Episode #94 "Bad Timing"

Ferrariman

• 2 years later...
  • Administrators

I kinda liked this one. Sonny can't seem to catch a break.Scottie's wife was the pits. What a nag. I liked how they tied her up with the speakers to her head playing that awful music she listened to. :D9 for me.

• Like 1

I actually gave this episode a 9 on .org. What the hell was I thinking? This ep is nowhere near 9 material. I was really positive about season 5 then, and I still am, but I now rescind my praise for Bad Timing. I'd say it's mediocre. It's not a terrible episode but it's not as good as you'd like it to be either.Good points about this ep; I liked the intro, I enjoyed the scene where Cruz and Wilson torch the gas station, I liked the shootout in the 'small town' (with downtown Miami in the background), there were nice shots of the Florida countryside, some good action and I suppose it was good that Sonny was on the side of law and order again after the Burnett ordeal.What I don't like; There is practically no Vice style to this episode at all! It might as well be another show. The story is very weak and simplistic. Cruz and Wilson are badly acted and sterotypical characters and I found the latter stages of the ep to be quite uninvolving.So overall a mediocre episode. 6.5/10

Guest neworder

The only episode that spoils the brilliant 1st half of Season 5. I've never been a fan of this episode. It's ridiculous from start to finish, the supporting characters are crap and tubbs randomly turning up at the end just in time is ridiculous. Tim Truman's music is way way over the top and easily his worst work. That said I love his music in this scene and enjoy this scene quite a bit

. In addition the florida countryside is quite nice. Up there with Viking Bikers as one of the most ridiculous episodes of Miami Vice. But I prefer this slightely more, gets a stunning 4/10 from me.

I can't think of anything to say about this episode other than I was bored by it, I could go along with what Maynard said about it being "Glades II" but Glades II had style ... and entertainment,Score: 4 Z's out of 10.

I give this one an 8...It wasn't the best ep.but i remember exactly where i was when it origionally aired...I never missed an ep..ever..We had a basketball tournament in Penn Yan NY...I talked the entire team into watching iton the only tv in the dorm we were staying in..I got my mother to tape it while i was away as well..I got home to watch it again and the tape was messed up...so i had to wait till is was rebroadcast...I have to rate it high cause it was the only ep. i feel like i had to chase.....

• Like 1

Topic: Episode #94 "Bad Timing" Posted: March 10 2008 at 12:11pm This is one of the best episodes I've seen since Season 4! Kept me on the edge of my seat. Lousy IAD guys are always trying to nail Crockett for something, but Rico & Castillo stand up for him. They realize he was not himself after the explosion, as Sonny said to the psychiatrist, he doesn't even trust himself, that he won't become Burnett, again. She was a nice person. C&B should like her cool office furniture....very MV modern! The singer at the State Penn. was a real Michael Jackson wannabe. He should have taken lessons from Johnny Cash on entertaining convicts. We have some MV humor back with Scotty's wife. Had to laugh when they tied her up with the boom box speakers on her ears. Those cons were cruel. It appears the gas station checker got out the back before they torched the booth. We find out about Crockett's childhood & how he learned to play snooker & listen to Hank Williams on the juke box. He had his Black Jack shooters & a beer chaser. Looked like Molson. The two drivers wanted to see his badge & the last one said anyone could get one of those! More Vice humor! Sonny, hanging by his wrists & being worked over reminded me of a scene from EJ's fan fiction.."That's What Friends are For". She may have used the idea from here. The cons kept calling Crockett..Blondie, though his hair looked brown. Rico looked sharp dressed in white. He gets to save Sonny's life at the end. I rate this 9/10I'm lowering this to an 8 for this poll, since I like the Burnett saga better.

• Like 1

Begin posting

Towards the end of the episode, Kathleen rushes over to Crockett, who is laying on the shore of a river, having just defeated one of the convicts. This scene is supposed to be taking place out in the wilderness, away from the city, but as Kathleen runs to help Crockett, several large hotels and office buildings are visible in the background

What I don't like; There is practically no Vice style to this episode at all! It might as well be another show.

