Vacation to Miami 2016

Dadrian

1 hour ago, miamijimf said:

Here is a jpg from my Photobucket account.  Man do they have a lot of ads and pop-ups.

PDVD_000n_zpsvlyuq2wg.jpg

How did you post it?

4 hours ago, Dadrian said:

How did you post it?

Answer:  I just hit upload and then dragged and dropped but don't like all the virus and ad problems.  Looking for another on-line storage site.  Anyone have a suggestion?

1 hour ago, miamijimf said:
5 hours ago, Dadrian said:

How did you post it?

Answer:  I just hit upload and then dragged and dropped but don't like all the virus and ad problems.  Looking for another on-line storage site.  Anyone have a suggestion?

Okay, so if you're hitting "upload" on this forum, then this forum is hosting it for you, right? Not Photobucket? 

5 hours ago, airtommy said:

My old Photobucket pics from 2006 are still working fine.  Maybe older pics are grandfathered in?

http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php?/topic/7788-episode-38-florence-italy/&do=findComment&comment=185995

My oldest pics are completely missing--no thumbnail, anything. The oldest thumbnail I see is from my 2009 home studio. All those are locked. 

This stinks. I spent a LONG time uploading those photos and posting them in this thread! :) 

Hopefully, I'll be able to upload them again somehow. This thread helps me remember how nice that trip was. 

Thanks to you all for your suggestions. :thumbsup:

It does appear Photobucket has changed their policy and now charges for third party hosted images:

"If you have visited a website recently that displays images hosted on Photobucket, or are embedding images hosted on Photobucket on your own, you may have had a rather rude awakening one day as Photobucket decided to block these images from being displayed on third-party sites. All Photobucket images hosted on third-party sites, at least from what we can tell, are replaced by a dummy image. It reads: 'Please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting. For important info, please go to www.photobucket.com/P500.'

Photobucket defines third-party hosting  as embedding an image or photo on another website. This includes embedding photos on forums, eBay, Etsy, Craigslist or another other site on the Internet that is not Photobucket.com. When you open the referenced page on the Photobucket website, you are informed that you may restore the third-party hosted content by becoming a Plus 500 subscriber. A Plus 500 plan allows for unlimited third-party hosting, and provides members with other benefits such as an ad-free browsing environment on the Photobucket site, priority customer support, or full resolution photo storage. Photobucket offers three paid plans to members, but only the most expensive plan supports third-party hosting of images. It is available for $39.99 per month, or at a discount when billed yearly for $399.99."

From https://www.ghacks.net/2017/06/30/photobucket-now-charges-399-for-third-party-hosted-images/  dated 6/30/17.

So it appears we will all need to find a new source to store/host our photos

Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Okay, so if you're hitting "upload" on this forum, then this forum is hosting it for you, right? Not Photobucket? 

I believe Photobucket is hosting your images, and they are simply linked or embedded on this forum.

20 minutes ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

I believe Photobucket is hosting your images, and they are simply linked or embedded on this forum.

Right, if you're using the URL from Photobucket, but I thought @miamijimf was saying he uses the "upload" button on this site--like from your phone/computer straight to here. 

I think I misread your post. So if you upload to this forum then this forum is hosting or storing your photos, rather than Photobucket. That will always work and in that case, photobucket is not providing a hotlink. So I can upload photos stored on my laptop in this way. The issue I have there is privacy with filenames but I will look at that.  I am reading now about alternatives to Photobucket.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hey guys. I uploaded my photos to the website to offset the photobucket nonsense. I couldn’t make them go in order with descriptions of the post this time, but at least the pics can be seen. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 23/10/2017 at 5:56 PM, chum981 said:

Amazing pics!  Many thanks for sharing!  Bill Baggs Park!!!  Hope I get to go there, so iconic!

Enjoy ! So many locations - Bill Baggs Park is amazing !:hippie:

• 2 months later...

Read this post to post, all pages & guess who’s staying at the Carlyle at the end of May? That’s right, this guy! I’ll be in Miami for my 2 day MV location check out. Thank you again Dadrian. Seeing this has me stoked pal!

• Thanks 1

You’re welcome, @ZAQ 178 !

PLEASE share pics when you get back! We have the best location gurus here if you need any help finding your favorite spot(s).  Keep your eyes peeled! Many of them just jump out at you! :) 

• Like 2

On it’s on Pal! Because of your trip there & the details, you make it easier for anyone who’s going to do this! Glad my wife is on board w/ my MV forthoughts and has started helping plan this whole trip. Driving from NH to Miami to the SW side of Florida on a 2 week expedition & then driving back to NH is going to be epic! Leaving Miami we will be hitting the original “Aligator Alley” Rt 41 to SW Florida.

• Like 2

Dadrian, do you have a St location for the Evan gas station & Yankee dollar house? Also getting a list of filming places close to Ocean Drive/South beach so hopefully my wife and I can walk to these locations.

• Like 1

The Evan gas station is at 1240 W. Flagler. It’s only 5 blocks from La Liberdad (season 3 coffee shop) if you want the best Colada (Cuban coffee) on earth. Have a couple of bucks ready for the bums! :) 

Not sure which house from Yankee Dollar you mean, but the little Sarah Davis house is at 811 S. Surf Rd. in North Miami Beach. Charlie Glide’s mansion is on Key Biscayne at 485 W. Matheson Dr. 

Here are some extremely helpful links to save, many thanks to our very own @C Glide :

Season 1 locations:

http://www.miamivicelocations.org/page3.html

season 2:

http://www.miamivicelocations2.org/page3.html

3:

http://www.miamivicelocations3.org/page3.html

4:

http://www.miamivicelocations4.org/page2.html

And season 5:

http://www.miamivicelocations5.org/page3.html

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 3

Awesome, you’re welcome. You’ll be pleasantly surprised when you stand there. The house and the surroundings are still very recognizable, as you may have noticed in my little pan video. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Awesome, you’re welcome. You’ll be pleasantly surprised when you stand there. The house and the surroundings are still very recognizable, as you may have noticed in my little pan video. 

Great video , yours Dadrian? 

Greetings from Los Angeles :cheers:

9 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

Great video , yours Dadrian? 

Greetings from Los Angeles :cheers:

Thanks! Yes, from May, 2016. :thumbsup: