Miami Vice pilot episode - behind the scenes video

summer84

Very cool, thanks.  This footage never made it to the pilot or any other episode that I can remember.  Getting fully automatic guns to fire blanks is frequently a problem, not enough power.  Good interview also.  

• Like 1

That was so cool to watch.  Thanks for digging this up and posting it. 

You are welcome Vicefan7777! By the way your avatar with the gun shooting cat fits in well bringing in the action to the picture and clip. :thumbsup:

I especially liked the part where the bad guys started shooting and no fire came out. Imagine if they had included that in the plot.

And the short interview where Don with Phillip "Thompson" talks about being in Miami and on location was great.

Very cool, thanks.  This footage never made it to the pilot or any other episode that I can remember.  Getting fully automatic guns to fire blanks is frequently a problem, not enough power.  Good interview also.  

Miamijimf if I can ask, how did you mean the footage never made it?

So that's why the guns didn't work, good to know. :)

Miamijimf if I can ask, how did you mean the footage never made it?

So that's why the guns didn't work, good to know. :)

I don't remember seeing that scene where those specific bad guys get gunned down in the pilot or any other episode.  I could be wrong however.  What episode does it appear in? 

As a former member of the US Air Force security police I can agree with your comment about fully automatic guns and blank ammo.  I remember we carried the M-16 and during war games had the blank ammo.  We were told to avoid using the gun on full auto because of frequent jams with the ejected shell casing. 

• Like 1

Great stuff!! Liked seeing Don wear my shirt ;) .  Also of sad note, it's sad to see the art deco NEW YORKER hotel on Miami Beach filmed being torn down. I'm guessing it was gone before VICE filmed it. So sad to see those wonderful buildings go. Those hotels in those segments really looked bad. MIAMI VICE sure made them look good! So good, they got fixed up, saved, and now they are the pride and joy of MIAMI. All thanks to...MIAMI VICE.

• Like 4

Greatness!  Thanks for sharing this summer84. 

I had been looking through the (wolfsons archives) again, to see if had overlooked something and when I saw this I just had to post it!

I do have more to post. It's nothing big like this, well to me it is, as it's something never before seen. And I just love this stuff!  :)

• Like 1

I don't remember seeing that scene where those specific bad guys get gunned down in the pilot or any other episode.  I could be wrong however.  What episode does it appear in? 

Those are the same bad guys which appear in the scene from the pilot. Here is a screenshot from the episode

2drurki.jpg

Yeah its one of the reasons why some of the guns seem so tiny, they have to use 9mm's when the script calls for it to be a 45, as its just a matter of basic momenumn, IE not enough force to make the slide function properly, Mass X Velocty = Force I think the equation was

so the bigger the area, the more force the blank cartridge has to produce without a bullet to provide the necessary back pressure, and in looking up the behind the scenes footage of Fury Road to get a look at the cars, well you dont want to see what these things look or sound like on set lol

its as bad as seeing a set on a soundstate that you've come to accept as an actual place like I really wish they hadnt included that lol

plus this is probably the reason why Eastwood didnt stick with the automag post Sudden Impact too, it was reported that this was an issue with it.

Edited by Kavinsky
  • Like 1