Ferrariman

Episode #94 "Bad Timing"

Ingrid Indigo

This is one of my favourite episodes in 5th season. I liked the moment, when Crockett "confiscated" jeep from one man. 

AndrewRemington

Great episode!  Just rewatched it yesterday!  Binged on the Burnett storyline yesterday, all the way from "Deliver Us From Evil" to "Bad Timing." :D

A lot of people don't care for this episode, but I really like it!  Very fun!  Some people think that it's unrealistic that Tubbs showed up and saved the day at the end... However, I think it was to show that Sonny and him were back in sync.  Being partners they have a special sort-of telepathic bond (or I think they do).

Noggie

I remember liking this one but then I liked "Glades"! I enjoyed an episode each season outside of the normal Vice environment. 6/10

Vice Immersion

I'm a bit conflicted with episode, because on one hand the show reflected the contrasting environments and personas of Crockett, but the crime plot was somewhat generic. 

What was refreshing here, was seeing Crockett outside of his Burnett cover (the ferrari, the St. Vitus, and the expensive clothes) by driving his motorcycle, wearing more casual and rougher clothes, and saw more of his country side.  The episode revealed more of his rougher upbringing (which contrasts to the glitzy and polished scenery of Miami) with his father's heavy drinking and on and off parenting (which seems to reflect in Crockett's personality somewhat), and with the psychiatrist's meeting, elucidated more on his struggle to identify himself in amidst of assuming different covers (which eeriely parallels the struggle of multiple personalities, thus explaining how it was so easy for him to assume and believe he was Burnett).  It was a good way in bringing some closure to the Sonny Burnett arc, while at the same time leaving some residual uncertainty about Crockett's state of mind if he should continue being an undercover cop (...which we'll eventually know the answer to that question. :p )  ...It could've brought some intrigue to the show if the OCB characters related to their undercover struggles more with each other, kind of how it was with Gina and Trudy back in "Give A Little, Take A Little".

As for the whole crime plot, meh...  I know they had to include something in order to have a plot, but it could of had some more creativity here.  Or maybe a plot which could have subtly revealed as to why Crockett preferred choosing the Vice department in Miami (a glitzy, fast-paced international city) instead of a more traditional cop/detective role in other departments or in small cities.  Though I think Caroline back in "Calderone's Return (Part 1)" hinted at this when she said it was the thrill and excitement of such high-stakes intensity that Crockett enjoyed so much, which made them split apart, but... it couldn't hurt if this thrill-seeking trait was looked into a bit further. **shrug**

Overall, Crockett's scenes were great, but the plot was not memorable...

Edited by Vice Immersion
  • Like 1

Tony_MontanaCDL
On 7/12/2015 at 4:38 AM, Vice Immersion said:

I'm a bit conflicted with episode, because on one hand the show reflected the contrasting environments and personas of Crockett, but the crime plot was somewhat generic. 

What was refreshing here, was seeing Crockett outside of his Burnett cover (the ferrari, the St. Vitus, and the expensive clothes) by driving his motorcycle, wearing more casual and rougher clothes, and saw more of his country side.  The episode revealed more of his rougher upbringing (which contrasts to the glitzy and polished scenery of Miami) with his father's heavy drinking and on and off parenting (which seems to reflect in Crockett's personality somewhat), and with the psychiatrist's meeting, elucidated more on his struggle to identify himself in amidst of assuming different covers (which eeriely parallels the struggle of multiple personalities, thus explaining how it was so easy for him to assume and believe he was Burnett).  It was a good way in bringing some closure to the Sonny Burnett arc, while at the same time leaving some residual uncertainty about Crockett's state of mind if he should continue being an undercover cop (...which we'll eventually know the answer to that question. :p )  ...It could've brought some intrigue to the show if the OCB characters related to their undercover struggles more with each other, kind of how it was with Gina and Trudy back in "Give A Little, Take A Little".

Totally agree with you here. After seeing Crockett go through the Burnett phase and then seeing the motor cycle and the rougher clothes, it definitely fit the mood. 

Crockett's actions in this episode are also interesting as he's approaching the burnt out phase, and we see him acting more hard boiled (stealing the car, trying to kill one of the bad guys in the water, etc). it sets up the question if he has already burned out at this point, and tired of being the good cop, while he's struggling with himself. 

It's not a perfect episode, but I thought it was pretty decent. 

Matt5
8 hours ago, AzVice said:

geez with all the clothes they went through that's what they still had in season 5 ?!

Yes strange but quite cool ! :D:D

Remington

Nothing special.

Apart from the motorcycle ride, scenery, final fight, the girl, and my soft spot for old country music I don't really like this one.

Not fond on the rest.

5/10

APalFromHawaii

Badass! The country music is amazing, the storyline is good. :thumbsup:

Matt5
2 hours ago, APalFromHawaii said:

Badass! The country music is amazing, the storyline is good. :thumbsup:

Pleased you like this episode - I do also 

Very good :hippie::dance2:

• Like 1