Friday the 13th Paris attacks

Kavinsky

You know I had this feeling of dread all day, that something BIG and bad was going to happen, I thought maybe it already happened with the house fire that happened down the main street from me about 2 blocks away, but even then I stiill had it, the feeling of dread

now I know what it was

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/November_2015_Paris_attacks

and an earthquake in Japan no less at the same time.

I swear this has gotta be in my bloodline somehow, My grandmother survives a bombing run by the RAF and my grandfather got sent to norway at the end of the war, right as things got really bloody in germany at the end of the war. as we lost someone else to a dog fight with a P51 at that point.

maybe I've somehow gotten the same kind of precognition and bullet dodging that he had. like somehow I'm tied into the Chi of this world someway and somehow and I can just feel it in the air tonight.

god what a strange evening and ontop of that this is the 10th aniversary of the passing of Eddie Guerrea, a Wrestler I really miss too, as him and Ray, my god what a team!  hell it was his passing that made me stop watching the WWF honestly.

you know one of those cases where you cant help but be reminded of him and thus you stop watching.

but what a weird god damn day.

Edited by Kavinsky
  • Like 3

I was at Ground Zero 3 days after the attacks. I was dispatched in a HAZMAT response role to assist in management of the deluge of water sprayed across the wreckage to find and deploy solutions to save the city from contamination in the water flow, and also to save some sensitive communication components that existed in the 5th floor sub basement of a building next to the 3rd building that fell. I still don't understand why that 3rd building fell, but that's another story.

I wound up assisting FDNY in random moments, at that spot everyone did everything, I've never seen anything like it. Somber warriors that lost brothers. I could write all night, but I'll never forget the crowd of families, tears, frantic, shoving home  pictures in my face everyday on my way in and out of the site, "Have you seen her!?, Did you see Him!!?" 

I've seen the carnage, and smelt death. It is something one never forgets.

So my sad heavy heart goes out to Paris France tonight. Prayers for all victims, families, and anyone affected in any way. We all are.

• Like 7

Man, are we fortunate to live as free as we do. I can't imagine living under the thumb of these oppressive whack jobs. I hope the families and friends of those who were murdered can find peace in some fashion. And I hope the killers who are on the loose regret what they have done are captured in the process.  

• Like 2

It is not matter where we live, who we know of them in those centers with terror ....

We all are same breed.

HUMANS.

The breed with the best working brain. That is what makes the situation as mad and makes it possible at all.

We – humans have feelings of love, hate... and... religion.

For example animals have not, at least not... RELIGION.

We all know it can happen tomorrow to you, to me, to our children and most loved persons.

I feel awfully sorry for just all these young humans who wanted to go to concert, for a drink,

for a bit relaxing time and life far away from job – home – pc - internet, for a life like it should be.

Long live humans!
Fight against religion madness.

• Like 6

I was at Ground Zero 3 days after the attacks. I was dispatched in a HAZMAT response role to assist in management of the deluge of water sprayed across the wreckage to find and deploy solutions to save the city from contamination in the water flow, and also to save some sensitive communication components that existed in the 5th floor sub basement of a building next to the 3rd building that fell. I still don't understand why that 3rd building fell, but that's another story.

I wound up assisting FDNY in random moments, at that spot everyone did everything, I've never seen anything like it. Somber warriors that lost brothers. I could write all night, but I'll never forget the crowd of families, tears, frantic, shoving home  pictures in my face everyday on my way in and out of the site, "Have you seen her!?, Did you see Him!!?" 

I've seen the carnage, and smelt death. It is something one never forgets.

So my sad heavy heart goes out to Paris France tonight. Prayers for all victims, families, and anyone affected in any way. We all are.

Kinda reminds me of the story that Kevin Conroy, the voice of batman in the animated series, said about assisting in the mess hall during the relief and rescue efforts after that horrible event and how many people were heavily distraught over what had happened.

and how he actually managed to help uplift there spirts once they knew who he was and he did abit of the batman voice, hell they could probably really use it about now.

What a horrible world we built and grew into.

indeed and I keep thinking your don in that photo lol yeash

oh its a new photo of don, oh wait no it isnt lol

Truth of the matter is is that these people just grew and grew until they learned about us, took offense and then attacked, and I dont think we really built them, as some things are just destined to clash, its just a matter of where based on the person, is it going to be the battlefield, or in a debate hall and how far do they take it?

they chose the battlefield and they shall lie with the others they put there, as France is known for being behind some of the finest armaments in the known world and their about to get it pointed straight at them.

my main question however is why France? why them of all people. as I would think the english would have been the main target given their colonial history and imperial actions throught time. are they too well armored and paranoid to attack properly in their eyes?

and is this some sort of way to make up for the failed attempted attack on the train and to prove they can hit any place and anywhere to the parisians and the rest of the world? like this is egypt all over again?

Edited by Kavinsky
  • Like 1

(snipped) and to prove they can hit any place and anywhere to the parisians and the rest of the world? like this is egypt all over again?

I think that's exactly what they are trying to demonstrate...that they can hit any place in the world and use different means of attack, so more unpredictable.  

Jerry Beck, I have to agree that we (we as humanity, not necessarily we as the US or any individual country) built a world in which these weapons are available and capable of being turned on our fellow human beings.  A friend said tonight that there is no place we can go today that we can feel safe from attack.  Not at school, not at church, not at the movies, not at an outdoor activity or sporting event, while shopping or using mass transportation.  And it's not necessary to be a prominent public person--schoolchildren, teachers, airplane passengers, moviegoers, shoppers, and college students have been killed for no reason other than being in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

• Like 1

...my main question however is why France? why them of all people. as I would think the english would have been the main target given their colonial history and imperial actions throught time. are they too well armored and paranoid to attack properly in their eyes?

and is this some sort of way to make up for the failed attempted attack on the train and to prove they can hit any place and anywhere to the parisians and the rest of the world? like this is egypt all over again?

Great post and excellent question. Why France? Could it be that based on research they recognized an open hole in the entire security system that was easy to infiltrate? Did geographical proximity have a role? Could this have been a disgusting trial test run to to evaluate the effectiveness for a future event on English soil? I don't think the answers are easy, neither is the grief. Or trying to understand the motivation for such horrific things. It has been a hard day for many people around the world. For me, it is one of those times more than ever I wish I could suddenly wake up in my childhood home in the country to find out it is actually 1983 again, and this has all been an extended nightmare of a sad bad dream. 

What a horrible world we built and grew into.

Mr. Beck, you said it best. Powerful words of truth in a single sentence. But there is still hope and love, and these are two things I hope we can all hold on to in one way or another.

• Like 1

Good points bluepearl!

We are all in the human race but the fanatical religious beliefs make it unruly. Any religion that is extreme is dangerous!

Christopher Hitchins and Karen Armstrong have written extensively on this. Good reading if you need your eyes opened.

This mess was caused by the French and British in1915 with Pico-Sykes and the Arabs are still angry. I feel bad for the death of innocence but the governments need to concede. This madness needs to stop.

Thanks for your comments guys. Appreciated.

Blue, you're right. Humans are the breed with the best working brain. That's what makes us able to do amazing things like art, music, poetry. Things animals just can't do. We're the breed Einstein, Picasso, Beethoven, Mother Theresa, Gandhi and tons of wonderful people with no name belong to.
The same intelligence and brain produced representations of hell on earth like the Holocaust or  - better said -  the many Holocausts. Torture, dictatures, any kind of horror made in the name of the power, or money or in the name of a God (including ours).

Not even the wildest beast do that.

I see what you mean Blue, and I agree. It's just my cynical nature who no longer believes in humans that much.

Kavinsky, as far as "Why France?" I think France is target N.1 cause they did the bomb attack in Syria, and they always agreed about a military action down there.
PS Yes it's me in the pic. Sooner or later I have to tell this guy: "Hey dude, stop copying me" ;-)

Vicegirl85, yes we as humanity are becoming less and less human. My friends know about my idea of progressive de-humanization of our human race. That's not the place where to start such a deep discussion, but I'm sure that each of you can look somewhere aroud him/herself, and agree with me.

