"Mirror Image" tie...

RaoulAngel

Hello all!  New to the forum here.  Love Miami Vice, I actually use it as a beacon for the clothing I wear a lot.  On that note I hope someone here can help.  In "Mirror Image" when Burnett was at the party, talking with Guttierez at the pool bar, he is wearing all white, and a grey/white tie with an intricate zigzag type pattern on it.  I have been collecting ties for nearly 25 years now, and I still cannot find that tie?  Does ANYONE know who it is made by, and how I can get that pattern?? I figure someone here might have the inside track on it.  I tried getting a pic of it so I could reproduce it (I make ties too) but I cannot get a hi res enough shot.  I attached a pic of it for you guys to remember it.

Thanks!

tie2.jpg

• Like 1

I know nothing about the clothing of Miami Vice, so I can't help you.  I do think that tie is primo.  Whenever I watch the Burnett arc, I admire the ties he wore.  They're my favorite style.  I'd be shocked to find out they aren't Italian.

Welcome to the forum! That's a very beautiful tie and a rather unique design - which will make it quite hard to dig one up some twenty-eight years later. No clue what make that could be. If there's someone around here who might happen know I guess it's Cooper&Burnett, as he has the most stunning collection of MV clothing and accessories on this planet.

I wish you good luck finding it.

The Episode says that "some" wardrobe provided by HUGO BOSS, and I looked at everything available by them since the 60's but while they have some great stuff (some of which I have purchased) this eludes me, if it indeed is one of theirs..

Is there a record somewhere of every designer used in the show?  By season maybe, or just in general?  My goal is to find this tie by the end of this year, cost not being an issue..

Well, I just went through every available style by Gianni Versace, came up with this.  I bought it, but it's not exact, so still looking.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/255927596/sale-now-20-was-30-vintage-versus-by?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=Gianni%20Versace%20tie&ref=sr_gallery_40

versace1.jpg

Edited by RaoulAngel

Well, I've been through the entire available Armani line that is visible on the internet, and so far did not find it.  I will have to look again in a few days when new listings pop up.