Don Johnson on Jimmy Kimmel

DeepCover333

Just a heads up! Don Johnson is on tonight's Jimmy Kimmel show. He is on right now on Eastern Standard time, Sorry for the late news, was a nice surprise for me. I's sure it will be online afterwards

• Like 4

Thanks, I'll have to watch the re-run.....missed it!

Here are the links for anyone who wants to check it out, including the "Crockett Pocket"

On Miami Vice, etc.

Blood and Oil

• Like 6

Thank you DC333!  I didn't see it live either, but of course it makes sense he's doing the talk show rounds this week.  He's really very engaging, don't you all think?   :)  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

I watched and recorded and found it very short.Don is still the fashion statement loved what he was wearing and I wish him the best on the new series this weekend

.vlcsnap-2015-09-24-16h37m36s251_zpsmgrjp

I stayed up late to watch!  It was enjoyable and I agree, DJ is very engaging.  The segment was short :( and I've heard the story about the panties raining from the skies before, so was hoping for something different.  But oh, well!  Still good to see him, and he did look good (really better than the above shot indicates :))

• Like 1

sure seemed like a short segment. nice to see them talk about Vice. Don seems happier to talk about it in recent years. He's looking almost better now than he was in the last year of Nash Bridges. He's lost weight too. I've been following him on twitter. i'll be watching his new show. it's funny, Dallas and Miami  Vice are my two favorite shows of all time, and here's Don in  a show similiar to Dallas.

• Like 1

Well remember what I said on the bond thread, or one of the other threads, it took Connery 15 years to get successful after being purely known as Bond, but well, he should have grown that beard in 69 not 89! as post 67 he just doesnt look right without it lol 

its been 20 some years since vice ended, so the memories, the bad ones from S4 have faded, along with his embarssment about it, and lets be honest, season 4 was something to be embarrased about lol and he finally found a zest in acting again

and if you dont got that magic spark, you dont got nothing, I mean look at Michael Caine, he admited he basically stopped acting for the sake of acting in the 80's, hence the Jaws 3 thing with him.

and this is a man who knows how to act

so it happens to everyone who gets big, and its just a matter of how the indivdual treats it, and taking risks with unsual and unlikeable parts, Hell Bryan Cranson only got his famous part because he did an episode of the X files, and nearly didnt get it because of a show he was also big in, Malcom In the Middle.

plus the nash bridges lawsuit thing worked out in his favor, his kids are doing well, and the 80's are big now, as its the last time we had shows that were fun for the sake of having fun, plus the New Retro Newave channel anyone? so he's got a lot to be happy about.

as only the hard cores are going to remember season 4 anyways lol everyone who knows it has more than a few marked off as skip for that one.

and FYI I hate the theme song to For your eyes only lol thank christ that drunk guy came up to Cubby and gave him a what for with it.

although I dont see alot of action from PMT really, but maybe he prefers the other side of life outside of the spotlight.

Edited by Kavinsky
  • Like 1

well i don't think he was embarassed about Vice, he just wanted to be known for more than just that. i mean i had seen him talking about miami vice even when he was on nash bridges so it wasn't like he refused to talk about it. Not to mention bringing some of the other actors on that show as well.

• Like 2

Thanks for posting those clips, DeepCover333....I really enjoyed them!

Man, that group, the Crockett Pocket showed DJ how much he is still loved as Sonny in Miami Vice.

I hope he decides to reprise his role in a MV tv movie along with PMT. They both still look great along with the rest of the original cast.   :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Thanks for informing us about the interview DeepCover! :thumbsup: I watched it right afterwards on youtube. I enjoyed seeing Don in a talk show again, he does look great in his age and I hope to see him in more. As some have already stated the segment was short and that was disappointing. Except for the blood and oil part, I had already heard the other stories in other interviews, so there was nothing new there. It was funny when he said to the (crockett pocket) "whatever you are taking, cut it in half." :D

I don't know if he with that remark meant it was a bit too much, but if it was me, I would have found it kind of sweet. :)  

• Like 1

Don looks good and is having fun with this interview.  Wish I was in the Crockett Pocket.  

Just get a white jacket & pastel t-shirt. ;)

My wife asked how did they get on the show the same night as DJ. It must have been set up.

and if you dont got that magic spark, you dont got nothing, I mean look at Michael Caine, he admited he basically stopped acting for the sake of acting in the 80's, hence the Jaws 3 thing with him.

so it happens to everyone who gets big, and its just a matter of how the indivdual treats it, and taking risks with unsual and unlikeable parts, Hell Bryan Cranson only got his famous part because he did an episode of the X files, and nearly didnt get it because of a show he was also big in, Malcom In the Middle.

In Hollywood and entertainment, you really can't plan out your career to go a certain way. Even the best actors like Caine could never have predicted that he'd be in a slump in the 80s, crappy film after crappy film.

And Bryan Cranson -- how would he have known a supporting role he played on a TV show would get him an award-winning role 15 years later? Most guest spots aren't even remembered for that long, much less the reason someone becomes a star. If it wasn't for Malcolm, his career would have been over years ago, and nobody would have called him to audition for Breaking Bad because of an X-Files episode. He was lucky.

Edited by Spyder
  • Like 1

Jimmy said that the Crockett pocket had been coming every night, the show had been on air for almost 13 years. Hmmm :)

Their Crockett clothes should be in shreds by now!  :wuerg:

• Like 1

In Hollywood and entertainment, you really can't plan out your career to go a certain way. Even the best actors like Caine could never have predicted that he'd be in a slump in the 80s, crappy film after crappy film.

And Bryan Cranson -- how would he have known a supporting role he played on a TV show would get him an award-winning role 15 years later? Most guest spots aren't even remembered for that long, much less the reason someone becomes a star. If it wasn't for Malcolm, his career would have been over years ago, and nobody would have called him to audition for Breaking Bad because of an X-Files episode. He was lucky.

yeah true, but it is a good example of the value of branching out and doing wild and crazy stuff which is why I like to use it, hell its one of the reasons why I kinda have respect for Anne Hathaway, she did all that Disney stuff and then went out and did the brokeback mountain thing which saved her from falling into the same trap that the others did before her

with don I didnt know he had actually talked about vice before with Nash Bridges, so I plead ignorance on that one

but I should also mention that I had just recently watched some S4 episodes, so that was kinda fresh in my mind lol

Edited by Kavinsky
  • Like 1

Here are the links for anyone who wants to check it out, including the "Crockett Pocket"

On Miami Vice, etc.

Blood and Oil

Thank yoooou!

• Like 1

My favorite part of that whole interview is when he mentioned during the filming of when he & PMT were in NY. I'm glad to see that everyone clapped & cheered when he mentioned PMT, even he seemed to be thankful that they did that. I found that so touching & you can tell after all these years he still holds PMT at a high regard. But overall Don does look amazing & I hope eventually Blood & Oil will get better in ratings but I truly want to continue to be able to see it & see what happens to all of the characters in the show.

• Like 4

I liked DJ in "Blood & Oil" but I'm disappointed that this will be an ongoing "soap opera." Although, Miami Vice & Nash Bridges were on every week, each episode was complete at the end of the night without having to watch next week to see what happens.

I didn't like the young guy. Thought he was pretty reckless.