Gunnar Hansen Rest In Peace

Tommy Vercetti

It's sad to report that Gunnar Hansen, the original and greatest Leatherfae in the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, the greatest horror film ever made in my opinion, has passed away at the age of 68. This is very sad news. 

He portrayed perhaps the most terrifying killer in horror film history. Horror films aren't really my thing but I always loved The Texas Chainsaw Massacre ever since I first saw it. It was the only horror film I saw that really frightened me and I think it's the greatest of the genre. It's sad too because the lead actress Marilyn Burns passed away last year too and now Mr. Hansen is gone too. 

Farewell, Mr. Hansen. You will be missed. You definitely made your mark on movie history

GunnarHansen.jpg

Edited by Tommy Vercetti
  • Like 1

Hearing this yesterday really made me sad because his performance really gave the film something special. Leatherface had a human touch which was lacking in a lot of other horror picks following that film. That scene where's he sitting in his living room both scared and frustrated as to why there's all of a sudden intruders at his place is a prime example of that. Besides the rough cinematography and authentic rural locales I think the performance puts it up there as my favorite in the genre which I also find hit and miss.

R.I.P, Mr. Hansen. You set a bar for horror movie villains that a lot could never rise above.

• Like 1

I must admit I dont think I've seen any of those movies, I know I did actually see the Halloween films, but never this, I guess it wouldnt be too popular on network tv so I never caught any of the old movie channels showing it.