Daytona Spyder

Bigsarg

I am not being rude or disrespectful. So don't kill the messenger. 

A fan of the show. Not a hard core fan. Not a member of the forum (didn't know of the forum) But a baby boomer that loved vice in the day. This fan represents a lot of the 400,000 people that went to the show. Said that this guy has more proof than anyone on the forum. I showed him thread after thread, statement after statement. But he said that's just some on line furum with 5800 members. They have no proof. If he was going to buy the car. Mind you he bought a new 38 ft sailboat at the show. Remember he represents the baby boomers at the show. He had Trudy tell him it was in the show. It is in the newspaper. It is in the advertisement for the boat show. It is on his web site. Which to this fan is worth more than this forum. Because he is out in public saying it. Not in the shadows (as this fan said) whispering it. He would believe it to be true. I think this fan is a representation of probably 99.99% of the people that were touched by this guy. Oh and the only reason it's not 100% is because I was there and know the truth. So he has rewritten the history of these cars and his facts will trump the truth. (At least in the minds of everyone else).

i believe the truth to be as it has been proven here in this forum. However I think I am the only one that was at the boat show that knew the truth. 

If he only does this one time it is a lot. But he told a fan that he would be showing his exhibit often. I hope that he doesn't or even that he can't.

Sorry to be the messenger. 

10 hours ago, Bigsarg said:

I am not being rude or disrespectful. So don't kill the messenger. 

A fan of the show. Not a hard core fan. Not a member of the forum (didn't know of the forum) But a baby boomer that loved vice in the day. This fan represents a lot of the 400,000 people that went to the show. Said that this guy has more proof than anyone on the forum. I showed him thread after thread, statement after statement. But he said that's just some on line furum with 5800 members. They have no proof. If he was going to buy the car. Mind you he bought a new 38 ft sailboat at the show. Remember he represents the baby boomers at the show. He had Trudy tell him it was in the show. It is in the newspaper. It is in the advertisement for the boat show. It is on his web site. Which to this fan is worth more than this forum. Because he is out in public saying it. Not in the shadows (as this fan said) whispering it. He would believe it to be true. I think this fan is a representation of probably 99.99% of the people that were touched by this guy. Oh and the only reason it's not 100% is because I was there and know the truth. So he has rewritten the history of these cars and his facts will trump the truth. (At least in the minds of everyone else).

i believe the truth to be as it has been proven here in this forum. However I think I am the only one that was at the boat show that knew the truth. 

If he only does this one time it is a lot. But he told a fan that he would be showing his exhibit often. I hope that he doesn't or even that he can't.

Sorry to be the messenger. 

George Barris, who built the original TV Batmobile, shilled for the "original Miami Vice Daytona" in the video on one of these links for a car that is not even close in appearance.  People continue to advertised their Daytona Replica as one of the show cars, "maybe" to dodge an legal claims.  It seems like to me that this guy has carefully crafted his advertising to skirt the issue, and then runs his mouth in person.  One of the reasons I put so much energy into the history of the show cars was that there were so many myths and misrepresentations out there.

Bigsarg, don't let all this get you down.  The same thing happens with moon rocks, and just about everything else.  But take some satisfaction that you know the real truth.  Like when I worked undercover, I could take satisfaction (at least in my head) that I knew the real deal. 

And if he really makes you mad, Go-pro him, ask him some of the detailed questions that you can find the answers to on this site, and then expose him for what he is on YouTube!

When it came to the boat, he avoided Tom and I like the plague. 

Was fun watching him squirm when knowledgeable people asked him questions :)

He knew of the boat that had been to Volo, yet he chose to promote his as the only boat ever used amongst other fictitious claims.

As quoted on the offshore forums 

"Checked out his site. Definitely a tool. Sad that the boat will be exploited for nothing more than personal ego and a few passing attempts to get laid. 

Once his schtick runs cold, perhaps he'll sell it for less than the perceived value"

He took a beating from those who count in the last couple pages of a thread on the purchase of our boat

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/332949-miami-vice-season-2-scarab-changes-hands.html

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 2/17/2016 at 11:39 PM, Scarab KV said:

When it came to the boat, he avoided Tom and I like the plague. 

Was fun watching him squirm when knowledgeable people asked him questions :)

He knew of the boat that had been to Volo, yet he chose to promote his as the only boat ever used amongst other fictitious claims.

As quoted on the offshore forums 

"Checked out his site. Definitely a tool. Sad that the boat will be exploited for nothing more than personal ego and a few passing attempts to get laid. 

Once his schtick runs cold, perhaps he'll sell it for less than the perceived value"

He took a beating from those who count in the last couple pages of a thread on the purchase of our boat

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/332949-miami-vice-season-2-scarab-changes-hands.html

This is totally gonna sound rude, but it truly isn't meant with any malice, so I apologize before I even start, but where do the pages start where the lashings take place? I'm running off 2 hours of sleep and 29 pages is an awful lot for me at the moment to sift through

Well all in all it's sad that this poser at the show has to stoop to such deceptions.

