The Future of Our Site!

Ferrariman

• Administrators

This is just a quick post to keep everyone informed of what's happening with our site.      

You may or may not remember a few years ago that our site almost came to an end when Chris' partner Juergen lost interest. At the time Chris stepped up to the plate and took over for which we will be forever grateful!  

Now, as I've always told our members who have temporarily left our site for one reason or another, life comes first.  With that said you've probably guessed that Chris has decided to move on. Well, yes and no. Family and work simply take up too much of Chris' time already and rather than shut down the site and lose years of hard work, Tim (Timm525) will take over as the new owner. Tim has devoted hundreds of hours and contributed quite a bit of money to keep us afloat the past few years which, in our opinion, makes him the logical choice to take over. Tim will be the new owner, James will still be our technical guru with Chris still onboard to help out as time permits and I will continue to do what I've always done. Run the forum and handle any problems that may arise within the membership.

The changes should be almost unnoticeable and everything we have will remain the same.  Just please be aware that it's possible the site may temporarily be down to make some of these changes and I will do my best to keep everyone up to date when and if this should happen.  Thanks in advance for your patience!

Ferrariman

• Like 6

Many thanks to Christian for his years of work and dedication!

Thank you also to Tim, James, and you--Ferrariman--for everything you do and for keeping the site going for all of us.

• Like 3

Thanks for keeping us up to date Lou.  Many thanks to Chris, Christian, Lou and others for your years of effort keeping Vice alive.

Question:  How to we send contributions to Tim, who I assume will be bearing the brunt of the cost involved?  If it hasn't been worked out, please let us know when it is. 

Thank you, Ferrariman for informing us about the changes.....and many thanks to the people who are keeping our MV site afloat!

I'll try to donate more often.

• Administrators

Hi gang!

Just wanted to let everyone know the board is in good hands and we are all still committed to having the best MV board on the net!

Jim, at some point we'll figure out the rerouting of the donations but we are all good for now and everything is paid up!

Thank you all!

• Like 2

• Administrators

We might lose a few posts though (including this thread) because the backup was from yesterday, besides that it should be seamless and hopefully all goes smoothly. 

The new server will also be much faster, I think the days of the site sometimes not loading will be over!

Maybe I can figure something out to backup the new posts after we've moved so we don't lose anything, we'll see.

• Like 3

• Administrators

I made a donation Saturday but it didn't show up on the donation list nor on my profile page.  I hope it didn't get lost in the shuffle!

FYI: for some reason donations sent in american dollars have to be manually confirmed in the system by Chris. If the donations are made in Euros, the system will do this automaticlly.

I will look and see if I can confirm it for you so it shows up and you get credit for it.

• Like 2

That is interesting about US $ donations.   I made a US$ donation last month and noticed that it hadn't been registered on my profile page as well.  Thanks for keeping this site alive!!  We MV fans have to stick together!

• Administrators

Team, I'm going to have to check with Chris and James on how to make these approvals show up. I'm not very familiar with this admin control panel as of yet. 

I know Chris is aware and it is not really an "issue" just the way the software is configured. Euros are automatic and dollars or other forms of payments he has set up are a manual confirmation. I just need to learn how to do this going forward. 

We will get it sorted out.

• Like 2

That's good news guys!

Tim will be a great site owner i believe.

The worst thing there can be that those tons of informations about Miami Vice are lost forever.

We all put so much effort into this great site.

Last but not least thanks to Christian aka our Captain for the years of great and outstanding work!

Edited by Christian
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Team, Chris has approved all donations made and James showed me how to do this going forward.

Everyone should have proper credit now. Please let us know if you don't.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Thanks to Christian and the new team taking over. I love this site! I check it out more often then I post. It's so great to rely on it after a long day.  I appreciate it so damn much!

• Administrators

I would like to send thanks to Chris as well - he has always been a great admin and site owner and a good partner!

Thanks for all the time you spent to keep this site alive for so long. :thumbsup::flowers:

I was a member on miamivide.de since 2003 or something like that and moved with Chris to miamivice.info and landed up here. Though I'm not a frequent user, I have always been a true member. My offer to the new old crew: If you like I will keep up my moderator work at the download section and the fact section (lots of html codes still broken because of the last or second last crash). But like Ferrariman stated before - there is a life "outside" - I will be here and continue work but not very often. If this is ok for you I will keep going on. :cool:  If not, please let me know.

• Like 2

• Administrators

I would like to send thanks to Chris as well - he has always been a great admin and site owner and a good partner!

Thanks for all the time you spent to keep this site alive for so long. :thumbsup::flowers:

I was a member on miamivide.de since 2003 or something like that and moved with Chris to miamivice.info and landed up here. Though I'm not a frequent user, I have always been a true member. My offer to the new old crew: If you like I will keep up my moderator work at the download section and the fact section (lots of html codes still broken because of the last or second last crash). But like Ferrariman stated before - there is a life "outside" - I will be here and continue work but not very often. If this is ok for you I will keep going on. :cool: If not, please let me know.

Absolutely!!! We are all greatfull for all you have done and continue to do. Many thanks to you.

Team, just to reiterate, I have no intentions of changing anything. We have a well oiled machine working here. The only difference is who's name is on the ownership of the domains and a who's going to be responsible for making sure the bills are paid.

• Like 1

Thanks for the information Ferrariman and thanks to Timm for taking over!

I will send a donation as well shortly when I get home from my trip. Timm could you pm me and let me know how |I can do this from Canada? Do I need to exchange to USD or will cc do?

• Administrators

I was a member on miamivide.de since 2003 or something like that and moved with Chris to miamivice.info and landed up here. Though I'm not a frequent user, I have always been a true member. My offer to the new old crew: If you like I will keep up my moderator work at the download section and the fact section (lots of html codes still broken because of the last or second last crash). But like Ferrariman stated before - there is a life "outside" - I will be here and continue work but not very often. If this is ok for you I will keep going on. :cool:  If not, please let me know.

Ell.a, except for you I can't think of anyone else who has been here as long as I have. Your dedication goes without saying and I 'm sure we all appreciate any time you can donate to help us!  Thank you!

• Like 1

Tim,

Can you also tell us in the US how to donate.    In the past I have donated VIA Paypal and I think it went straight to Chris's account because I got thank-you emails from his site address.  Thanks.

• Administrators

Tim,

Can you also tell us in the US how to donate.    In the past I have donated VIA Paypal and I think it went straight to Chris's account because I got thank-you emails from his site address.  Thanks.

Jim, I think the donation process with be the same, once everything is finalized we will just change the account info in the board's system and it will then be routed to my bank.

We will post when this is complete.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Hi, 

as you may have noticed, I'm not online very often in the past weeks. This is one reason why we're changing the server and Tim is going to be the #1 admin. 

Since March last year I'm president of my local sports club and this takes a lot of time. 

We already moved all the files to the new server and domain transfer is in progress. Everything will look like it is now. And the admin and mod crew will still be the same so everything should be all right.

I'd like to thank all the admin & mod crew members and all our forum members for all the good time we had. It was a lot of work, time and money during the past years we put into this community and because of this I'm very happy that Tim is taking care of our community.

I will still be admin in the future and support our crew as good as I can. 

• Like 8