Episode Running order

AzVice

Over the weekend i was reading on  miamivice.wikia.com/wiki/Miami_Vice_Wiki

I'm assuming the information is correct.

Not sure this will interest anyone but I know a lot of Vice fans know that there were some episodes shown out of the order they were filmed. particularly in season 2 with Zito's beard all over the place.Also season 3 with El Viejo being shot first. I ran across a lot of others though too. Baby Blues was apparently the third one shot for season 3, but shown 9th. In Season 4 Contempt of Court was shot 3rd, shown first. Rising Sun of Death had the opening with Caitlin added from the following episode to give her more airtime in more episode's. Indian Wars was shot ahead of some of the others shown before it. A Bullet for Crockett was actually the last one shot for Season 4. Heart of Night was the first ep shot for Season 5.

I also found interesting they have the rerun dates listed. Some episodes were rerun the year following their broadcast even though the look of the show had changed. The Missing Hours wasn't rerun, but neither were the 2nd and 3rd Caitlin episodes, which i find odd. 

Edited by AzVice
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, AzVice said:

Over the weekend i was reading on  miamivice.wikia.com/wiki/Miami_Vice_Wiki

I'm assuming the information is correct.

Not sure this will interest anyone but I know a lot of Vice fans know that there were some episodes shown out of the order they were filmed. particularly in season 2 with Zito's beard all over the place.Also season 3 with El Viejo being shot first. I ran across a lot of others though too. Baby Blues was apparently the third one shot for season 3, but shown 9th. In Season 4 Contempt of Court was shot 3rd, shown first. Rising Sun of Death had the opening with Caitling added from the following episode to give her more airtime in more episode's. Indian Wars was shot ahead of some of the others shown before it. A Bullet for Crockett was actually the last one shot for Season 4. Heart of Night was the first ep shot for Season 5.

I also found interesting they have the rerun dates listed. Some episodes were rerun the year following their broadcast even though the look of the show had changed. The Missing Hours wasn't rerun, but neither were the 2nd and 3rd Caitlin episodes, which i find odd. 

Yes good post - I can understand why " Missing Hours" wasnt rerun but agree the 2nd and 3rd Caitlin episodes were highly rated and actually very good and suprised not rerun 

:D

there were 4 episodes filmed before Stone's war. a couple after the daytona explosion, Shadow in the Dark and Baby Blues have the Testarossa for one scene each i think. i'm going to watch Stone's War before them though

When I watched the whole series last year, the only change I made was to start S3 with El Viejo and then I went in order from there.  If you really want to do it right, start with El Viejo after the opening credits, then go back and watch the teaser.  The Bon Jovi scene was supposed to be the opening teaser (and the start of the entire season) but then they went back and added the two scenes with the trucker for plot reasons.  Dick Wolf was a mess from the outset.  :thumbsdown:

yeah i usually watch el viejo first, but i didn't know a lot of the other episode's were shown out of order. probably doesn't make a difference, i'm just going to do it for the heck of it when i get up to season 3. just started watching my dvd's again for the first time in a few years

• 4 weeks later...

The next time I watch the entire series I plan on watching the episodes in the order they were filmed. I have a list that I got somewhere that shows the shooting dates.

• 3 months later...

Hi! I'm new here! 

While watching this thread first, I must tell you that I hope the episode running order will be corrected in the new Miami Vice Bluray release this October, I don't know about the intro and the slightly longer version of the music theme in some of the first episodes but it would be great to know if they changed something or not. 

they're not going to correct them . they'll be in the order they were broadcast. if you want to watch them exactly as they were shot you'll have to look up the production dates on the Miami vice wiki.

• Like 2

I was looking at the MV wikia's "Continuity Goofs" and I just wish they had made a better overview of the episodes in the correct order.

It's also interesting, that the "Dutch Oven" episode were made to be a part of Season 1, but I think it fitted better in Season 2.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, summer84 said:

I was looking at the MV wikia's "Continuity Goofs" and I just wish they had made a better overview of the episodes in the correct order.

It's also interesting, that the "Dutch Oven" episode were made to be a part of Season 1, but I think it fitted better in Season 2.  

I agree it was filmed directly after "Lombard" but seemed so much more like an early Season2 episode:D

9 hours ago, Voodoo Vice Dealer said:

Hi! I'm new here! 

While watching this thread first, I must tell you that I hope the episode running order will be corrected in the new Miami Vice Bluray release this October, I don't know about the intro and the slightly longer version of the music theme in some of the first episodes but it would be great to know if they changed something or not. 

Yes I agree but they will not be corrected as mentioned and will be in order as broadcast:D:D:fireworks::thumbsup:

funny thing is Dutch Oven had Giancarolo Esposito for the third time in less than  a year.

except for season 1 , the other seasons all had episodes broadcast way out of order. expecially glaring with Zito's beard in season 2. personally I just went through the

series this summer and I watched them all in the order they were shot

Edited by AzVice
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
2 hours ago, Ferrariman said:

I'm just happy to have them in any order!

Amen! :thumbsup: Trying to keep up with Zito's beard-debacle in Season 2 would be too exhausting. :p My sentiments...just watch!! :dance2:

• Like 1