Episode 43 - Trust Fund Pirates

airtommy

On 2/7/2018 at 7:29 PM, airtommy said:

CGlide figured out that the scene where Jackson goes to the drug den was filmed in the abandoned Biscaya Hotel.  But do we know if the exterior setup shot was Biscaya?  CGlide does not mention that shot.  It looks like a 4 story building, but it's so dark it's hard to tell for sure.  I brightened up this screencap but that didn't help much.  The fire escape on the front of the building seems out of place for Miami.

trustbiscaya2.jpg

1 hour ago, airtommy said:

just want to alert @C Glide to this

I got no response from him about my Dale Menton’s apartment discovery. Maybe he’s on the prowl for some new info. :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, airtommy said:

just want to alert @C Glide to this

On 8.2.2018 at 1:29 AM, airtommy said:

CGlide figured out that the scene where Jackson goes to the drug den was filmed in the abandoned Biscaya Hotel.  But do we know if the exterior setup shot was Biscaya?  CGlide does not mention that shot.  It looks like a 4 story building, but it's so dark it's hard to tell for sure.  I brightened up this screencap but that didn't help much.  The fire escape on the front of the building seems out of place for Miami.

trustbiscaya2.jpg

looking at this photo of the Biscaya, I think we can easily rule out it was used for the exterior shot:

0507251462.JPG

• Like 2

15 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Great photo Daytona.  Where did you get it?  Thanks

This is actually the first result you'll get when googling for pictures of 'Hotel Biscaya Miami'...there are also pictures of it's demolition in 1987, which must have been another painful moment for Miami historians.

Edited by daytona365
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 14/02/2018 at 9:21 PM, Dadrian said:

I got no response from him about my Dale Menton’s apartment discovery. Maybe he’s on the prowl for some new info. :thumbsup:

Any ideas if this location is in LA - it has the style :hippie:

37 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

Any ideas if this location is in LA - it has the style :hippie:

Hey Matt! Haven’t seen much of you here lately. I hope everything is well with you. 

L. A., huh? May be!

Edited by Dadrian

Sorry I’m in LA been busy, everything good I’ve been looking in from time to time in last 4 weeks even took some MV LA-based recreation shots ! :cheers:

No sorry I mean the exterior of this building :hippie:

Edited by Matt5

• 1 month later...
On 12/7/2017 at 11:28 AM, Matt5 said:

999 Brickell from the Miami montage in the teaser of this 1986 episode :hippie:

88D70998-F4BE-43AD-82B8-07E57BE11D0E.jpeg

and another shot - slightly different of 999 Brickell (from 2013)

387.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

some nice memories from the long gone Biscaya Hotel and its use in Smuggler´s blues and Trust fund pirates

trustfundcompile2.png

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

Here are some good current day shots of 28 Harbor Point, Key Biscayne with some of the views we see in “Trust Fund Pirates”.  Next door to the “Payback” house (20).

28 was also seen in “Great McCarthy” and “Payback”.

DE8F7B1F-9806-4796-A8EE-CA6D69D58460.jpeg

AA126987-AFAA-4592-8B31-CAE94F87AA22.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

Here are some good current day shots of 28 Harbor Point, Key Biscayne with some of the views we see in “Trust Fund Pirates”.  Next door to the “Payback” house (20).

Love the photos. I know @Tom just explained this, but I’m totally confused all over again. :) 

vor einer Stunde schrieb Matt5:

Great Photos! Just to add that 20 Harbor Point was also in Great McCarthy.

vor 36 Minuten schrieb Dadrian:

Love the photos. I know @Tom just explained this, but I’m totally confused all over again. :) 

Nothing to be confused about :funky: Maybe it helps you if I admit that I am confused about different Jan Hammer sample tunes :p

20 Harbor Point was in Great McCarthy (Vanessa house) and Payback (Reydolfo´s), but was completely remodelled, thus is unrecognizable today (see below: left side as seen in VICE, right side as of today). 28 Harbor Point (Trust fund pirates, McCarthy) was also remodelled, but is still recognizable (second pic).

Bildschirmfoto 2022-02-20 um 14.39.58.png

trustfundcompile.png

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tom said:

Nothing to be confused about :funky: Maybe it helps you if I admit that I am confused about different Jan Hammer sample tunes :p

20 Harbor Point was in Great McCarthy (Vanessa house) and Payback (Reydolfo´s), but was completely remodelled, thus is unrecognizable today (see below: left side as seen in VICE, right side as of today). 28 Harbor Point (Trust fund pirates, McCarthy) was also remodelled, but is still recognizable.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-02-20 um 14.39.58.png

Thanks again. I thought I had all this right in my mind, but started third guessing myself when I looked at Matt’s photos. 

Are his photos 20 and 28 respectively? Or old 28 and new 28?

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 1

vor 16 Minuten schrieb Dadrian:

Thanks again. I thought I had all this right in my mind, but started third guessing myself when I looked at Matt’s photos. 

Are his photos 20 and 28 respectively? Or old 28 and new 28?

His photos are 28 Harbor Point only. See my old post on the 20 vs. 28 Harbor Point houses with old and new satellites: 

Edited by Tom
  • Like 2

Here is another view of the house (28 Harbor Point, Key Biscayne) we see in the Season 2 finale “Sons and Lovers” in the background from S Mashta Dr.  
This house was seen in 3 of the last 4 episodes of the 1985-1986 season. (As well as Season 1s “Great McCarthy” from 1984.

40A51C18-25CE-4941-B621-7AE129725476.jpeg

9155D9AF-53D1-4C33-9B56-7C05F74923B6.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...