One more boat scene with Crockett and Tubbs photo :-)

summer84

I'm about 99% sure this is what we are looking at:

The building in the top right part of the photo is Artie Rollins' condo in "Heart of Darkness" on the Venetian Causeway.   We're looking at the southern side of it, so C&T are headed south and the camera is looking north.  The drawbridge behind them is the bridge to the Port of Miami.  On the left side of the picture is Miamarina (now Bayside), where Crockett's boats were docked.

• Like 1

I'm about 99% sure this is what we are looking at:

The building in the top right part of the photo is Artie Rollins' condo in "Heart of Darkness" on the Venetian Causeway.   We're looking at the southern side of it, so C&T are headed south and the camera is looking north.  The drawbridge behind them is the bridge to the Port of Miami.  On the left side of the picture is Miamarina (now Bayside), where Crockett's boats were docked.

I'm glad you could answer this question airtommy for the facebook member, who asked: "Is that the railroad bridge infront of Bayside?"

I didn't know, but it was great to learn some of what's in the background of this shot. :thumbsup:

I'm glad you could answer this question airtommy for the facebook member, who asked: "Is that the railroad bridge infront of Bayside?"

I didn't know, but it was great to learn some of what's in the background of this shot. :thumbsup:

I think identifying the episode will be a good case for the clothing experts in this forum.  Too bad Coop is on hiatus.  I looked at "Payback" but the clothes don't seem like a perfect match.

• Like 1

Airtommy, I'm the resident clothing expert here, and I can tell you these clothes in this combo were not worn on the show.

This is not a scene from the show, it's from a photoshoot.

Hope that clears things up!

By the way AWESOME picture!!! I love it!

-COOP

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 3

Thank you very much Coop! I really love the look and scenery and the fact that the bridge was in motion as they took the shot. So none of the parts of the clothing were worn in any episode? Not even separately like Crockett's jacket or Tubbs tie. 

I would never have guessed that this was from a photoshoot, glad you could clear it up. :thumbsup:

Oh,yes. The clothes WERE worn in the show, just not in that combination.

looks like the blazer from 'Smuggler's Blues'. Probably the same one was already used before in 'Hit List' and 'Give a Little, Take a Little'. I believe it re-appeared in 'Whatever Works', 'Lombard', 'Bushido' and when Crockett got shot in 'A Bullet for Crockett'. But as Coop states, never in that combination.

I have a similar one myself:

Style52-vi.jpg

P.S.: nice seeing you around Coop, missed you pal!

Edited by daytona365
  • Like 1

Great picture! I'm also interested in the blazer. I looked at Smuggler's Blues, but it seems to me that the one used in that episode has a darker blue cast that I can't see here. It could be my color settings are off, but I seem to notice a slight green cast on this picture, more in line with a blazer Crockett used in S3:

post-5793-0-84537800-1443527534_thumb.pn

Sorry for the bad quality of the crop.

Or, maybe it is another blazer entirely?

Great picture! I'm also interested in the blazer. I looked at Smuggler's Blues, but it seems to me that the one used in that episode has a darker blue cast that I can't see here. It could be my color settings are off, but I seem to notice a slight green cast on this picture, more in line with a blazer Crockett used in S3:

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

Sorry for the bad quality of the crop.

Or, maybe it is another blazer entirely?

I tend to believe it could be the same one and woud attribute the color difference to lightning. The one on my on photo also looks a bit different in reallity. Also, the contrast to the black clothing underneath could cause a difference in the perception of the color. It could as well be an entirely different blazer, who knows. But if you look at this capture from Smuggler's Blues, it looks veeeeeery similar.

smug23.jpg

• Like 2

I tend to believe it could be the same one and woud attribute the color difference to lightning. The one on my on photo also looks a bit different in reallity. Also, the contrast to the black clothing underneath could cause a difference in the perception of the color. It could as well be an entirely different blazer, who knows. But if you look at this capture from Smuggler's Blues, it looks veeeeeery similar.

Indeed! You are probably right, the lighting is quite different and has a very pronounced effect here.