FOUND ! Season 3 jacket

TheProdigalSon

Hi there!
I've been hanging around in here for years but for no reason, I've never written anything on this forum...

Let me introduce myself...I'm Valentin, 22, from Belgium.

I've always been a fan of the 80s-era and no surprise, Miami Vice is my favourite TV-show on earth. I know by heart every episode, and I re-watch them a lot! But I'm sure we all have this problem... :p

I even take notes of the clothing and aesthetics while watching, that's how crazy I am !!

I'm a huge fan of vintage clothing that I wear everyday and my wardrobe is mostly inspired by Vice. Someday I'll make pictures of 35+ 80s suit jackets collection. My mom hates it. :D

Last week, I found a Gianni Versace jacket on eBay for barely nothing... I was looking for years for a unstructured summer blazer, plus it's a Versace (I love this brand, well the Gianni era), it was a one time opportunity ! I was already loving its Season 3-ish look, so I wore it today (I've got it since yesterday) with a neon henley, a dark grey suit pants and black suede loafers. :cool:

This afternoon, I was randomly watching Theresa for the millionth time, and in the beginning, in the Wyatt bust, I realized... Crockett wore the same jacket than mine ! Same print and everything! :wuerg:

I'm still surprised, and in joy, I unintentionally fullfilled a dream... I have a jacket used in Vice !!

versace5_zps4iklkmmc.png

versace3_zps2r9ywo2c.png

Here are the pictures of the exact jacket... These are the photos made by the seller, he has a better lighting than I actually do... And I'm not really a professional photographer...

57127ab9b258f__57.thumb.JPG.5c2f36d90d3357127abc14896__58.thumb.JPG.9727c1f8686c57127abe87adf__64.thumb.JPG.d3f807f70ac157127ac0d180e__65.thumb.JPG.7825d746a2b4

As you can see, it's a gray summer jacket with a slight silky effect. It has a black triangle print, and the lining is black with gray triangles. Really beautiful.
Fabric look like a heavy cotton shirt, with a crumpled effect. It's really beautiful. I have no idea if I have to dryclean it or if I can wash it by machine...

There are a few wear and tear, like a barely noticeable brown spot or a broken cuff link (very common with jackets that had their sleeves rolled), but it's still in pretty good shape !

Do you know if this jacket was used in other episodes of the 3rd season ? There is a lookalike (same shape) more commonly used, but this one has no print : 

tumblr_m36ro0WIkG1r9rtbmo1_500.png

And finally, how I was wearing it today... Next time I'll make pictures with a pastel blue shirt, I promise.:p

57128009a5d70_2016-04-1614.40.05.thumb.j

Cheers !
Valentin:cool:

$_58.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_64.JPG

$_65.JPG

2016-04-16 14.40.05.jpg

Edited by TheProdigalSon
For unknown reason, pictures are uploaded twice...
  • Like 5

For some reason, pictures are uploaded twice... And if I edit the post, they magically reappear... Can a moderator help me with this ?

Thanks y'all ! :p
After a bit of research, the jacket was longer used in Down for the count (part 1) and Forgive us our debts.

versace7_zpskkf2ct2h.png

versace15_zpsubrb6prp.png

versace11_zpsigzyywwg.png

versace19_zpsmhdm37kc.png

I'm getting prouder and prouder... I remember wanting the jacket (but that's the case of lots of clothing item in the series), but I haven't realized what I have bought until yesterday !:D

Fate is really weird sometimes... But that's okay for me!:thumbsup:

Dude, you look great.  I shop in Ebay a lot and am constantly looking to add to my Vice collection.  Somehow I missed the jacket you got otherwise there might have been a bidding war for it.  :D

Thanks man ! I also shop a lot in eBay and in local thrift shops for vintage designer items.

Funnily enough, no one was interested in the jacket... Except one bid in the last minute that I outbid in the last seconds... I guess I was pretty lucky !:D

Thanks, I'm very honoured to be compared to Coop. I used to watch his scrapbook for hours ! :)

I'll probably make pictures of my collection of Vice-ish clothes, but I don't have the time right now, lots of work for school...

• Like 1

Congratulations on your Gianni Versace Vice style jacket.

I purchased the complete suit back in the late 80s and kept it stored with my other vintage 80s clothing.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

Now I'm really jealous ! :thumbsup:

Looks like a more formal version than mine, with shoulder pads, shiny lining and interior pockets... Mine is a very light jacket and is very loose fitting... As thick as a heavy shirt

21 hours ago, TheProdigalSon said:

Thanks, I'm very honoured to be compared to Coop. I used to watch his scrapbook for hours ! :)

I'll probably make pictures of my collection of Vice-ish clothes, but I don't have the time right now, lots of work for school...

Now you got the bug pal....prepare for endless nights staring at countless Ebay photos lookin' for your next catch!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MTVcops said:

image.jpeg

That suit rocks man! It represents my strongest memory of Season 3 clothing, coming from the scene in 'The Good Collar' when Crockett breaks down in the limo after Archie is killed. I'm not a big fan of the S3 style, but that suit I always loved!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheProdigalSon said:

Now I'm really jealous ! :thumbsup:

Looks like a more formal version than mine, with shoulder pads, shiny lining and interior pockets... Mine is a very light jacket and is very loose fitting... As thick as a heavy shirt

Fabric looks identical to yours, also very light and loose fitting 

On 4/16/2016 at 2:13 PM, TheProdigalSon said:

As you can see, it's a gray summer jacket with a slight silky effect. It has a black triangle print, and the lining is black with gray triangles. Really beautiful.
Fabric look like a heavy cotton shirt, with a crumpled effect. It's really beautiful. I have no idea if I have to dryclean it or if I can wash it by machine...

Congratulations, Valentin!  That's really fantastic!

If you collect 80s suits and are fond of designer stuff you probably know this already, but I would caution you not to try washing this jacket in the washing machine, at east not unless it has a care label saying the garment can be washed.  Fabrics and/or construction details may not hold up to water and agitation in the machine.  A genuine Versace deserves the investment in whatever cleaning method will best preserve the fabric and the look of the design.

6 hours ago, daytona365 said:

Now you got the bug pal....prepare for endless nights staring at countless Ebay photos lookin' for your next catch!

I got it already ! But it's my first "genuine" Vice item (Not the last I hope !), so my best catch!

I have countless white label Hugo Boss suit jackets, Armani, Smalto etc... And other brandless items but that still rocks and have that eighties vibe (Thanks eBay !) ! :cool:

I wear those casually, people at my school are aware of my eccentricity... And I sometimes have compliments by girls. Thanks Vice !

It's still my first Versace, I've spent hours on eBay looking for the perfect one, in my budget... And I got lucky :D

4 hours ago, vicegirl85 said:

Congratulations, Valentin!  That's really fantastic!

If you collect 80s suits and are fond of designer stuff you probably know this already, but I would caution you not to try washing this jacket in the washing machine, at east not unless it has a care label saying the garment can be washed.  Fabrics and/or construction details may not hold up to water and agitation in the machine.  A genuine Versace deserves the investment in whatever cleaning method will best preserve the fabric and the look of the design.

I won't wash it by machine, for sure. Don't worry ! :) It has no care label. The "loose" fitting and very light (very shirt-ish) quality of the fabric made me wonder that question...

So, drycleaning it is. Any advice for the "perfect wash" ? My knowledge in cleaning methods is quite limited, sadly...

5 hours ago, MTVcops said:

Fabric looks identical to yours, also very light and loose fitting 

I think it's because that's the same fabric...Probably their signature for the 1986 collection ? :thumbsup:

I love loose jackets. Sadly nowadays everything is "slim"...