Miami Blue Porsche Color?

Kavinsky

I was just doing the rounds and came across this, at 4:10

I guess someone at porsche is an MV fan given the color choice, I wonder if they also know about the fact that it was originally written in the pilot script that crockett would be driving a porsche, not a ferrari.

and the same thing also applied to Magnum PI, where the idea was to go with a 928, but thankfully tom didnt fit in it, and thank god for that, as I hate the look of that thing.

as its as dull as dishwater in the looks department.

Edited by Kavinsky

well I meant just in the sense of the porsche 928, this ugly thing

5831366294_752e9f2ac4_z.jpg

2575908198_60531e5a1d_o.jpg

10856483596_00d0a0537a_z.jpg

which I frankly just think of as a penis car, a dick mobile if you will, which is why its use in Risky Buisness seemed so apt to me lol

Risky_Business.jpg

plus its just a german knockoff of a Corvette, hell they only made it because they feared that Ralph Nader would get the 911 banned given its unusual driving attributes. which can be tamed if you follow and stick to the cars rules.

as for vice, I think it would have been a 911, that 911 SC he used in the flashback scene of forgive us our debts,a 1978 one with smaller bumpers I think

800px-1982_porsche_911_sc_targa_red.jpg

of which I am fond of, as I've always had a soft spot for the 911, the original versions though and the boxster, and the 550,

while the 356, post 1990 911 and the 914 are conditional for me, as theres some I hate, some I love and some that I just go Meh about.

but I must wonder though, is someone going to custom order a pink interior on one of these then lol as that would be stupidly awesome if someone had the guts to do so lol

Edited by Kavinsky

Hmm I always think of emerald green as viper green for whatever reason, but I guess that's literally Venomis Viper Snake Green.

also in looking at that porsche there, the graphite blue/grey there would look great with a two tone black and dark red interior, Miami Blue I'm not sure if that would work, I guess someone would have to choose one of the other opening title card colors for it

still though it shows that someone over at porsche is a Miami Vice Fan.

well I meant just in the sense of the porsche 928, this ugly thing

5831366294_752e9f2ac4_z.jpg

2575908198_60531e5a1d_o.jpg

10856483596_00d0a0537a_z.jpg

which I frankly just think of as a penis car, a dick mobile if you will, which is why its use in Risky Buisness seemed so apt to me lol

Risky_Business.jpg

plus its just a german knockoff of a Corvette, hell they only made it because they feared that Ralph Nader would get the 911 banned given its unusual driving attributes. which can be tamed if you follow and stick to the cars rules.

as for vice, I think it would have been a 911, that 911 SC he used in the flashback scene of forgive us our debts,a 1978 one with smaller bumpers I think

800px-1982_porsche_911_sc_targa_red.jpg

of which I am fond of, as I've always had a soft spot for the 911, the original versions though and the boxster, and the 550,

while the 356, post 1990 911 and the 914 are conditional for me, as theres some I hate, some I love and some that I just go Meh about.

but I must wonder though, is someone going to custom order a pink interior on one of these then lol as that would be stupidly awesome if someone had the guts to do so lol

I can't picture Thomas Magnum in that car, only if it was a convertible. The 308 was much more exotic, the type of car an author like Robin Masters would own.

For Sonny, the 911 would have worked a little better, since it's a bit similar to the Daytona. But ultimately, it's still not as exotic as a Ferrari. It was nice to see it in Forgive Us Our Debts, but I'm glad they went the way they did. 

Edited by Spyder

I can't picture Thomas Magnum in that car, only if it was a convertible. The 308 was much more exotic, the type of car an author like Robin Masters would own.

For Sonny, the 911 would have worked a little better, since it's a bit similar to the Daytona. But ultimately, it's still not as exotic as a Ferrari. It was nice to see it in Forgive Us Our Debts, but I'm glad they went the way they did. 

Indeed a porsche 928 just doesnt suit that show or the location, although with Sonny given his job a porsche would have been a good fit, but nowhere near as iconic as the daytona was, and actually as hard as it is to believe apparently the daytona was kind of a car that was thought to be a dionsaur

given that everyone went midengined in its time period, so back then it may have been a much more exotic car that was just as reasonably stealthy as the porsche, given back then hardly anyone knew about that model, and porsche only came out with the 928 as they also thought the 911 was done, nowadays that's not the case with either layout or design really.

but back then it was, Ferrari had the Midengined 308 GT4, 308 GTB, 365BB, Mondial, of which I just saw coming back from the local gunshow yesterday actually and Porsche had the 924, 944, and 928, with the 911

so the daytona would have been as receved like someone driving around with an older maybe abit worn and beat up Lamborghini Muricalago, of which I'm using as an example as someone was doing just that with one on pawn stars

which is also why I kinda thought the less clean, beatup and less polished look of it in S1 seemed to fit the show better, a car thats getting regular use wont look quite that good most of the time.

plus just for the sake of my sanity, if I ever get to the point where I can go for one of the daytona replicas I'm gonna matt, satin or semi gloss black the thing like someone did to a trans am on the rambling around youtube channel

and beadblast the wire wheels just so I dont go crazy trying to look after the paint and chrome work lol

and maybe take the badges off so I can have it serviced without any undue scrutinty, as I just like the car, I dont care about the badging or calling it whatever.

but this is why the TR may have been a step too far in a way, it was too new, and was far more likely to have been sold at city auction then kept and given to an undercover operative.

although it is Edward James Olmos, the man with the mighty Moustash that was straight out of the era of the death wish films, so maybe one glare was all it took to get them not to do just that with it lol

and I want it painted white and fitted with new tires, what?! Why? Glares at him, Okay okay! I'll do it! just dont kill my family!

3 weeks latter the car is finished,

and then a week latter sonny comes into his office to complain about his car lol

Edited by Kavinsky

• 1 month later...

Well we've got our first video footage of it in action

I must admit I'm not fond of the presenter, and I doubt anyone else will be so I would just mute him and put on some music. put in your own joke their people lol