Dadrian

Vacation to Miami 2016

Dadrian
1 hour ago, miamijimf said:

Here is a jpg from my Photobucket account.  Man do they have a lot of ads and pop-ups.

PDVD_000n_zpsvlyuq2wg.jpg

How did you post it?

miamijimf
4 hours ago, Dadrian said:

How did you post it?

Answer:  I just hit upload and then dragged and dropped but don't like all the virus and ad problems.  Looking for another on-line storage site.  Anyone have a suggestion?

Dadrian
1 hour ago, miamijimf said:
5 hours ago, Dadrian said:

How did you post it?

Answer:  I just hit upload and then dragged and dropped but don't like all the virus and ad problems.  Looking for another on-line storage site.  Anyone have a suggestion?

Okay, so if you're hitting "upload" on this forum, then this forum is hosting it for you, right? Not Photobucket? 

Dadrian

URL]

Edited by Dadrian

Dadrian
5 hours ago, airtommy said:

My old Photobucket pics from 2006 are still working fine.  Maybe older pics are grandfathered in?

http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php?/topic/7788-episode-38-florence-italy/&do=findComment&comment=185995

My oldest pics are completely missing--no thumbnail, anything. The oldest thumbnail I see is from my 2009 home studio. All those are locked. 

This stinks. I spent a LONG time uploading those photos and posting them in this thread! :) 

Hopefully, I'll be able to upload them again somehow. This thread helps me remember how nice that trip was. 

Thanks to you all for your suggestions. :thumbsup:

Sonny-Burnett

It does appear Photobucket has changed their policy and now charges for third party hosted images:

"If you have visited a website recently that displays images hosted on Photobucket, or are embedding images hosted on Photobucket on your own, you may have had a rather rude awakening one day as Photobucket decided to block these images from being displayed on third-party sites. All Photobucket images hosted on third-party sites, at least from what we can tell, are replaced by a dummy image. It reads: 'Please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting. For important info, please go to www.photobucket.com/P500.'

Photobucket defines third-party hosting  as embedding an image or photo on another website. This includes embedding photos on forums, eBay, Etsy, Craigslist or another other site on the Internet that is not Photobucket.com. When you open the referenced page on the Photobucket website, you are informed that you may restore the third-party hosted content by becoming a Plus 500 subscriber. A Plus 500 plan allows for unlimited third-party hosting, and provides members with other benefits such as an ad-free browsing environment on the Photobucket site, priority customer support, or full resolution photo storage. Photobucket offers three paid plans to members, but only the most expensive plan supports third-party hosting of images. It is available for $39.99 per month, or at a discount when billed yearly for $399.99."

From https://www.ghacks.net/2017/06/30/photobucket-now-charges-399-for-third-party-hosted-images/  dated 6/30/17.

So it appears we will all need to find a new source to store/host our photos

Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Like 1

Sonny-Burnett
22 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Okay, so if you're hitting "upload" on this forum, then this forum is hosting it for you, right? Not Photobucket? 

I believe Photobucket is hosting your images, and they are simply linked or embedded on this forum.

Dadrian
20 minutes ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

I believe Photobucket is hosting your images, and they are simply linked or embedded on this forum.

Right, if you're using the URL from Photobucket, but I thought @miamijimf was saying he uses the "upload" button on this site--like from your phone/computer straight to here. 

Sonny-Burnett

I think I misread your post. So if you upload to this forum then this forum is hosting or storing your photos, rather than Photobucket. That will always work and in that case, photobucket is not providing a hotlink. So I can upload photos stored on my laptop in this way. The issue I have there is privacy with filenames but I will look at that.  I am reading now about alternatives to Photobucket.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Like 1

Dadrian

Hey guys. I uploaded my photos to the website to offset the photobucket nonsense. I couldn’t make them go in order with descriptions of the post this time, but at least the pics can be seen. 

• Like 1

chum981

Amazing pics!  Many thanks for sharing!  Bill Baggs Park!!!  Hope I get to go there, so iconic!

• Thanks 1