Edward James Olmos, dressed as Crockett

MTVcops

LOL !   I think he looks much better dressed as Castillo. His black hair & moustache clash with the pink shirt & white suit. He's a Crockett, wannabe.

• Like 3

Well, I could be wrong about this but I thought I remember reading that he did say he wanted the role of Crockett when he auditioned, so I guess this is as close as he got.  I'm glad it went to Don Johnson, I think the character of Sonny Crockett would've taken a different direction if Olmos had gotten the part...

Edited by mvnyc
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

This is so great.  I was in high school and we got the LA Times at my house when this came out.  This was the exact same time I was blown away by how Miami Vice was so different from anything on television. I had two major weekly traditions in my life at that time:  Watching Miami Vice and reading the Sunday LA Times, which featured the now discontinued LA Times Magazine.

Thanks for posting the pic. 

• Like 1

On 4/1/2016 at 4:42 PM, summer84 said:

I wonder, why he dressed up as "Crockett" and not "Castillo".

I think this meant to be EJO off set and this is how he dressed at times . He looks better all in black 

In Season 4s "Indian Wars" he played the main role and was in a white suit looked a bit odd - but its nice to have a change sometimes:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
On 3/19/2016 at 6:58 PM, mvnyc said:

Well, I could be wrong about this but I thought I remember reading that he did say he wanted the role of Crockett when he auditioned, so I guess this is as close as he got.  I'm glad it went to Don Johnson, I think the character of Sonny Crockett would've taken a different direction if Olmos had gotten the part...

When was that? Can you find the article/source?

6 hours ago, sdiegolo78 said:

When was that? Can you find the article/source?

The magazine cover looks like it says June 22, 1985.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2016 at 2:24 PM, Tony D. said:

LOL !   I think he looks much better dressed as Castillo. His black hair & moustache clash with the pink shirt & white suit. He's a Crockett, wannabe.

true! light colors suit DJ better cause he's got sandy hair.

• Like 1