summer84

It was really exciting to read this article. And for the first time seeing Edward Olmos amongst the cast!

Now we only have Don and Phillip left to join the reunion. Who knows, maybe next year? ;)

Notice the Miami Vice t-shirts on the team behind the Miami Vice Comic.

Some unanswered questions for the Vice Squad gets revealed and more.......

Read more below

2s9aipc.jpg

21jx2ya.jpg

2hhkcgj.jpg

14nd1xg.jpg

106h3b7.jpg

• Like 5

You are welcome DJAngel! They are the creative team of the Miami Vice comic.

From the convention on youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE8RORjxOTY part 1

Some of it Can be heard.               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42oSX8omfNQ  part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGf2hypgrVMYou Last part

Just came across the convention on youtube.

I so wish I had been there.

Edited by summer84

I watched the Miami Vice Convention again on youtube. First time it was hard to hear. Here are some of the things that the cast talked about: 

EJO - Anthony Yerkovich was supposed to be there, but he got sick.     Too bad! I would have loved to hear some of his view on the show.

EJO - Michael talbott, John Diehl, Olivia Brown, Saundra Santiago and Edward Olmos became very dear and close friends. (Phillip and Don were close friends in Miami before they even started the show. Couldn't hear this last part very well.)

EJO - he had more of a feeling towards the show, (it's popularity) only because he had been able to see the show, before he went there. He saw the first 3 episodes and they (the cast) hadn't seen the episodes they were just working, so they didn't know what was going on.
It literally changed the course of viewership, how people watched television. I remember one time we were in a bar and we were having some kind of a get together and all of the sudden the show was coming on the air and everybody stopped. They turned on the tv like they were watching soccer worldcup or something.
EJO told his family the day before he started working on miami vice - enjoy today, because tomorrow you will not be able to walk down the streets, things would have changed that much.
From that point on my life, Olivia's and Talbott's were never the same.

It's funny how he keeps saying, how he came in on the 4th episode of the show, when in fact it was the 6th episode "One Eyed Jack."
But perhaps he was referring to after Rodriguez was killed off.

Olivia Brown - You also have to realize that It was one of the very few shows, that had people of color at the time. There was no other woman at that time, black woman in an hour long show, so they didn't have a category in which she could be nominated.
And there was very little work.
We had every kind of race working. Latin America was getting jobs. Mexicans were playing cubans and there was no other show, that was doing that, so that also gave a flavour and having a black guy and a white guy working together as an union. And a spanish boss. I don't know what you (EJO) were supposed to be cuban? I never could figure it out. 

EJO -That also set the tone. And to this day that televison program did change the viewership and even the timeslot, cause we had a friday night slot 10-11. It became a favorable time to put on shows. Shows became hot shows. It (The Show) changed the understanding of the editing. (The show went on after MTV, not a hundred percent sure, if he said that exactly, that's just how I heard it.) MTV was going like crazy with the editing. 

Olivia - And Mike Talbott was like a sexsymbol. He was one of the very first big men sexsymbols.

Olivia - Well you may notice after our show you couldn't use it to soap operas. She is referring to Miami Vice influence on other shows. 

EJO -Thomas Carter the director did an extraordinary job in setting the tone for the show. EJO says that Thomas Carter never got any credit and wants to thank him.

On the last part, that has been put on youtube Talbott talks about how he met Phil Collins with John Nicolella and didn't know that Phil was an actor, as a kid. Phil wanted to be in the tv series. Bob Geldof wanted to be a guest star on the show and they said: "you are not right."

They talked about the extras on the show like Bruce Willis and Chris Rock.

EJO mentioned John Nicolella the producer and how they owe him awful a lot.

Olivia - John Nicolella was our babysitter. He was there, he took care of all kind of different things. Michael Mann only came in, when someone had pissed him off. 

Talbott: Edwards story is interesting how he came about being on Miami Vice and the choices that he made. He pretty well laid out his character right from the get go. Eddie is a mysterious dark kind of guy. Bushido type guy and we weren't used to that, because we were all knuckleheads. And I speak for myself.

EJO continous on speaking of his character and the video ends here. But that part is described in the article in more details.
Edited by summer84
  • Like 6

• 3 months later...

With all of the movie/tv-show reunions going on lately, like Pretty Woman, Fuller House and recently Gilmore Girls (really looking forward to it and hopefully the right ending this time). I wonder...

If it's time also for Miami Vice to have a reunion with ALL of the cast members together again. And for me it doesn't have to be a new Miami Vice movie or TV series. It would be a thrill just to see them all together like a reunion looking back/interview sort of thing. Something similar to the Beverly Hills 90210 reunion where they met and reflected back on the show and their time together. 

Though it was so great seeing Edward James Olmos with Michael Talbott and Olivia Brown last year. That was a big surprise for me, as I didn't expect it. And now Olivia at the Miami Boat Show. But for me it will only be complete when Don and Philip also join the reunion. :)

I always come to think of this song, that associates me with the Miami Vice reunion and these words by Terry Kath: 

Tell me. Will they ever come again, I don't know....

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1