Vacation to Miami 2016

Dadrian

7 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Was the video taken just after sunset?:hippie:

Yes. It was quite a surreal moment for me. We played my “Last Call” song as we drove up. :) :radio::fireworks::p

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Yes. It was quite a surreal moment for me. We played my “Last Call” song as we drove up. :) :radio::fireworks::p

Great - the most beautiful sunsets in Miami lighter oranges and purples, they are deeper here in LA deeper blues and yellows - quite a difference between the two areas :hippie:

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

These are a few from the Ocean boardwalk in Hollywood, Florida just near Sarah’s house location at Georgia Steeet - now this is what Ocean Drive should be like !:hippie::cheers:

250E37F2-3F54-4C15-B61D-EEDB2ACE2A0A.jpeg

5528B247-9464-4618-A88C-76B3E7DD6FCF.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Great - the most beautiful sunsets in Miami lighter oranges and purples, they are deeper here in LA deeper blues and yellows - quite a difference between the two areas :hippie:

That's because LA is on the W. Coast while Miami is on the East.  I'll bet Miami sunrises are prettier.  Is smog still an issue in LA?  Nice pics of Hollywood Fla.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! Thanks for sharing these! I agree with the others. Beautiful family. I was listening to the MV Soundtrack as I looked at them and played the videos. (Had to complete the feel)

My oldest son lived in Miami for a short time working for the Attorney Generals office there. (He moved to Jacksonville after becoming exasperated with the parking there for work.) My younger son is the one who passed away. They were 10 years apart in age. (Sorry to go so off topic)

I visited him briefly in February of 2015. So, in just under 3 weeks I'll be back for his wedding there. I did take many pictures but was traveling with someone not keen on Vice. :( This time I will be solo, but probably wont rent a car. So I'll stay near Ocean Drive in a hostel probably. (Never have, so fun) 

Here's a picture of me at the Versace mansion, which I was excited to find because of the 1997 horrible incident. I remember the scary news coverage. (Am actually watching "America Crime Story" now, so I will certainly make my way to the Normandy for a peek)

I do like it here. xo

(Off to rewatch Yankee Dollar!)

11002617_864194850289574_1767933812780324694_n.jpg

• Like 5

• 9 months later...
On 1/22/2018 at 6:44 PM, Dadrian said:

Awesome, you’re welcome. You’ll be pleasantly surprised when you stand there. The house and the surroundings are still very recognizable, as you may have noticed in my little pan video. 

This looks great!  Thanks for sharing this video.  I didn't manage to go up that far.  It looks like a better place than south beach.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chum981 said:

I forgot to ask: Did you run from the house to the beach and into the water (i.e. recreate the scene from the episode) :) :P

I didn’t have a change of clothes with me :p

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 9 months later...
40 minutes ago, S.FL84 said:

Dude you look like you could've been in a MV episode.  Great pics,  great family.  Your a lucky man.

That’s very kind. Thanks. 

7 hours ago, S.FL84 said:

I also wanted to tell you RESPECTFULLY. - your wife is smoking hot.  Your a lucky man.  Does she have an older twin single sister? 

:) Thanks!

She does have an older, very pretty sister, but she has a lucky man, too. :p

• Like 1

It always amazes me how the avg person in all the locations you scouted would have no idea the earth shaking effect of what was filmed in those exact spots 35yrs ago.  MV was and always will be to me THE greatest television show ever filmed.  It was just so deeply in touch w/ popular culture and exactly what was happening not only on the streets but also in music and films.  Its equally amazing how it actually overtook what it was supposed to be relating and became what everyone else related to.  If that makes any sense to anyone.

5 hours ago, Dadrian said:

:) Thanks!

She does have an older, very pretty sister, but she has a lucky man, too. :p

Damn!  Just my luck :-(

On a serious note the priceless innocence on your son's face is absolutely incredible and refreshing.  I remember my 16yr old son when he was five and I want to tell you PLEASE cherish each and every moment.  Those times go by sooo fast and you'll never get another chance to relive them.  You truly are lucky bro to have such a beautiful family and to see those awesome MV locations you shared w/ us.  Thanks again.