Greetings from Estonia

ViceofEstonia

Greetings from Estonia!!! Weather is really quite Vice around here right now as its 20-25C warmth every day. I’m 19 years old and have been a huge fan of Miami Vice for 4 years now.

80s has always played a huge role in my life as one of the first things I can remember from my life is Knight Rider intro with KITT driving towards me from the screen. 80s shows such as A-Team, Macgyver and Knight Rider get constant reruns in one channel or another every year.

My first contact with Miami Vice was back in 2008, when one night I happened to see what I now know to be the beginning of Calderones Return. My father was there as well and said : “Son that’s Don Johnson. He was a huge ladies man back in the days†XDXDXD

2011 I bought seasons 1&2 on DVD. Soon as I watched Brothers Keeper I realized that this show is something else. By now I have watched all 5 seasons and I must say that all though I hate the fact show had to end, I like the fact that Crockett and Tubbs went from being idealistically optimistic cops to eventual burnouts, who decided to quit. This is some good character development in my book.

I haven’t seen any other Vicers in this country but maybe they’re just so deep undercover. The fashion of the show is awesome and I aquire new items every now and then to keep up with being undercover myself.

Anyways this forum is cool and I hope to have some good time here.

Welcome aboard.  Your English is very good.  We have members from your area of the world.  For example my friend Victor lives in Lithuania.

• Like 1

Welcome, ViceofEstonia.........enjoy your visits here! There is a section where each episode was watched & critiqued by the members. A few people are still adding their comments, although not as often as when it was started. It may be fun for you to join the discussions.  

If you look at the Topics   # 25 "Out where the Buses don't Run"  is being discussed.  Go to page 1 and read some of the reviews & ratings.

Edited by Tony D.
  • Like 1

I thank you all for a kind welcome. Now there is one thing I have been wondering about for a long time time and thats Sonnys full name James "Sonny" Crockett. Whats up with that ? Like no one ever refers to him as James and is Sonny his middle name or nick name or simply part of his undercover alias.

Edited by ViceofEstonia

• Administrators

I thank you all for a kind welcome. Now there is one thing I have been wondering about for a long time time and thats Sonnys full name James "Sonny" Crockett. Whats up with that ? Like no one ever refers to him as James and is Sonny his middle name or nick name or simply part of his undercover alias.

I think it's his middle name and prefers to be called Sonny.

When undercover, you should always use the name people call you by. That way if you get spotted, it doesn't blow your cover. Like, if your name is Sonny and you're undercover and someone you know calls you "Fred", it could mean the end of your life. 

I think it's his middle name and prefers to be called Sonny.

When undercover, you should always use the name people call you by. That way if you get spotted, it doesn't blow your cover. Like, if your name is Sonny and you're undercover and someone you know calls you "Fred", it could mean the end of your life. 

Yeah that makes sense and wrong name at a wrong moment can indeed end ones life in this line of work.