Miami Vice's Gina and Trudy

summer84

Interesting, thanks.  If you watch the video from the beginning and before the Vice theme music you get an idea of how much crime and corruption there was in the late 70s, early 80s.

Based on the Cocaine Cops stories that precede the MV clip, the MV eps that dealt with police corruption were based solidly in reality. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure what is the real Topic .......Gina & Trudy, Police Corruption, or Hiring Minorities for MV????

From the start, the race of the cops or the criminals never even occurred to me!  After looking at this Topic......I realize Crockett, Stan & Larry and the bald cop are the only non- minorities. Later on, there are other actors brought in like Bruce Willis, Willie Nelson & others.

Funny, I never thought about it until now.  Everything just fit, perfectly! :thumbsup:

Okay - Gina & Trudy look great here.

Hopefully that's more to people's liking.

I mean it's your choice, but why did you delete your original comment? All comments are good! :)

There wasn't a particular topic per se. I just wanted to show some rare backstage footage with Saundra and Olivia, such as the photo. Even though they were brief. But I enjoyed reading others comments here too! The thing that also made Miami Vice distinct from other television shows was to me all the minorities in the roles. In the actual cast we had two Latino's with Saundra and Edward James Olmos. Two African Americans with Phillip and Olivia. It's not something I notice when I watch the show, but I don't think the cast was randomly chosen in that way. And I don't remember seeing a cast since with that great variety of minorities. :)

Edited by summer84

There wasn't a particular topic per se. I just wanted to show some rare backstage footage with Saundra and Olivia, such as the photo. Even though they were brief. But I enjoyed reading others comments here too! The thing that also made Miami Vice distinct from other television shows was to me all the minorities in the roles. In the actual cast we had two Latino's with Saundra and Edward James Olmos. Two African Americans with Phillip and Olivia. It's not something I notice when I watch the show, but I don't think the cast was randomly chosen in that way. And I don't remember seeing a cast since with that great variety of minorities. :)

What about Lt. Rodriquez Izzy Nuggie, Calderon, Angelina, the 3 punks in the opening episode & many more.

Edited by Tony D.
  • Like 1

Yes. Not to mention Indians, Frenchmen, Italian, Spanish, Englishmen, Russian, Asian, Irishmen..... There were indeed many :thumbsup:

Edited by summer84

Thanks for replying MetroVice. I didn't know that was the reason for you changing the post, as I saw it as a question Tony asked me about the subject matter, because I had posted the topic of the backstage footage with Gina and Trudy. Maybe it was just a misunderstanding, which it can easily become in an forum, because you are not talking to the person face to face, but can only relate to the written word, speaking in general. You still have the right to your own individual opinion, so I am sorry you felt the need for changing your comment.

I must say to me it was really awesome seeing this clip, because it's another rare look behind the scenes. This time with Saundra and Olivia. And there aren't many of those rare clips out there. I hadn't seen a rehearsal before with other cast members, so again very cool! Besides Don and Phillip now we also have a glimpse of Saundra getting makeup on, on set. :)

• Like 1

• 9 months later...