagle.  Daytons look almost identical, but the show car had Zenith.  Zenith are very hard to find, and almost impossible to find with the correct insert in the spinner.

I have the Zenith wire wheels that are identical to the show cars but, as you mentioned, not with the straight ear spinners. Mine are angled with a Ferrari insert.

@RentTheViceCar Charlie at Wire Wheel King is very knowledgeable about the Zeniths (he's a former employee who remembers the wheels built for the Show Cars) and may be useful to anyone looking for something comparable. 

• Like 1