The Homepage

Tony D.

Maybe it's just me but it seems the Homepage has become more confusing. We no longer have the chat portion to just post a one liner or two.

We also lost the concise list of new Topics......They are spread out, so it makes finding them much harder.

The Birthday list is easy to navigate, at least.

One other thing........I miss the numbering of our posts in the different Topics. I was able to find mine & other people's posts a lot easier, before.

If someone can improve these matters, I would appreciate it. Thank you!

I'd like for the logged-in homepage pictures (Miami Vice pictures) to match the non-login pictures (Star Trek Pictures???). When people first browse the site before they can login, that is what they see, Miami Vice and Star Trek (no offense, Kavinsky)...  

Edited by mvnyc

There is a better way to get an overview of post and topics, if you point at the "Activity" option and click on "Unread Content."

Then go to the option "Sorting" and choose "Newest first", if it isn't displayed already. Also click on "Read Status" and choose "Everything."

And click on "Save As New Stream." The options can always be changed and saved again.

That way it's possible to view all of the topics of today for instance and yesterday with only the last reply to it. I think that's less confusing.

So when logged in, you will have to click on "My Activity Streams" and below Custom Streams click on "Unread Content."

But I switch between All Activity and My Activity Streams. :)

Edited by summer84

• Administrators

The old homepage wasn't working with the update, so we had to disable it unfortunately. 

Would you like a small chat box near the top of the right side-bar? I might be able to do that. 

11 hours ago, James said:

The old homepage wasn't working with the update, so we had to disable it unfortunately. 

Would you like a small chat box near the top of the right side-bar? I might be able to do that. 

That may work. I think it was the called the shout box.

Oh......we did lose some emoticons, saluting with a drink, maybe others.

48 minutes ago, Tony D. said:

Oh......we did lose some emoticons, saluting with a drink, maybe others.

They're all still there, but some are hidden.  When you open the Emoticon box, you have click on "Categories" in the top right corner, then click on "Emoticons" and you get the full list.

:cheers:

• Like 1