Scenes filmed in alleys

airtommy

As I watched the series this year, I made a note each time an episode had a scene in an alley.  Most of these scenes were filmed in South Beach on Ocean Court (between Ocean Drive and Collins Avenue) or Collins Court (between Collins Avenue and Washington Avenue).  For the precise location of a specific scene, check out C Glide's authoritative website:  http://www.miamivicelocations.org/

S1

Brother's Keeper (Collins Ave @ 14th)

Little Prince (Collins Ct @ Espanola Way)

Golden Triangle Part 1 (behind shopping center at 755 E 9th St Hialeah)

Nobody Lives Forever (1450 Washington Ave)

S2

Dutch Oven (Ocean Ct @ 14th)

Little Miss Dangerous (Collins Ct @ 11th)

Free Verse  (Lincoln Ln)

Out Where the Buses Don't Run (studio lot)

S3

Stone's War  (Lincoln Ln)

The Good Collar  (Collins Ct @ 1st,  Ocean Ct @ 11th)

Streetwise (Collins Ct @ 10th, 12th)

The Savage / Duty and Honor  (Ocean Ct @ 9th)

Red Tape (Collins Ct @ 1st)

Heroes of the Revolution  (Collins Ct @ 14th)

S4

Amen... Send Money  (Ocean Ct @ 9th)

Death and the Lady  (Collins Ct)

Honor Among Thieves  (Collins Ct @ 12th)

Hell Hath No Fury  (Ocean Ct @ 12-14th)

Mirror Image  (Ocean Ct @ 10th)

S5

Asian Cut (Ocean Ct @ 7th)

Miami Squeeze  (Collins Ct @ Espanola Way)

Freefall  (Collins Ct @ 6th)

Please post additions and corrections!

My note:  Until now, it had not occurred to me that they didn't use the alleys in S1.  Am I right about that?!?!  

[edit]  Nope!  

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 1

Thank you for the list, very convenient! 

As far as S1, other than the pilot, Idk if there are other alley scenes.  That would be really surprising if there aren't.   ?(

• Like 1

As far as S1, other than the pilot, Idk if there are other alley scenes.  That would be really surprising if there aren't.   ?(

What was the alley scene in the pilot?

One thing I have omitted is fake alley scenes.  They often filmed scenes in the parking lot of the studio and at least once they used the space between the buildings as an alley.  I can't remember the episode.

• Like 1

As I watched the series this year, I made a note each time an episode had a scene in an alley.  These scenes were filmed in South Beach on Ocean Court (between Ocean Drive and Collins Avenue) or Collins Court (between Collins Avenue and Washington Avenue).  A few were filmed on Lincoln Lane, the alley behind Lincoln Road Mall on its north side.  For the precise location of a specific scene, check out C Glide's authoritative website:  http://www.miamivicelocations.org/

S2

Dutch Oven (Ocean Ct @ 14th)

Little Miss Dangerous (Collins CT @ 11th)

Free Verse  (Lincoln Ln)

S3

Stone's War  (Lincoln Ln)

The Good Collar  (Collins Ct @ 1st,  Ocean Ct @ 11th)

The Savage / Duty and Honor  (Ocean Ct @ 9th)

Heroes of the Revolution  (Collins Ct @ 14th)

S4

Amen... Send Money  (Ocean Ct @ 9th)

Death and the Lady  (Collins Ct)

Honor Among Thieves  (Collins Ct @ 12th)

Hell Hath No Fury  (Ocean Ct @ 12-14th)

Mirror Image  (Ocean Ct @ 10th)

S5

Miami Squeeze  (Collins Ct @ Espanola Way)

Freefall  (Collins Ct @ 6th)

Please post additions and corrections!

My note:  Until now, it had not occurred to me that they didn't use the alleys in S1.  Am I right about that?!?!

In "Asian Cut " during the teaser they filmed behind The Majestic and The Imperial on Ocean court also !! :D

• Like 2

The alley scene I was referring to was when Trini De Soto takes a shot at Tubbs.  I think that counts doesn't it?  

Oh yes, good one!  I'll add it to the list.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

One thing I have omitted is fake alley scenes.  They often filmed scenes in the parking lot of the studio and at least once they used the space between the buildings as an alley.  I can't remember the episode.

I just remembered it!  Near the end of "Out Where the Buses Don't Run", Hank Weldon calls Tubbs from a payphone.  That was filmed in the space between the two studio buildings.

Another alley scene:  In the opening teaser of "Little Prince", C&T chase down Royco from Espanola Way to Collins Court and catch him at the same fire escape which Cat goes down in "Little Miss Dangerous".  Also, before that Gina & Trudy &the dealer go down an alleyway between two buildings on Collins Ave and then Switek & Zito go there looking for them.

• Like 1