Episode #96 "Line Of Fire"

Ferrariman

Off-topic, and from that 9/27/2021 comment: that server (her name is Joy; she's been out with a bad back lately, just talked to her on Sunday & Monday. Cool gal!), along with talking about the two guys in suits, she also mentioned that Colleen said she's been working here for 9 years, and it's the cleanest the bar floor has ever looked. That was my introduction to the legendary Colleen, who I am in love with:happy::D=), as i've mentioned a few times ("Crush Course" has evolved since  then for sure). This whole low-key romance dance that we do essentially began that night. Colleen!

2 hours ago, sdiegolo78 said:

Anyone noticed the Quintero case DA prosecutor is the same actor as Caroline's new husband?!?

Yes! Bob certainly gets around, which is something none of us likely anticipated (this angers Crockett).

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, fakespyder said:

Any episode where Sonny touches on his motives for doing what he does I tend to enjoy. It gives his character room to stretch. His disgust at the system crumbling. His self-deprecation when Tubbs points out how similar he is to the kid. And his response to Joey's questions:

"That's what it's about? Trust your partner"  "That's all there is kid"

"Why do you do it?" "Make the world safe...for children"

I love those two lines as well (especially the one about children); that whole scene w/ Crockett & Hardin is an episode highlight for me, along with Hardin sharing with Crockett his dad's backstory.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eillio Martin Imbasciati said:

Yes! Bob certainly gets around, which is something none of us likely anticipated (this angers Crockett).

yeah, whatever he does, it angers Crockett :)

Director:  Richard Compton!  
Compton is a Vice-worthy, Vice-reliable director.  He's "Vice Peeps", Vice-skilled.  
LOL, that's not saying you're always going to love EVERY episode he does.  But we will always find ourselves posting the phrases you have been posting on this episode "...actor did a great job"...,  "...always enjoyed this episode...",  "..clear Tubb's+Crockett comraderie in this episode...",    "...this episode had some of the best visuals of the season..."

I'm not always so willing to believe it, but it's true what they often say, that it's the Director who really shapes the character of the end product.  That guy Compton....he's gets his "Vice" down right.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

I tend to like attaching/assigning music to my visual memory, this way it is easier to me to recall those remarkable moments I have seen on TV or on a big screen . The way Vice(MTV Cops) used these opportunities in the earlier seasons, helped the viewer bond these songs with the particular scene.

In the latter seasons fewer licensed music were assigned to the show, and they were usually used for shorter periods of time, so they couldn't contribute to the mood of an episode as much as before.

In my view "Layla" is a great example for what I have described, that is why I edited this video.  A great great song which weren't used so effectively to shape this episode.

Sidenote : I love how they used "Only the good die young" by Iron Maiden in this scene, and I love that song too. :)

Edited by Kalci

• 7 months later...

CROCKETT: Cantero pushes more flake than Tony the Tiger and we're the ones on trial here. 

That must be one of the greatest lines in all the series!  :):):)

Edited by johnnyfarragut
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 months later...