A smart and savvy consumer would probably see right through him. Regarding boats, there are only 12 Chris Crafts in existence. I own one but NOT the show boat. As for the Scarab, I was told there were about 638 or something like that in many different colour schemes built over a six year period.

The Cars...well we here know there were a few but really...does it matter what a bold faced liar says. I have looked at many Daytona's and two people even said to my face it was the real car when I knew it wasn't. This was a few years ago when JN still owned his.

I had to laugh as one time I went to look at a 1970 Challenger in Brantford Ontario. I pulled up to the house and the guy came out and started the car for me. He revved it up to close to five grand a number of times and then proceeded to tell me everything he had done to the engine. I knew he was lying as there is no such thing as a "Three quarter lift cam" I was waiting for him to tell me he had heavy duty piston return springs!

On the dash was a silver plaque that said "Vanishing Point 6 seconds" I asked him what that meant and proceeded to go into a tall tale of the cars movie history and that it was the speed of the car. I asked him what it could do in the quarter mile and he could not correlate the quarter mile speed and time to the "Vanishing Point"

My point is: there are goobers everywhere in the world. Just snicker to yourself and say it was a days experience and you had a good laugh at someone's expense.

I do empathize with Bigsarg as there are those out there who are duped and then will be free of their hard earned dollar by a huxter like this liar we are talking about..

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stinger390X said:

Well all in all it's sad that this poser at the show has to stoop to such deceptions.

A smart and savvy consumer would probably see right through him. Regarding boats, there are only 12 Chris Crafts in existence. I own one but NOT the show boat. As for the Scarab, I was told there were about 638 or something like that in many different colour schemes built over a six year period.

The Cars...well we here know there were a few but really...does it matter what a bold faced liar says. I have looked at many Daytona's and two people even said to my face it was the real car when I knew it wasn't. This was a few years ago when JN still owned his.

I had to laugh as one time I went to look at a 1970 Challenger in Brantford Ontario. I pulled up to the house and the guy came out and started the car for me. He revved it up to close to five grand a number of times and then proceeded to tell me everything he had done to the engine. I knew he was lying as there is no such thing as a "Three quarter lift cam" I was waiting for him to tell me he had heavy duty piston return springs!

On the dash was a silver plaque that said "Vanishing Point 6 seconds" I asked him what that meant and proceeded to go into a tall tale of the cars movie history and that it was the speed of the car. I asked him what it could do in the quarter mile and he could not correlate the quarter mile speed and time to the "Vanishing Point"

My point is: there are goobers everywhere in the world. Just snicker to yourself and say it was a days experience and you had a good laugh at someone's expense.

I do empathize with Bigsarg as there are those out there who are duped and then will be free of their hard earned dollar by a huxter like this liar we are talking about..

Hey Stinger, I read up somewhere that you were passing through Texas, Kemah I'm guessing. There's another guy out there with a boat, I think a SCARAB and I was just gonna say that if you're ever in Texas around the Houston area or cities near it, let me know and I can see your boat! 

2 minutes ago, codemaster94 said:

Hey Stinger, I read up somewhere that you were passing through Texas, Kemah I'm guessing. There's another guy out there with a boat, I think a SCARAB and I was just gonna say that if you're ever in Texas around the Houston area or cities near it, let me know and I can see your boat! 

I am in TX all the time. Just came out of San Antonio two days ago and will be back in the area next week again. I travel a lot for work.

As for my boat, I am not dragging it around the country all the time, I am working. In the summer I spend all my spare time on the boat in Lake Ontario and once in while I trailer it over to Lake Erie for special events such as "Pottahawk" (google that for explanation)

You are more than welcome my friend to come and see me in the summer at my Marina and I would be glad to give you a ride on my Stinger. I go out almost every day anyway, so company would be nice. We have wonderful beaches, historic destinations, great marina restaurants and Toronto is only 28 minutes by boat! Lots of places to go by water.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Stinger390X said:

I am in TX all the time. Just came out of San Antonio two days ago and will be back in the area next week again. I travel a lot for work.

As for my boat, I am not dragging it around the country all the time, I am working. In the summer I spend all my spare time on the boat in Lake Ontario and once in while I trailer it over to Lake Erie for special events such as "Pottahawk" (google that for explanation)

You are more than welcome my friend to come and see me in the summer at my Marina and I would be glad to give you a ride on my Stinger. I go out almost every day anyway, so company would be nice. We have wonderful beaches, historic destinations, great marina restaurants and Toronto is only 28 minutes by boat! Lots of places to go by water.

The likelihood that I'll travel to Canada just to ride in a boat and share hospitality with a fellow Vice-a-holic is probably slim to none, I'm afraid...Thanks anyways though pal, and whenever you do go to the Houston area and you're not busy, get in touch with me and we'll hang out and swap Vice stories! Thanks pal!

Too bad codemaster94 as Niagara is a tourist destination for worldwide interests. Lots to see and do!

Next time I'm near Dalls I'll let you know and you can show me a good place for BBQ and a beer and we can swap stories.

ttyl.....

• Like 1