DeepCover333, thanks very much for your comment.

And you're right: hope and love are the only things that can make this world a better one. Definitely.

• Like 3

These indiscriminate attacks are scary as hell and becoming far too common. We can't cower in fear to these people so we just have accept that there'll always be wackjobs out there who try to disrupt our society and there really isn't much you can do to stop these random attacks. It's pure bad luck and chance.

One of the things we've learned since 9/11 is that you can't beat extremism by force. The west's military presence in the middle east is one of the things that inspires vengeance among these people and they are almost justified when civilian families get inadvertently bombed by us.

The only way we can beat this threat is to get rid of Islam and other extreme beliefs and to raise the standard of living in the middle east.

As to why it was France, I guess they are an easy target being on mainland Europe. It would be harder to get through customs of the UK or US with weapons. 

• Like 3

all I can say is that people when their rased amongst horrble people can do things that would make all of us thown up and destroy ourselves out of angish and dispair from doing that.

as the nazi's proved that if its drilled in hard enough anyone can become a monster, or if their convinced enough to follow through with decisive and destructive orders that they can be turned into mass murders without even batting an eye.

as the thing I always remember hearing from his daughter was that Heinrich Himler was actually a nice guy, a pig farmer before the war, and in his enviroment, look what he turned into. and he even tried to cover it up and surrender germany in the final days of the war, showing no guilt whatsoever over his actions in the SS

so relgion and politics can turn anything and anyone into a monster if its used the wrong way. as both of those are double sided weapons that can be used for either good or evil.

and with these people, their xenophobes and technophobes who see a hedonist society that needs to be rangled back and put under control, and with russian arms and explosives left over from the afganistan war, that the russians spearheaded back in the 1980's, its turned into an explosive powder keg.

and its things like these that bring into sharp focus things we all heard about world war 2, the japanese Internment camps for instance, like the one George Taki was in growing up back then during the war.

as much like back then during the red scare, were going to see a repeat of those actions, with the syrians. and all you can do is be vigiliant and not let it get to you. as truth of the matter is none of us have control over the other lives around us, and to attempt it causes more damage than good, more often than not.

as I've often seen with our current president, hell his obama care idea to help everyone is going to cost my father 15 K large for an operation for my mother, as he has to pay 10 percent, even with working with a fine company that provides good health care, when 10 years ago for his open heart surgery he paid nothing, and the man is a living embodyment of the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

and the key is not to become him, is to just leave everybody alone and keep them on that side of the ocean, until a throught screening process can be accomplished to screen out the good from the bad. as we cant risk it at the present time.

or to maybe look into a voucher system of some sort, but when dealing with issues of this magnitude and polarized stances its hard to stay objective and to not reach the levels of Henrich Himler on either side of the field.. as unlike the jews of that time period, these people have actually done harm and we cant decipher the good from the bad until their on our own doorsteps.

and your can be damn sure there not going to tell us who to look out for until we get the extremist leaders on their side of the field out of power and out of action. as that's gotta be step one, contain, then attack and get the generals.

and then make damn sure its not left half done like it was the last time so that this doesnt happen again, as keep in mind what it must have been like for the americans in WW2 before they saw who the real german people were.

we were making propaganda like this after all.

3420083859_b67a6a8f83_o.jpg

and the war crimes that were done on our side, that could easily be redone in these cases.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malmedy_massacre

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chenogne_massacre

as vigilance must be taken not to make the same mistake, but this is why I stay keen on WW2 history and reading into it, truth of the matter is at any moment it can and will repeat itself.

but I think those are the 3 things the world is going to have to do, Contain, Attack, kill the generals and then set up our own powers at be to try and sort the place out. as its not sorting itself out by itself. its just getting worse.

and I wonder if this is going to be the Franz ferdinane of this centruy, almost precisely one century ago no less.

