101 Miami Squeeze

C Glide

Working on this episode now. Wondering if anyone has info on the theater used in several scenes. I strongly suspect that these scenes were filmed inside the Cameo theater. Anyone have or can come up with interior photos of the Cameo showing areas they used in the ep would be a great help. Or any other info.

Best source for such kind of info that I found when looking for unknown VICE clubs or 80s interior pics is this:

http://www.discomusic.com/clubs-more/13621_0_6_0_C/

they have a video including interior scenes from cameo theater at the beginning of the 90s. For my taste the interior is much too big for the club shown in Miami Squeeze.

• Like 1

There is a couple of things that don't exactly match up but I want to investigate because they filmed in the alley across the way. The room used for  DeMaria's room is clearly a projection room for a theater. The rounded shape to one side matches the Cameo as do some other structural details. There are some details that don't match like the number of panes in the window. Not sure about the theater seating that we see as to that matching or when it was removed from the Cameo. It's a possibility but so far, far from confirmed. I will check out your link, thanks.

wp9512388a_05.jpg

This is the Central Falls Bar / Restaurant / Gallery located at 478 West Broadway, New York City.

Squeeze.png

During my searches, I stumbled across an interesting anecdote.  Apparently, this art gallery is only a couple of blocks from the spot where the cover for Paul Simon's album "Still Crazy After All These Years" was photographed:

http://www.popspotsnyc.com/stillcrazy/

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, airtommy said:

wp9512388a_05.jpg

This is the Central Falls Bar / Restaurant / Gallery located at 478 West Broadway, New York City.

Squeeze.png

During my searches, I stumbled across an interesting anecdote.  Apparently, this art gallery is only a couple of blocks from the spot where the cover for Paul Simon's album "Still Crazy After All These Years" was photographed:

3 hours ago, airtommy said:

I'm having trouble identifying the background buildings in the opening shot of this episode.  And that seawall is bothering me.

wp9e353a52_05.jpg

Makes one think of the S. side of Dodge Island before Fisher Is. was fully developed.  From there it is a straight shot to the mouth of the Miami River but this might be too easy..

Yes, the foreground is definitely the Port, with all the containers.  But in the background on the right is a large building and on the left are two smaller buildings.

1 hour ago, airtommy said:

Yes, the foreground is definitely the Port, with all the containers.  But in the background on the right is a large building and on the left are two smaller buildings.

Maybe it's a building on Terminal Island or the Coast Guard Base and the camera just makes it look closer than it actually is?  We have seen this phenomenon before in Tale of the Goat and other episodes.   Historicalaerials.com shows some small buildings on Dodge Island.

Edited by miamijimf

I've identified the building in the opening shot.  It's called "South Pointe Towers".

Squeeze2.png

Squeeze5.png

Squeeze4.png

I haven't identified these buildings:

Squeeze3.png

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 0:28 AM, airtommy said:

wp9512388a_05.jpg

Squeeze.png

Awesome. I was too fixated on LA to find this. I recall seeing the name in my search but blew right past it because it was in NY. I will have to go by there and get a picture next time I go to NY. Awesome work again. Thanks for letting me/us know.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, airtommy said:

I've identified the building in the opening shot.  It's called "South Pointe Towers".

Squeeze2.png

Squeeze5.png

Squeeze4.png

I haven't identified these buildings:

Squeeze3.png

okay so that means that that it has to be Brickell Key. The cut by Australia way (eastern most) matches up (now filled in) where we see the ship tied up pointing out, perpendicular to Dodge Island.

• Like 2

I will have to put it on my higher def machine tomorrow if I get a chance, to look at the buildings more clearly. I should have done that before.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

When they have a drug deal that turns out to be a setup of Castillo, I am extremely confident someone will find this location.  It is clearly not an ordinary warehouse property.  It is a water or chemical treatment plant or something of that nature.  Notice all of the heavy-duty pipes and drums: 

Squeeze6.png

Squeeze7.png

We know the layout enough to find it by satellite.  First the two cars come down a long driveway between two walls.  

