Miami Vice selected as theme for the 2016 Miami Boat Show

Scarab KV

Miami Vice at the Miami International Boat Show this year.
The opening credits music is the selected theme for the show along with the #1 Scarab and Daytona on display.

We were contacted through our Vice Scarab fb page last August by a firm out of Indy that was looking to locate one of the original boats to be on display at the show.
I put them in touch with the current owner of the boat at the time, who didn't show much interest. What I wasn't aware of at the time, was he had a pending sale on the boat in progress.

The new owner is displaying the boat along with his Daytona, which he recently purchased from JN

5-705x470.jpg

car2-705x470.jpg

Edited by Scarab KV
  • Like 7

I'm in WY right now headed to TX. Too bad I am working as I would have liked to see that!

I missed the Toronto Boat show this year but I heard from friends that it was the same old....same old.

I would love to get down to the Miami show someday.

My buddy drove the Neptunis down for sale there. It will be the 72' footer. They are built right across from my Marina in St.Catharines but are shipped down for the show as they sell better there because of course there is the largest market!

Here are a couple of examples of Neptunis right across from my boats.

DSC02749.jpg

Looking GOOD!!!

I wonder if she ever kept her Scarab? She was one of three stars who accepted one from Wellcraft

Edited by Stinger390X

Miami Vice Boat and Series Star Olivia Brown to Headline the Miami International Boat Show Feb. 11 - 15

Boat Show attendees will be able to meet Ms. Brown, get autographs, take photos and purchase a charitable raffle benefitting Women In Distress, which helps provide emergency shelter and services for battered women.  Raffle winners will get a ride on the Miami Vice boat with Ms. Brown followed by lunch with the actress.

On The Miami Vice boat with Olivia, how cool!!!

More on the link

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/miami-vice-boat-and-series-star-olivia-brown-to-headline-the-miami-international-boat-show-feb-11---15-300218961.html

• Like 2

11 hours ago, summer84 said:

Miami Vice Boat and Series Star Olivia Brown to Headline the Miami International Boat Show Feb. 11 - 15

Boat Show attendees will be able to meet Ms. Brown, get autographs, take photos and purchase a charitable raffle benefitting Women In Distress, which helps provide emergency shelter and services for battered women.  Raffle winners will get a ride on the Miami Vice boat with Ms. Brown followed by lunch with the actress.

On The Miami Vice boat with Olivia, how cool!!!

More on the link

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/miami-vice-boat-and-series-star-olivia-brown-to-headline-the-miami-international-boat-show-feb-11---15-300218961.html

Interesting. The author makes it sound as though he has one of the show cars. though this is JN's car, I believe.

"Martino went out and bought the original Vice fast boat," said one analyst.  "He bought the Vice Ferrari, secured original Vice cast member Olivia Brown and is in discussion with the other cast members to bring them back.  Nobody's has ever gotten this far."  And he is the "number one Vice fan"?

Still it is cool to have a replica Daytona and one of the original Scarabs there at the same time with one of the actual cast members. Looking forward to seeing pics of the boat show.

• Like 2

2w5rgww.jpg

The Miami Boat Show on Twitter

Happy 30th anniversary Miami Vice! RT if you grew up watching Crockett and Tubbs! #MiamiBoatShow #FlashbackFriday

Video:

http://miamiherald.com/news/business/article59879486.html  Video With Olivia Brown and David Martino.   So Awesome!!! :cool:

Added - http://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/article59879486.html Miami International Boat Show Shows off its new home.

It says from post 1 by Scarab KV - "The new owner is displaying the boat along with his Daytona, which he recently purchased from JN."

I'm also looking forward to the pics! In addition to the ones that have already been posted on Twitter and Instagram.

Edited by summer84
  • Like 2

Why am I having such a hard time remembering an episode with Trudy in the Scarab?  There's gotta be one. Or maybe there isn't.

Just so damn cool...I wish I could get down to the boat show.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CharlieGlide said:

Why am I having such a hard time remembering an episode with Trudy in the Scarab?  There's gotta be one. Or maybe there isn't.

Just so damn cool...I wish I could get down to the boat show.

Trudy is briefly seen in the Scarab in the episode "Missing Hours" with Tubbs, Chris Rock (Carson) and Crockett. Towards the ending right before the houseboat explodes from where she was rescued by Tubbs and Crockett. I believe that's the only episode with Trudy in the Scarab. :)

Although it wasen't the same Scarab boat as the one at the Miami boat show. It was Scarab boat 3. According to miami vice.wikia: "Starting with Season 4, a third boat was introduced that had several more obvious differences when compared to boats one and two, namely a silver hull below the waterline (as opposed to white) and a pair of double searchlights fitted on top of the arch."

• Like 3

Almost thirty years since the show Miami Vice ended......The boat, the replica Daytona and with Olivia Brown "Trudy". It's incredible!

Love the pics! Thank you for sharing with us Scarab KV from the boat show. :cool:

Even though it's not the car that was used on Miami Vice, had to add that I still think the whole event is great!!!

I must admit for me the whole (car issue) made me confused, even from reading the Thread - The Ferrari Daytonas of Miami Vice.

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1