Sonny-Crockett

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...
On 5/20/2016 at 4:33 PM, Scarab KV said:

No, the plastic retainers over the gauges

FB_IMG_1436414175053.jpg

FB_IMG_1436414175053.jpg

Wayne, I just watched the interview/boat shop tour video on YouTube, very interesting learning about everything. While looking at this pic, I noticed the "Kaama" and 2 buttons. What are they for? I know of Kaama from the Betty Cook racing years, so surprised to see it show up here. When you said Trenton in the video, I couldn't believe it, small world.

Edited by lindenska
read other post

I checked and these particular models are going for around 80-100K. Of course not the Miami Vice Scarab but generally... standard ones.

How much they were worth when they were new approximately, transferred to today's money?

Edited by apocalypse

• 2 months later...

well hard to say, I know back in the 80's, like mid 80's the going rate for a 308 was about 70K, and the testarossa was 90, I mean you figure these boats were probably like the modern equvalent of a 250K speedboat now

I mean 15 grand was a new 1980's firebird trans am, so I would say, less than 90, but probably more than 60K

actually in the pilot they mention the price of the Chris Craft he has, I guess maybe a 100 after all

also I did just find this just now

Edited by Kavinsky
  • Thanks 1