VICE ASKED COLLINS TO RETURN

COOPER&BURNETT

Another SCRAPBOOK EXCLUSIVE!Phil Collins was asked to reprise his Phil the Shill character.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildWonder if the script was ever written, or was he just not able to fit it in his schedule.Eingefügtes Bild

• Like 1

jan hammer would definitely have re-hashed the phil the shill music for him, as he did with so many other season 2 songs in season 3 eps, and i would have LOVED IT!!!

I think it would have had great potential! He left with the money that couldn't be claimed, He was a free man once again, he was tv preaching with sarah, Stan wants to kill him, IZZy could help set up more cons.....Potential!Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

From what I've read, Phil was definitely up for a second go-around, but his schedule wouldn't permit for filming. Too bad, "Phil The Shill" is classic Vice and IMO one of the best of S2.

• Administrators

What a great story, Cooper&Burnett! I never heard of this before! :thumbsup:It would have been great - the return of Phil The Shill! COOP stated it already: Imagine how Stan would react if he'd ever get a chance to meet the sleezeball face to face again. Too bad that they didn't realized Phil's comeback. :cry:

Ell.a, you've not heard of this before because this is a .ws exclusive!Thank you for the compliments Ell.a!I would have liked to see these two together again.Eingefügtes Bild

WouldaShouldaCoulda?Too bad his schedule didn't permit it. I'm glad because I saw him in concert twice in one week! Once in Toronto and three days later in Buffalo NY.Concert tours overide TV I guess???By the way.........................IT WAS FABULOUS!

I saw PHIL COLLINS and GENESIS twice in one year. I went to the INVISIBLE TOUCH concert. I knew all the songs, and loved every minute!

• Administrators

I visited two concerts in one year as well, that was in 1982! Great show! Great band! :radio::dance:

I wish he would have actually made a full song of "RAT RACE" with new lyrics. It had great potential, and was a fun song!

Phil The Shill wouldn't have worked in any other season, other than Season 2 imo.His return wouldn't have worked, and was unneccessary. It's good as a stand-alone.

Phil The Shill wouldn't have worked in any other season' date=' other than Season 2 imo.His return wouldn't have worked, and was unneccessary. It's good as a stand-alone.[/quote']You may be right. I didn't care too much for Lombards return. It was too far remeoved from season one, and his son was a different actor too which sucked. If Phil came back at the START of season 3, then I can see it, otherwise, I'm with you.

• 6 years later...

That's interesting.  Considering the ending from "Phil the Shill", he and Sarah could have returned in the plot of Season 4's "Amen... Send Money".

• Like 2