HOW OUR MEMBER, 'CROCKETTT' SAVED MY SANITY

COOPER&BURNETT

Our member, 'CROCKETTT" saved my sanity while I was gone for a while due to personal family reasons. I bought a smartphone reciently (a new tablet is coming next), and I kept going to his YOUTUBE channel to listen to his MIAMI VICE ripped music from the TV series, which thankfully, he also posts here. He is doing such a good job removing the dialog and sound effects that we can now hear the JAN HAMMER music that used to be somewhat hidden at times.

I used to do this with an old 90's analog vocal eliminator. I was, the very first to do this. I posted some stuff on the old JAN HAMMER.ORG website that doesn't exist anymore. Now, thankfully, with brand new technology and a great fan, CROCKETTT now shares these newly transfered ripped treasures with us. We are lucky! It's on youtube, and I'm take'in advantage! 

cellphone%20shots%20at%20home%20022_zps6

When I need a break, I turn on my smartphone, go to Crockettt's youtube channel, kick back, turn up the volume and listen to the tunes while looking at the lake. I do this at nighttime too. Some tracks just are perfect for the moment. I think this has saved my sanity.  Thank you CROCKETTT! 

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Here's what I do.

1. I go to youtube on my smartphone, and go to CROCKETTT's youtube channel.

cellphone%20shots%20at%20home%20028_zpsq

2. I then get out my bluetooth JAM speaker.

cellphone%20shots%20at%20home%20026_zpsp

cellphone%20shots%20at%20home%20023_zpsz

3. The speaker is awesome, and is made to look somewhat like a retro cassette tape and plastic holder.

cellphone%20shots%20at%20home%20025_zpsp

4. The speaker holder folds down, and it doubles as a smartphone holder!

cellphone%20shots%20at%20home%20027_zpsa

5. The speaker holder can hold the smartphone straight up, or on it's side to watch videos.

cellphone%20shots%20at%20home%20021_zpsx

6. Then it's time to kick back and relax to JAN HAMMER.

cellphone%20shots%20at%20home%20024_zpsc

cellphone%20shots%20at%20home%20012_zpso 

• Like 8

I downloaded all songs made by Crockettt on my smartphone about half a year ago.

They are awesome!

And a personal note COOP...the song "SANITY MAINTANCE" by Crockettt fits just perfect right here ;-)

• Like 2

Fantastic!  I love that set-up and the tutorial.  I don't know about Crockettt's youtube channel, but that will change this evening when I have time to invest in it. 

Thanks for the tip!

• Like 1

Nice setup Coop!!! I've been doing similar with my Note 4 and a JBL Flip speaker. Great for the beach, too. It is funny, not that long ago bringing great music to the outdoors meant wires, power cables, or a classic boombox and a load of batteries. Bluetooth has really revolutionized the portable experience. And yes, 'CROCKETTT"s channel rocks! Much gratitude for it.

• Like 1

I know what you mean Coop. Music has that effect on the mind especially when you are listening to something you like. That is also one of my ways of relaxing, by listening to music. It brings you somewhere else, brings peace and makes you feel you can do anything. And having such a beautiful view only adds more to it. :radio:

• Like 1

It dawns on me how often I use Jan Hammer/Vice music to set the tone for something. I often use it to get psyched up for the gym.  It gives me motivation.  I put on Crockett's Theme or Forever Tonight and imagine being in Miami, especially in the '80s, and how Crockett and Tubbs, or more specifically, Johnson and Thomas, had to stay in shape for their roles. 

How rad would it have been to work out in 1980s Miami, take a good and relaxing sauna, shower and then put on some Crockett threads before going clubbing? That's the state of mind I get into for gym work.

It gets me into an '80s-gym-hyped up state of mind. Next thing I know, I'm in the gym.

• Like 2

Here's my universal charge dock station for my speaker and phone (and soon, a tablet).

cellphone%20shots%20at%20home%20030_zps6

cellphone%20shots%20at%20home%20029_zps7

001_zpsdtzjgllu.jpg

MVNYC, thanks for your question. The speaker is a wireless bluetooth, it has a plug in rechargeable battery. Never needs batteries. I highly recommend JAM products. The speakers are great, and very good quality. You can really pump up the volume, and you can raise and lower the volume on your smartphone, or on the speaker itself. You can plug the speaker into a non bluetooth item old school style too if you want too.

CharlieGlide, your welcome for the tip!

Glad you all liked this. Thanks for all your cool comments! I sure like reading them!

I gotta chill out with Jan Hammer music...

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 6

Great Topic! :D I'm glad You like my YouTube channel COOPER&BURNETT I love your bluetooth JAM peaker. Very vice-ish thing! :D

Stay tuned for more cues! :)

• Like 3

Your glad I like your YouTube channel? I don't only like it, I LOVE IT!  

I'm also glad you like my speaker. I needed something portable that wasn't too big and bulky. It's actually a FOUR speaker system, as they have identical looking speakers in the back that are for the bass, and they can move if the music has lots of bass in it.

I'm absolutely looking forward to new tracks! Can't wait!! 

-COOP

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Hi Coop.....Thanks for this Topic! You come back for a short stay and I learn about some terrific speakers.....plus I didn't realize our own Crockett had a youtube channel!

Thanks, again.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Yep, CROCKETTT has a YouTube Channel. When you go onto his thread, the videos of Jan Hammer's music that you click onto is from YouTube.

Hopefully, more members will visit his thread on "Unreleased Jan Hammer cues from Miami Vice".

You can visit his thread right on this site! Check it out!

http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php/topic/10538-unreleased-jan-hammer-cues-from-miami-vice/

I Need more cues dude!

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

I love it when Coop makes a cameo appearance!

This is such a wonderfully created thread.  The pictures are so perfectly laid out.  This is like Thread Creation 101.  And I love the cassette-tape-holder.   So retro!   :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I'm glad to hear you can use music to soothe.

I also consider myself quite an audiophile and really get into music (many types) very deeply

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having trouble playing the youtube station on a loop, or having the songs play one after the other without having to hit 'play' for each song. 

Is there a way to just make all the songs on Crockettt1984 play without me having to hit 'play' for each tune?

• Like 2

I have the same problem. I also want to hear the music while doing something else on the smartphone, or the tablet. My tablet will allow me to open another window, but just haven't figured it out yet. I HOPE he posts more soon, (and hopefully some of my suggestions too!).

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 1

Hey guys! It is possible if you go to the Crockett1984 homepage and below the first video it says Uploads then point on that, not click, but point and then the "play all button" will appear. And then there will be music!!! Just listening to Jan Hammer - Izzy's theme....... Also when the playlist appears, above it you can chose repeat or shuffle. Wow Crockettt has uploaded 130 videos. Awesome!!!!

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1

Thanks summer for the information, I can't wait to try it out! (Now I need to learn how to open a second window on my tablet while listening to the music at the same time. I know it can do it, as the salesman showed me during the demo, but I just haven't learned how to do it. These things don't really come with a set of instructions.)

Thanks again!

-COOP

• Like 1