Squeeze8.png

Then the driveway turns to the right (the camera's left) for a short stretch.

Squeeze9.png

So, it's an L-shaped driveway.  I haven't found anything that matches, but we'll get it eventually.

Edited by airtommy

• 3 years later...

Interesting to rewatch the teaser of this 1989 episode and how the first time in the Series we see them come out from the Port and head towards the Brickell Key bridge (one scene was filmed from the bridge even seeing the curve in the boardwalk, which is still there). They filmed in the water in front of the Intercontinental/ Citi Bank (Back in the World / One Eyed Jack) and opposite (Red Tape) but not on the stretch up to the bridge - Interesting location from this episode.

72D5FD38-1B87-46D1-AA4B-AC012738D452.jpeg

6FDEFB38-C280-4A67-B831-A82DA864597C.jpeg

15FF4F6E-8C54-4612-B239-3412DE51BB44.jpeg

FBA4CF0C-D19C-40DA-982B-3AF8BBB089E5.jpeg

95367221-0615-4C61-82CA-239C73A67232.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/26/2016 at 12:28 AM, airtommy said:

wp9512388a_05.jpg

Central Falls is featured in Glenn Frey's "You Belong To The City" video.  Starting at 2:34 the woman gets out of a cab and goes inside Central Falls, then Glenn Frey walks by the place and goes in.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, haroldg49 said:

Trying to identify the episode with interior filmed on Kane Concourse art gallery

None that we know of.  Tell us more!

• 1 month later...

I watched this ep recently and was „shocked“ how many unknown locations there are: the cafe at the beginning, the small theater, the shooting range, the plant, Ross‘ house at the end.

I did some searching yesterday for the plant. „Very unsatisfactory“ Ross would say. All plants that I found from the obvious ones (water plant on Virginia Key and water plant east of North Dade Justice building) to the smaller ones around Miami River where they also filmed for this episode and near the airport turned up nothing despite the unique layout with the two parallel walls as indicated by airtommy further up here.

Is there any other oil refinery or other plant in Greater Miami that i missed? I did not find any single oil refinery for example?!

Another annoyance is Ross home. A unique wall with round hole at the street front, an inner yard and a pink colored house with an entrance similar to the one of the Judges house in Contempt of Court on Flamingo Drive. My hunch says Key Biscayne as I still can’t believe that they just moored Woods boat and filmed the helicopter scene there (apart from the Jimbo scenes). This they could have done elsewhere too and Key Biscayne is quite a travel for 4 scenes.

CGlide speculated earlier about the Cameo Theater in Miami Beach. Too big interior for my taste. What we see in this ep is a very small „underground“ theater with less than 100 seats and no big open area. The Cameo even had a big stage and night club inside.

everybody is invited to join me searching. That must be the ep with the most single locations unidentified! 

Edited by Tom
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Tom said:

Another annoyance is Ross home. A unique wall with round hole at the street front, an inner yard and a pink colored house with an entrance similar to the one of the Judges house in Contempt of Court on Flamingo Drive. My hunch says Key Biscayne as I still can’t believe that they just moored Woods boat and filmed the helicopter scene there (apart from the Jimbo scenes). This they could have done elsewhere too and Key Biscayne is quite a travel for 4 scenes.

Because of the banyan tree and other heavy vegetation, I think the house is most likely in Coconut Grove or south of there.

The shimmering light reflections mean there must be a swimming pool in front of the house.  That's fairly unique (they're usually in the back) and will help narrow down the search.  Most places won't allow you to build a property wall that tall, I think, but I've seen them in Coconut Grove.  The arched openings in the wall are also fairly unique.

miasq1.png.27c8dce1cfc0ec8ade296f7ec9fb8b99.png

miasq2.png.50fdd25e96a6eef321a498b74a1c3d1e.png

• Like 1