That's my problem with most of Season 5 -- that certain something is missing from the Vibe of Vice. The existing main cast is all there, but it just feels like a different show altogether. Maybe it was a lowered budget, the change in trends away from pastel/New Wave ... or maybe that like Glades, the show didn't work outside Miami. Then again, we had episodes like Prodigal Son which were brilliant. In any case I enjoyed the Florida countryside in this one too, especially also since we get to see Sonny back for the first time in a full episode. Plus, I like the chemistry he had with the barmaid. But the baddies lowered this one to the level of any cheap, B-grade action show, not NBC's shining jewel in MV.I give it a 6.
  • Like 1

I like this ep for the Crockett story line.This ep had somekind of closure in it, and some great symbolism. To me the ep starter, the scenes at the shrink wore strong.The closing scene was funny and sweet.I didn't like the acting of the "creeps"I gave this ep a 8

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The Melissa Leo appreciation sub-threadAt great peril to my busted fingers, I am hammering this away on the keyboard, well kiss my grits!So somewhat in the grand tradition of the Caitlin thread, I believe Melissa Leo a.k.a. the hottie in ep. 95 'Bad Timing'. I would want her handing me the sweaty bottle of MGD over anyone else when I helmetlessly cavort around on my motorcycle to roadhouses in the Keys and play Hank on the jukebox. "Begin posting."

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Gave it a 6 for the overall story, had my attention the whole time. Hated the bad guys for the senseless violence. It was a good continuation of the previous eps. Wouldnt have been believable for me if they would have just continued with Sonny right back in regular vice business. but it should get a 10+ for Sonny in torn jeans on a motorbike (I need a drooling smiley here :D)

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

bad timing2/10 for me the pro's were lots of action and exitement. also i liked how sonny convinced scotty to cut him down. the con's were bad acting bad tunes and the events went by to fast for me to fully understand. i also think that the writers and directors rushed to get the episode done with which explains the bad acting and fast plot. it is #6 on my top 10 worst episodes the list being. 10. Missing hours 9. Heroes of the revolution 8. Viking bikers from hell 7. Cool runnin' 6. Bad timing 5. Whatever works 4. Death and the lady 3. Theresa 2. To much to late and 1. when irish eyes are crying.

• 2 months later...

I liked this episode - but it lacked Vice style but very gritty - some of the acting of the three thugs was very poor to a hard guitar soundtrack by Tim Truman . This episode was typical of any 1980s show. One of the thugs was wearing DJs blue checked jacket from "Walk Alone" ! It was good to see Sonny more human and on vacation at times .:D

• Like 1

I liked it, gave it a 9.Had a different vibe to it and once again, Rico saves Sonny from getting his butt blown off. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

4/10 from me.

I found this review to be particularly accurate, so I decided to quote it. "Bad Timing" = Bad Episode!! :evil: This one was ridiculous from the start...and in reality there would be no way they would allow Crockett to ever return as a cop! To coin a very old, corny, but true statement...the dude flipped his lid! ;)The whole premise of this one is pathetic and the escaped convicts were totally over-the-top! I also found Tubbs "magically" showing up at the end to save Crockett to be completely unrealistic and ridiculous! :rolleyes:This one's just stupid, and pointless! I gave it a 4. :rain:
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

Michael Thompson played the guitar on Tim Truman's tracks. Yes, that was 88, a time when musicians still could improvize, they knew what a melody is and they did not write for the Top40. And Michael played a real guitar not a computer...

what a difference to today's artificial marketing crap they call music... (Exceptions confirm the rule of course...)

• Like 1

Michael Thompson played the guitar on Tim Truman's tracks. Yes, that was 88, a time when musicians still could improvize, they knew what a melody is and they did not write for the Top40. And Michael played a real guitar not a computer...what a difference to today's artificial marketing crap they call music... (Exceptions confirm the rule of course...)

I love Truman' s work in Season 5 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...