Ferrariman

The Future of Our Site!

Recommended Posts

ViceFanMan
On 12/7/2015 at 6:25 AM, Ferrariman said:

     This is just a quick post to keep everyone informed of what's happening with our site.      

     You may or may not remember a few years ago that our site almost came to an end when Chris' partner Juergen lost interest. At the time Chris stepped up to the plate and took over for which we will be forever grateful!  

     Now, as I've always told our members who have temporarily left our site for one reason or another, life comes first.  With that said you've probably guessed that Chris has decided to move on. Well, yes and no. Family and work simply take up too much of Chris' time already and rather than shut down the site and lose years of hard work, Tim (Timm525) will take over as the new owner. Tim has devoted hundreds of hours and contributed quite a bit of money to keep us afloat the past few years which, in our opinion, makes him the logical choice to take over. Tim will be the new owner, James will still be our technical guru with Chris still onboard to help out as time permits and I will continue to do what I've always done. Run the forum and handle any problems that may arise within the membership.

 

     The changes should be almost unnoticeable and everything we have will remain the same.  Just please be aware that it's possible the site may temporarily be down to make some of these changes and I will do my best to keep everyone up to date when and if this should happen.  Thanks in advance for your patience!

 

Ferrariman

 

 

 

   

  

Ferrariman,

Life does sometimes come first and I get involved in other things--sometimes not really getting on the internet on a daily basis, but I never forget about this site! I remember some of the old-old days at Miami-Vice.org, and then this site was created. I've said this before and I'll say it again...this is the best, most informative, creative, interesting, amazing fansite dedicated to one of TV's most iconic shows! To you, Chris, and whoever else...thank you, always from the bottom of my heart! :thumbsup: I hope and pray this site continues. :D

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ferrariman

Thanks for the kind words!  I can't speak for anyone else but I can guarantee you that I'm not going anywhere. As long as this site exists, I'll be here!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dadrian
15 hours ago, Ferrariman said:

As long as this site exists, I'll be here!

You are a right there with the cast members for me--as MV as it gets! :thumbsup:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tony D.

As Michael Jackson sang it......"I'll Be There!"  :radio:

Where else can I enjoy re-living Miami Vice?  :thumbsup:

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Toliver-Lyons

ATTN EVERYONE: Just letting you know that I have been involved watching you guys grow from the start. I've been a part of this site for about five years now. I contributed some banner graphics back in the day to get you started. I also was in contact with PMT about doing a music collab a few years ago and I am in touch with his son PMT. Jr on social media. Congrats on the ownership. To let you know I LIVE in Miami, actually right near Gulfstream Racetrack & Casino of the iconic episode with Bill Russell. Anyway I have a YouTube show called Welcome To The Good LIfe dedicated to showing life in South Florida. My mother committed suicide in 2014 which is the motivation for the show and why I haven't been here in awhile. I thought it might be a good idea for us to collaborate and hopefully people can support it. We go hand in hand. I would love to do a episode dedicated to Miami Vice locations. Let me know. Here is the link to the show. My email address is toliverlyons@gmail.com

 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8-uKZKj50AbbDYaYj2Q5GA

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ViceFanMan
On 10/11/2016 at 8:42 PM, ViceFanMan said:

Ferrariman,

Life does sometimes come first and I get involved in other things--sometimes not really getting on the internet on a daily basis, but I never forget about this site! I remember some of the old-old days at Miami-Vice.org, and then this site was created. I've said this before and I'll say it again...this is the best, most informative, creative, interesting, amazing fansite dedicated to one of TV's most iconic shows! To you, Chris, and whoever else...thank you, always from the bottom of my heart! :thumbsup: I hope and pray this site continues. :D

 

On 11/6/2016 at 7:31 AM, Ferrariman said:

Thanks for the kind words!  I can't speak for anyone else but I can guarantee you that I'm not going anywhere. As long as this site exists, I'll be here!

You are always welcome! As silly or "corny" as this may sound...you have no idea how comforting your words are! :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt5

I like the new changes to the format of the site !

Thanks :hippie::tasse:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr. Calderon

I just would like to know....when im using the chrome browser for desktop computers...everytime i come here....i bump on Star Trek pictures posted by Kavinsky.....heck...is it supposed to be a Miami Vice site, right?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James
1 hour ago, Mr. Calderon said:

I just would like to know....when im using the chrome browser for desktop computers...everytime i come here....i bump on Star Trek pictures posted by Kavinsky.....heck...is it supposed to be a Miami Vice site, right?

If you're not logged in it displays those as the latest gallery images. I guess everything after that is private for members only for some reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr. Calderon
6 hours ago, James said:

If you're not logged in it displays those as the latest gallery images. I guess everything after that is private for members only for some reason. 

well...if the site becomes a star trek site if you are not logged in, its much worst...because it looks messed up or confused for someone who´s wanting to join....just my humble opinion as graphic / visual designer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James
11 hours ago, Mr. Calderon said:

well...if the site becomes a star trek site if you are not logged in, its much worst...because it looks messed up or confused for someone who´s wanting to join....just my humble opinion as graphic / visual designer.

Yeah I agree. I'll see what I can do with making some newer photos viewable. 

Edit: Should be fixed now. I allowed Guests to be able to view the episode screenshots and cast members areas of the gallery. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr. Calderon

thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now