Back Online!

James

• Administrators

Hi guys,

we're now running our forum on IP.Board version 4. Upgrade was successful. I know it's new to you as well as to the admin/mod team.

So please be patient, logo banners, colors etc. will be back soon.

• Like 2

• Administrators
2 hours ago, KaeptnCaipi said:

Hi guys,

we're now running our forum on IP.Board version 4. Upgrade was successful. I know it's new to you as well as to the admin/mod team.

Sweet! You got it working! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

On ‎24‎-‎01‎-‎2016 at 9:35 AM, KaeptnCaipi said:

Hi guys,

Glad to see it's working!

Edited by summer84

6 minutes ago, airtommy said:

small criticism:  I don't like the small round avatars    :thumbsdown:

At least your sun now fits to the circle. :D:)

But seriously I liked the square avatars better too!

• Like 1

• Administrators

My beloved cat looks like he's in a bullseye! :D

As Chris said, we have a learning curve ahead of us with this new version but I'm sure in time we will get it looking as great as before.  :thumbsup:

I'm still looking for the Admin CP on this thing!  :o

• Like 1

• Administrators
3 hours ago, timm525 said:

My beloved cat looks like he's in a bullseye! :D

As Chris said, we have a learning curve ahead of us with this new version but I'm sure in time we will get it looking as great as before.  :thumbsup:

I'm still looking for the Admin CP on this thing!  :o

Click on your name, top right corner. Took me a while too.

Hi guys, I've been away for a while due to family issues, my father broke one spondyl and is forced to bed since one month. Not a happy xmas this time...

Other than that, I'm glad to see the Forum is back. I thank all the IT geeks and administrators here for doing such a task.

As far as the new interface, well, I liked best the old one: I tend to prefer square lines against round curves, and I think this new one is also a bit colder and... less 80s Hahaha!

Maybe is just a matter of getting used and it's definitely not a problem. What really matters in the end is keeping us connected and whatever does it, it's gonna work for me.

All the best, talk soon,

JB

PS The new system resurrected my old avatar, not bad either ;-)

YES! Great to be back.

Thanks to all of you hard workers who keep this site going through the thick and the thin.  This site is such an oasis for me.

Keep up the good work and thank you for all you do.

Previously, on the right side of the website home page and the main forum page we could see:

1. 10 most recently replied to topics
  2. 10 most recently started topics

Now, we can see:

1. 5 most recent replies
  2. 5 most recently started topics

I preferred 10 rather than 5, but the other subtle change is really more important.  Before, if a topic had 5 new replies, it was only one item on the list and other active topics were on the list, too.  Now, if the 5 most recent replies are in one topic, that's all we see.  The old way was better.  Would it be possible to change back?

Edited by airtommy

• Administrators
On 26/01/2016 at 5:43 PM, airtommy said:

How do I switch to plain text mode when editing or submitting posts?

Above that there's a button which says "Unread content", clicking that will show a list of new and unread posts and threads. That's a better way of viewing them, in my opinion.

• Administrators

I changed the latest replies and latest topics to 10. You can switch if you either want to see the latest replies or latest topics.

Please note: a topic is a new forum entry posted for the first time. Such as the one you are reading right now "Back online!". 

A reply is an answer to a (new) topic. If there are 10 replies to the same topic, the latest replies will all lead to the same topic.

19 hours ago, KaeptnCaipi said:

I changed the latest replies and latest topics to 10. You can switch if you either want to see the latest replies or latest topics.

Please note: a topic is a new forum entry posted for the first time. Such as the one you are reading right now "Back online!". 

A reply is an answer to a (new) topic. If there are 10 replies to the same topic, the latest replies will all lead to the same topic.

Thank for switching to 10 instead of 5.  That's much better.

With the old forum software, viewing "latest replies" did not show the latest 10 replies.  It showed the 10 topics most recently replied to.  Is it possible to switch back to the old mode?

• Administrators
5 hours ago, airtommy said:

Thank for switching to 10 instead of 5.  That's much better.

With the old forum software, viewing "latest replies" did not show the latest 10 replies.  It showed the 10 topics most recently replied to.  Is it possible to switch back to the old mode?

Click on "Replies" at the top of it. You can switch between replies and topics at any time.

ca389cb1d4.png