Credit to Club Deuce Owner - Mac Klein

summer84

2n6hkbp.jpg

The writers from Miami Vice used to hang here and the neon they installed for an episode

still works. (quote) the305.com

9k8rq0.jpg

Mac attributes the famous faces to the Miami Vice effect.

The cast of the iconic Eighties show hosted their final wrap party here in 1989. (quote)

It was very interesting reading this article, which was also Miami Vice related.

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/music/macs-club-deuce-owner-turns-99-his-top-9-moments-from-miamis-best-dive-bar-6473637

To see if it had been mentioned before, some threads did came up about Club Deuce.

Were there held two final wrap parties, that same year in 1989 or am I getting it all wrong? Just a bit confused.  :)

Coop's thread: http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php/topic/3067-finale-mv-wrap-party-invite/?hl=%2Bwrap+%2Bparty

• Like 1

Great post.  I was at Mac's last year, very active guy who is now 100 yrs old.  Highly recommend any Miami visitor stop by, very friendly place and they will be happy to talk Vice with you.

HPIM0245

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 1

Nice little slap at DJ:

"Even Don Johnson felt comfortable being there"

:D  :D  :D 

By the end of the series I assume some people were a little bit relieved not to have to put up with his antics any more.

Great post.  I was at Mac's last year, very active guy who is now 100 yrs old.  Highly recommend any Miami visitor stop by, very friendly place and they will be happy to talk Vice with you.

Thanks miamijimf. I read the article about him, where he turns 100. It's incredible he's still working there. :thumbsup: To me he looks like someone in his mid-eighties, rather than someone who just turned 100 last year. He is turning 101 years old this September.  

Edited by summer84

Nice little slap at DJ:

"Even Don Johnson felt comfortable being there"

:D  :D  :D

By the end of the series I assume some people were a little bit relieved not to have to put up with his antics any more.

I don't know, what they meant by it, but I didn't see it as something negative. I was more focused on the two final wrap parties. :)

Edited by summer84

Well to be fair in looking back on the james bond series, as I'm watching it from front to back to see what changed between the early Roger moore era and the connery one, (and here's an observation that no ones made before, in the man with the golden gun he's far more hardcore than connery ever was, complete with throwing gas in someones face, slapping around women who directly threaten him and kicking people in the head lol)

and in looking up connery's wikipedia page I found this exerpt, from of all People Michael Caine, who also worked on a low rent version of bond called Harry Palmer with the same people who did the bond franchise

all of which were good films, although I havent seen Billion dollar brain or the latter films in that series for fear that it goes down hill past funeral in berlin.

Although Bond had made him a star, Connery eventually tired of the role and the pressure the franchise put on him, saying "[i am] fed up to here with the whole Bond bit"[27] and "I have always hated that damned James Bond. I'd like to kill him".[47] Michael Caine said of the situation, "If you were his friend in these early days you didn't raise the subject of Bond. He was, and is, a much better actor than just playing James Bond, but he became synonymous with Bond. He'd be walking down the street and people would say, "Look, there's James Bond." That was particularly upsetting to him.

now Bond was his breakout role in that particular vein, and he only managed to escape that with the Untochables, Indiana Jones and The Hunt for Red October...... 15 years latter....

now Imagine that for DJ, a man who was used to being able to walk down the street without being known, only to have that flip on its head in 6 months, and now he's 5 years in of that and wants to be rid of it.

Edited by Kavinsky
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...