FOUND ! Season 3 jacket

TheProdigalSon

8 hours ago, TheProdigalSon said:

I won't wash it by machine, for sure. Don't worry ! :) It has no care label. The "loose" fitting and very light (very shirt-ish) quality of the fabric made me wonder that question...

So, drycleaning it is. Any advice for the "perfect wash" ? My knowledge in cleaning methods is quite limited, sadly...

LOL, no, I would just take it to the dry cleaner's shop.  There may be a tag that tells the fabric content, i.e. silk, etc.  If so, I would point that out.  

If it doesn't actually have any shoulder pads or shaping you could possibly try something like the Dryel (home dry-cleaning kits) that was advertised on TV here in the US probably 10 years ago.  Dryel was designed to be used in the (home) dryer.  However, I've never used it and don't know if that product or similar is still available or available in Belgium. 

I would never even consider washing clothing made by Gianni Versace!

It is worth going to a professional cleaner so not to ruin the fabric.

47 minutes ago, Tony D. said:

I agree and any Armani also :dance2:

2 hours ago, Tony D. said:

All of my jackets are drycleaned...  So I agree. Yes, it was a dumb question. :wuerg:

By the way, I was wearing this jacket today at school. I finally discovered the fabric under the sun (yes, it's really rare in Belgium ! :D ), it's really superb ! :fireworks:

I have no picture to submit, except this one of my watch while waiting for the bus...

13072292_1031722940235945_1563126449_o_z

(Yes, my earphones are colour matching the t-shirt :D)

• Like 1

I didn't have time to research the Dryel product this morning, but after reading comments from several of you, I found that it's possible to buy it on Amazon.com (the US site; I don't know how easy it is to order from Amazon.com if you're not in the US).  A starter kit is $12.97 US, and this page contains numerous customer reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/Dryel--Dryer-Cleaning-Starter-Kit/dp/B003EMOE8U/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1461197561&sr=8-1&keywords=dryel+dry+clean

I'm not recommending experimentation on an irreplaceable designer jacket, but Dryel claims to contain no harsh chemicals and it could be worthwhile to try it on some ordinary dry-cleanable garments to find out how you like it, if you're interested. 

18 hours ago, vicegirl85 said:

I didn't have time to research the Dryel product this morning, but after reading comments from several of you, I found that it's possible to buy it on Amazon.com (the US site; I don't know how easy it is to order from Amazon.com if you're not in the US).  A starter kit is $12.97 US, and this page contains numerous customer reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/Dryel--Dryer-Cleaning-Starter-Kit/dp/B003EMOE8U/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1461197561&sr=8-1&keywords=dryel+dry+clean

I'm not recommending experimentation on an irreplaceable designer jacket, but Dryel claims to contain no harsh chemicals and it could be worthwhile to try it on some ordinary dry-cleanable garments to find out how you like it, if you're interested. 

Well, I think the best to do is to leave it to professionals... The cost of a dry cleaning doesn't justify for me the DIY.

I'll just have to find a good one, I won't go to the one in my village who use pins to put the bill on the sleeve and staples for the code on the interior pocket.. Yes, careless drycleaners exist... They probably think that because it's a village, people doesn't have irreplaceable designer jacket but cheap €70 polyester jackets...:thumbsdown:

• Like 1

Great find, pal! :thumbsup: I haven't looked through ebay for few months and here's result - jacket is yours and not mine :D Really love this loose fit, fabric and print. Congratulations!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...