Edited by Kavinsky

One thing that annoys me is when government officials say "The war is against extremism and NOT Islam". Alright it wouldn't be fair to say they are synonymous but to deny there's any correlation between the two is incredibly naive. What do they think will happen when they wipe ISIS off the face of the Earth? As long as Islam exists it will inspire a new extremist group to pop up somewhere eventually as it's done for the last 1400 years.

People are afraid of offending others when criticising Islam has nothing to do with Racism. If I'm attacking the Qur'an for being outdated and barbaric then I'm criticising the ideas muslims believe and NOT who they are

It's worth noting that most Muslims I've met here in the UK have been very nice people and from what I can tell being muslim is part of their culture rather than actually believing the Qu'ran, which begs the question why can't they just adopt a new culture if they recognise it's shortcomings.

My suggestion is that if Muslims don't want to be lumped in with the extremists then they should amend the Qu'ran and take out all the the nasty stuff that conflicts with our secular society and then there'd be no confusion. You can't believe in Apostasy, gender inequality and the prohibition on freedom of expression and not be an extremist. It's preposterous. Islam being a religion of peace is an inversion of the english language.

Sorry for the rant. Just was watching the news and France bombing Syria is going to do jack all to solve the problem.

• Like 2

yeah what can you do in those situations, its up to them to come up with some way to differenciate the two, and to help us keep it from going down that route of Internment and deporation camps.

I mean we've all seen scarface and the camp that Tony was in, it could easily come to that again with them. as fear is a powerful weapon, and it can easily backfire and result in their destruction if people get angry enough.

and with what they just did, no matter what that Headmaster (the Presidental Moron) thinks, as he looks down at everyone like he's above us all, like he's a headmaster of a beligerent school, if they do it again, America's going to call for their heads, along with the rest of the world. and their gonna collect too, no matter what the fuckhead thinks and says we cant do about it.

and alot of innocent blood will be spilled because of it, and on the 101st aniversary of WW1 no less.

Edited by Kavinsky

The events of the 13th just goes to show the direct consequences of reckless, idiosyncratic foreign policy decisions of previous administrations of the 21st Century. There are two former leaders that should be languishing in prison now.

Edited by Tommy Vercetti

France should tread carefully and don't make rash decisions like Austria-Hungary did regarding Serbia in 1914. 

It wasn't the Serbian state that assassinated Archduke Ferdinand, it was one rebel. Likewise, it wasn't the Syrian state but ISIS that was responsible for this atrocity. We should learn from the mistakes of history

The events of the 13th just goes to show the direct effect of reckless, idiosyncratic foreign policy decisions of previous administrations.

good god damn point, one match into a powder keg of emotions and look what happened.

did I just get rick rolled? or rather should I say HE just got rick rolled.

and with Putin, its hard to say what is true and what is not, as he wants to go to war with anything and anyone to bring back his beloved motherland, truth of the matter is that theres probably private donators and collaborators all over Europe and here, such as in Belgium of which I was told by someone who lives there that theres just a smorgasbord of people living there and pulling in each and every other direction.

it doesnt mean its funded specifically and offically for that matter though, as you cant control what people think and feel no matter what is passed, although I must wonder though with current events does this mean that the French and the Russians are going to collaberate in the extermination of ISIS?

and wasnt there some musician, a high profile one that said he had just joined ISIS actually?

Edited by Kavinsky

You would've thought the US had learned by now.

Didn't the US fund the Vietnamese during world war 2 and they gave weapons to Iran during the Contra thing. How about not giving money/weapons to your enemies before you fight them, you morons.  ;(

I think that most of the people behind these decisions are not elected, their appointed by a set cabinet along with the said people who have been elected, much like the head of the EPA at present. Who refuses to give natural gas the light of day, yet will give any and all tax breaks to anyone who's got a few EV's

so most of us do not have direct control over these kind of decisions, and from what I understand the CIA in particular was behind arming the Taliban back in the late 1980's and their fight against the russians.

so theirs an oversight in who can be elected, and the people that get put in their with them.