Screen used Daytona wheel size - urgent info needed

Guest C.T.

Some wheels have come up that look right but are slightly too small at 14" x 7".

I seem to recall reading that the screen used cars may have used 14" but that doesn't sound right as they always appeared to be 15"x8".

Can anyone confirm this? Need the info real quick so I can make a decision.

Kavinsky? JN?

a 13.5 momo veloce wheel, sometimes used on Saleen Fox Body mustangs of the 1980's, white lettering

fairly close to this, but according to the numbers its a 13.7, and doesnt have the veloce lettering on it.

Edited by Kavinsky

a 13.5 momo veloce wheel, sometimes used on Saleen Fox Body mustangs of the 1980's, white lettering

fairly close to this, but according to the numbers its a 13.7, and doesnt have the veloce lettering on it.

I was referring to the actual wire wheels, not the steering wheel ;-)

I own the Camera car - #4.  It has 235/60VR15 Pirelli P6 tires which have been on the car since I acquired it in 1988 and I believe are the tires used in the series.  The wheels are 15 inch Zenith wire wheels and a rough measurement (with the tires in place) show them to be about 8 inches in width.

I own the Camera car - #4.  It has 235/60VR15 Pirelli P6 tires which have been on the car since I acquired it in 1988 and I believe are the tires used in the series.  The wheels are 15 inch Zenith wire wheels and a rough measurement (with the tires in place) show them to be about 8 inches in width.

You own a piece of TV history. That is something I would have loved to acquire. Thanks for confirming the wheel size and tyre. I'm going to go with the 15" as my mechanic has said that the 14" will balls up the Corvette gearing and give me lots of wheel spin, great acceleration but kill top end speed.