summer84

This letter is really a piece of Miami Vice history. So cool! I would also have loved to read some of the letters Olivia's fan's wrote to her about the show and her character.

She was married to Mykelti Williamson according to IMDb from 1983 - 1985. And they both starred in the same 2 episodes of The Love Boat 1986.

And as we all know Mykelti was in two episodes of MV. Well..... ;)  I just found out that he also was in the episode Tale of The Goat.

muhd8o.jpg

Courtesy of Pink Flaming0

The Love Boat (TV Series) IMDb
Lois Hendrix - played by Olivia Brown

- Spain Cruise: The Matadors/Mrs. Jameson Comes Out/Love's Labors Found/Marry Me, Marry Me: Part 2 (1986) ... Lois Hendrix
- Spain Cruise: The Matadors/Mrs. Jameson Comes Out/Love's Labors Found/Marry Me, Marry Me: Part 1 (1986) ... Lois Hendrix

What can I say.... I love posting and sharing here with you guys and I really appreaciate the comments. :thumbsup:

According to IMDb Olivia and Mykelti met during Miami Vice 1984, but were married in 1983 so.... I'ts hard to tell.

MrsEvanFreed I remember once reading your "Dutch Oven" review about a little romance between Trudy and Crockett and I do have a photo of them I am going to post! I believe it's from season 5. And it's a fantastic rare image.

Edited by summer84

Nice piece of history and she definitely knows which side her bread is buttered on!!!

It is so nice when stars can reach fans on a personal level like this with appreciation. A  letter is such a small thing, but can have so much meaning

• Like 1

Nice piece of history and she definitely knows which side her bread is buttered on!!!

I think they all did then and of course are professionals as mvnyc mentioned, which you have to be in any job, but regardless of Olivia's position then I believe that she acted genuinely in the things she did.

Olivia is really down to Earth. She actually had an autograph book that she kept on the set (or brought to the set) to get autographs from all the stars, and famous people who guest stared on MIAMI VICE. I'd LOVE, just LOVE to see all the autographs she collected during the MIAMI VICE shows, and the MIAMI VICE era! I'd be worth some money!

• Like 1

Olivia is really down to Earth. She actually had an autograph book that she kept on the set (or brought to the set) to get autographs from all the stars, and famous people who guest stared on MIAMI VICE. I'd LOVE, just LOVE to see all the autographs she collected during the MIAMI VICE shows, and the MIAMI VICE era! I'd be worth some money!

Me too! In this thread I posted some time ago, Olivia "says she's working on a book chronicling her experiences on the show."

I think it's awesome, that one of the actors of Miami Vice has chosen to write about the show and give her fans an insight from her perspective. I can't wait!!!

And who knows, if she decides to include some of her autographs in there as well.

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1