Earlier Jan Hammer Stuff

MVfan

it might have been a night in heaven. i'd have to check the dates. i haven't watched that movie because the trailer on netflix shows the movie to be almost unbearable.as for the mp3 rip' date=' you're very welcome. i'm glad to have it myself!i watched the whole movie to see if there was anything else worth snagging while i was at it, and there was nothing that wasn't covered by noise or talking. i did however notice something i hadn't noticed the first time i watched it: in the scene where everyone gets caught making out, the music appeared in "the good collar" from season 3. the version in this movie is stripped down a bit, but the drums, bass, and guitar crunches are unmistakeable from that ep. way to recycle, jan :thumbsup:[/quote']When Michael writes a love letter, and shows it to Toni. When they discuss the letter, while in the pool, and he asks if she should write her another one, Toni flopps into the pool. At that moment, the theme is the EXACT SAME theme as his later theme for the UK's CHANCER THEME TV series.I asked ELLIOT SEARS on the phone about this, and said isn't there a copyright on the theme? Who owns it? The studio who put out SECRET ADMIRER or the UK studio who did CHANCER. He said he didn't know, and quickly changed the topic. Interesting.The FINALE THEME with the ALFA ROMEO at the end of SECRET ADMIRER has the same drum sequence and set up as the episode HOME INVADERS in VICE where they follow the bad guys to thier last destination in the vehicles. The notes in the theme is changed, but basic drum set up is the same.

When Michael writes a love letter' date=' and shows it to Toni. When they discuss the letter, while in the pool, and he asks if she should write her another one, Toni flopps into the pool. At that moment, the theme is the EXACT SAME theme as his later theme for the UK's CHANCER THEME TV series.The FINALE THEME with the ALFA ROMEO at the end of SECRET ADMIRER has the same drum sequence and set up as the episode HOME INVADERS in VICE where they follow the bad guys to thier last destination in the vehicles. The notes in the theme is changed, but basic drum set up is the same.[/quote']i didn't notice the chancer thing, but the bass drum pattern is a little different on the SA finale than the Home Invaders robbery sequence. they are the exact same samples, though.good ear coop! :radar::radio::clap::thumbsup:

Does anyone have a link to the Chancer song? I'm curious to hear it, since it sounds like it's the same as some of Jan's score from that scene in Secret Admirer that was mentioned.

Does anyone have a link to the Chancer song? I'm curious to hear it' date=' since it sounds like it's the same as some of Jan's score from that scene in Secret Admirer that was mentioned.[/quote']The melody is note for note the same. The background syths in SECRET ADMIRER'S version is better, with a faster pace and more more peppy. The CHANCER theme shares the same melody, but the background has a different sound, and the melody is played on a different keyboard. The CHANCER theme also adds the sound of sampled female voices in the background in some parts. Obviously, the CHANCER version is a full song, while the more VICE sounding version is shorter.I prefer the SECRET ADMIRER version. Perhpas NOFRETZ can sample the scene from the film so you can hear it if you haven't already...but it's got talking over it.

I know the scene you're referring to, and I think it would be difficult to sample since there is some conversation there. That's why I was curious to find a link to the Chancer theme, but it sounds like it's not as good as what was used in Secret Admirer. Interesting that he recycled and slightly modified that tune, though.