How Did You Get Here? part 2

Ferrariman

• Administrators

In the beginning most members followed me here from .org. Now, almost a year later, new members are joining us daily, so once again I'd like to ask our new members, How did you find us?

I didn't say how I got here before, so I'll say it right now.I went to .org, thought it was the best place on the internet (before F-man got fired and the whole thing went to hell in a handbasket). Saw a post over there about here. Decided to come visit, prefered here over .org, decided to stay for a while. Now I know that dumping .org in favor of this place was a good move. I love it here! :thumbsup:

I didn't say how I got here before' date=' so I'll say it right now.I went to .org, thought it was the best place on the internet (before F-man got fired and the whole thing went to hell in a handbasket). Saw a post over there about here. Decided to come visit, prefered here over .org, decided to stay for a while. Now I know that dumping .org in favor of this place was a good move. I love it here! :thumbsup:[/quote']You're a smart lady, Gina!

In the beginning most members followed me here from .org. Now' date=' almost a year later, new members are joining us daily, so once again I'd like to ask our new members, How did you find us?[/quote']A great pastel coloured light from Brooklyn over the ocean to OZ beckoned me to the promised land. (From an old member LOL)

Oh yes, follow the light! As it turned out, it was just Castillo in a helicopter trying to pop a dealer with a assault rifle!:thumbsup:

I bought all the DVDs from all the Seasons, watched almost all of them, when I started thinking if there’s anything good on the net about MV. The first place I went to was Miami Vice Chronicles. I found that very good for information and still sometimes visit it. I was more interested in episode ratings and it gave fairly good indications on what was good and what was not – they’ve changed the website a little now and are guests are now re-rating the episodes…Anyway, I was wondering how others thought about the episodes and what people considered to be the best ones…After googling MV, I found myself on Miami Vice.org and found that quite good as there was a forum and many members etc. But I was only there for a little while. Separately, I was interested in MV locations, as I’ve often thought of visiting Miami and was interested in knowing where they filmed what…I googled MV filming locations and got MiamiVice.ws. When I started going through the locations I was wasn’t just amazed, but stunned!!! There was so much information and it was presented in a very good way. It was exactly what I was looking for and more…While on MiamiVice.org, I posted something – and I think the first reply I got (can’t remember who by) told me that .org isn’t that active and that most people are now on .ws… I thought to myself, “that’s the site with all the amazing filming locations! Right, I definitely have got to join that site!â€So here I am…and I like to think very much active. I haven’t posted anything on .org since. I’ve gone through many of the threads on .ws and understand that there are some politics between the two sites, but all that happened before I joined. It doesn’t really concern me, so I won’t ask!!!:)Happy to be here and thanks to everyone for doing such a great job – not just The Team, but also all the members who keep this site active.Thanks!:thumbsup:

I too found Miami Vice.org first. I even tried to register there but never even recieved an activation E-Mail. While reading a thread I found mention of this site and after looking at Miami-Vice.ws you can see there is no comparison. I guess it was meant to be!

• 1 month later...

I signed up for .org first, and I was pretty surprised at how quiet it was. In response to my introduction post, someone very kindly referred me to this site and I'm very happy!Thanks to all of you for making this site a delightful escape.

As F-man and Gina said............Ditto.Here I ARE!This is where it's happening for sure! A bit too much annimosity over on that other site for my liking. I don't like rough water...if you know what I mean?

On a random visit to 'previous' site I found it was pretty dead over there. Then after a google search I found this one, not knowing what it was really about I checked it out and it seemed genuinely better so it wasn't hard to make a decision to move here :done:

I first subscribed to the Miami-vice.org, when I read everything there, logging in here. Now I read everything here. :)

• Administrators

Now I read everything here. :)

You must've missed our glossary. It'll take you a month of Sundays to read that baby! ;)