Bogart Bloopers

Kavinsky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMlySgdl54w

and I fixed it free with old man God Damn it! lol

I found this as I had one of those weird inklings to just look something up, in this case Bogart himself, and I should mention with his cursing here this actually has a very good reason behind it.

back in this time period editing and cutting was extremely costly, and it stayed that way for a number of years latter as I remember reading that in particular with the avengers, on the avengers forever website that they actually left a blooper in one of the episodes, the 60's one with Dianna Rig and the late great patrick Macnee. although it was one of the really early episodes with Honor blackman I think

as it was something like a 100 pounds to take out a blooper was the figure given, and that was the early 60's, so that was pretty much a thousand bucks, so back then in the 1930's and 40's this was probably a serious cost, and with enough bloopers are chances are they would fire you for wasting so much of their money.

especially if you had an unforgiving director, hell I remember reading that with David Niven he in particular got lucky as his first director, knowing that he had an unexperenced actor on his hands just told him to go on and act, with no film in the camera so he could just get all of his nervious screw ups out of him before they actually did.

and my god that would have been the mother of all bloopers just based on how he put it in his book the Moon Is A Balloon. falling over tables and taking the drapes down with him lol all while trying to say all of his lines in one coheasive go lol

and now I gotta look up all those films to add them to the collection too lol hell the film that got me into black and whites was an old bogart film called Dark Passage too FYI

weirdest damn part though, I have the taxi drivers distinct leather mossaic jacket from that movie somehow, like cue the X files music on that one lol

1:24

Edited by Kavinsky
  • Like 1