A car used in Miami Vice

alleycat

Authentic 1986 Machiavelli factory-customized Trans Am with only 792 actual miles; V8 engine with automatic transmission. These were produced by Henderson Motor Works for only two years. Phillip Michael Thomas, "Tubs" of the TV show "Miami Vice," had part ownership in the car company. According to Bobby Henderson and major shareholder Steve Shoemaker, Tubs himself drove the car in two episodes of "Miami Vice." This is one of only 12 produced in this model. It's a very rare piece of automotive history

image.png

• Like 2

I think this was being discussed in another thread the past couple of days. PMT was involved personally with this car, but not actually on the show. I could be wrong. 

Their was some retro new wave video that uses still shots for its music videos and it had a photo of him in a white and red ferrari 308, so maybe he thought it must have been him in that and he probably used it in the show.

even though I think the closest he got was a lamborghini Jalpa at one point.

• Like 2

well...I always have a hard time with such claims by folks who don't even manage to correctly spell the mere five letters of a main character's name of the show/movie their stuff was supposedly used in. I have watched all episodes multiple times but really can't remember ever having seen this mutilated Trans Am in any of them. I would back Kavinsky's statement above, it resembles the Jalpa, but only slightly. And there were only few occasions where Tubbs drove anything other than his Caddy.

I am a major car enthusiast and fan.   I am also a major Rico Tubbs enthusiast and fan.   If RicoTubbs ever drove THAT car on MV I would remember it !!    He did not.

That was also, what I was thinking, if he did, some us would have remembered. Apparently PMT only invested in them.

I don't remember Tubbs driving in anything other than the Caddy and the Daytona once. Or could it maybe have been in one of those episode, that weren't as popular and therefor  skipped. :p

Now I remember another car in season 5, that Tubbs drove in, it was either the episode "Redemption in Blood" or "Hostile Takeover?" And a car in "Smugglers Blues."  

7 minutes ago, summer84 said:

That was also, what I was thinking, if he did, some us would have remembered. Apparently PMT only invested in them.

I don't remember Tubbs driving in anything other than the Caddy and the Daytona once. Or could it maybe have been in one of those episode, that weren't as popular and therefor  skipped. :p

Now I remember another car in season 5, that Tubbs drove in, it was either the episode "Redemption in Blood" or "Hostile Takeover?" And a car in "Smugglers Blues."  

Tubbs drove a different car in Smuggler's Blues?

21 hours ago, daytona365 said:

well...I always have a hard time with such claims by folks who don't even manage to correctly spell the mere five letters of a main character's name of the show/movie their stuff was supposedly used in. I have watched all episodes multiple times but really can't remember ever having seen this mutilated Trans Am in any of them. I would back Kavinsky's statement above, it resembles the Jalpa, but only slightly. And there were only few occasions where Tubbs drove anything other than his Caddy.

Well don't blame me for spelling mistakes.I copied and pasted no excuse but oh well.

2 hours ago, alleycat said:

Well don't blame me for spelling mistakes.I copied and pasted no excuse but oh well.

No no, not blaming you at all alleycat, don't get me wrong. You're much more of a household name in here than myself, so I'm sure you know how to spell all the Vice Cop's names. I immediately thought this was copy-pasted and was attributing to the original writer.

22 hours ago, summer84 said:

27ycvhy.jpg

"El Viejo" episode pic

This is really the only thing, that I can add to it:

http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php?/topic/12407-don-johnson-on-set-photo/ Coop mentioned something about it.

But I don't know, if Tubbs drove the car in that episode, or any other... 

Okay GM, T Tops, Corvette C4 Style Mirror, and a Hood vent, I think it could be a C4 but modding a hood on those to have a vent could be abit of a paint, maybe a Camaro or a Firebird.

I also agree that I too have watched all the five seasons numerous times and can't recall that car being driven by Tubbs at all???

Maybe it was in a turkey like Godswork or some other episode I don't watch often, but I do not recall that car? I am quite a piston head and would have noticed it!

I looked at that database and it's pretty good but they got a few of the cars year's wrong. Not a biggy. The other small mistake they called a Chevy which was actually a Pontiac other than that it is pretty accurate and interesting to see the old cars.

I love watching older movies just to see the cars going down the street. I like to play a game sort of......if the movie was to take place in a set year, lets say 1965 or something, I look for any cars that are newer than 65'

I love to catch the mistakes in movies.

The old black&whites of the 30's AND 40'S are harder to identify as many models were similar except for grille and hood ornoments changes.